JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, I did. Because they both do.

Forget about it.
Of course they do.. but what is "their fair share"?
It's guaranteed that all electronic switches will "fail" if left to their own devices/left alone long enough and it's pretty much guaranteed that all mechanical dial locks on safes will work for a very long time.. hundreds of years? who knows
anyway

Of course they do.. but what is "their fair share"?
It's guaranteed that all electronic switches will "fail" if left to their own devices/left alone and it's pretty much guaranteed that all mechanical dial locks on safes will work for a very long time.. hundreds of years? who knows
anyway

Again, forget about it. I AGREE with you.

I have a dial. I'm old school and just wanted something I new I could always get into no matter what the situation. If i'm going to be accessing my safe a lot, say on the weekend, I just have the combo dialed thru the first two numbers with the third number close to it's home. That way I can get in quick and easy.:)

Newbie to forums, this is my first post EVER. I don't believe my opinion is important enough for anyone to read, you been warned.
I was looking for a safe and came across many opinions, fact is, if some food stamp snowflake wants in they will get in. As far as security I really liked the blade approach vs the pins for the door as in the Liberty Safes. I bought a liberty safe with the digital pad, It is easy to get in and lock back up. I had a manual dial safe prior for my home protection hand gun but... thinking if i needed it quick in the middle of the night I was not going to go look for the key and then my glasses and then dial up the combination. So I would leave the dial one number away from open the key on unlock. Well, then what was the point of the safe?
I have had the safe for several months now and its a great piece of mind to be able to get in and out quickly and know its secure. The only regret is that I bought one that is too big for me. My wife reassured me that we would fill it soon so it wouldn't look so lonely inside. Yea she is cool like that, but like the safe her draw back is that she knows how to use all the guns!
My 2 cents keep the change.

Newbie to forums, this is my first post EVER. I don't believe my opinion is important enough for anyone to read, you been warned.
I was looking for a safe and came across many opinions, fact is, if some food stamp snowflake wants in they will get in. As far as security I really liked the blade approach vs the pins for the door as in the Liberty Safes. I bought a liberty safe with the digital pad, It is easy to get in and lock back up. I had a manual dial safe prior for my home protection hand gun but... thinking if i needed it quick in the middle of the night I was not going to go look for the key and then my glasses and then dial up the combination. So I would leave the dial one number away from open the key on unlock. Well, then what was the point of the safe?
I have had the safe for several months now and its a great piece of mind to be able to get in and out quickly and know its secure. The only regret is that I bought one that is too big for me. My wife reassured me that we would fill it soon so it wouldn't look so lonely inside. Yea she is cool like that, but like the safe her draw back is that she knows how to use all the guns!
My 2 cents keep the change.
Welcome to the group , and thanks for the input good info.

I just posted about this in another thread on safes, but I like the EMP combo lock on my safe. I use the digital because it's faster entry, but I know if the digital ever fails, I can fall back on the mechanical dial. Whatever I was going to choose, I wanted to be sure I had some kind of a backup to the electronic lock because I simply don't trust the longevity of electronics.

One thing I would never use - biometrics - especially on a bedside "quick access" type safe. I occasionally work with biometrics in my job - they are unreliable at best. If I did have an electronic or biometric bedside safe, I would unlock it before bed each night, just no time to react if the lock fails.

I just posted about this in another thread on safes, but I like the EMP combo lock on my safe. I use the digital because it's faster entry, but I know if the digital ever fails, I can fall back on the mechanical dial. Whatever I was going to choose, I wanted to be sure I had some kind of a backup to the electronic lock because I simply don't trust the longevity of electronics.

One thing I would never use - biometrics - especially on a bedside "quick access" type safe. I occasionally work with biometrics in my job - they are unreliable at best. If I did have an electronic or biometric bedside safe, I would unlock it before bed each night, just no time to react if the lock fails.

I am looking at Liberty for the new one and they have a huge selection. Gees its easier to buy a firearm then figure what safe upgrade I want LOL

Ok I've herd people say the battery's will die in elock but the elock will give you a warning well ahead of time also you are able to change the battery even when the safe is locked. At least on liberty safes. That should cancel out some of the con's on a electronic lock.

I have one of those safes from Costco. Think it's sold as a "14 gun safe", but my guns might be fatter than others...

Anyway - it has an electronic, battery-powered keypad on it. And I'm wanting to go old-school, and have a combination dial that doesn't need a battery. If any of you are wanting to go the other way, maybe we can swap.

Now I'm off to find the right place to post a WTT ad. Enjoyed reading the conversation here.

Intersting tid bit Liberty Safes have easy upgrades I was told you can have them pretty cost effective switch out a Dial for electronics.
I want to suggest to anyone with an electronic invest in a 9V solar adapter. If SHTF and that battery ever dies you wont get back in.
I went with a Liberty will be here in a few days, it wouldn't fit in the shopping cart ;). I went with an EMP version they have three.

Intersting tid bit Liberty Safes have easy upgrades I was told you can have them pretty cost effective switch out a Dial for electronics.
I want to suggest to anyone with an electronic invest in a 9V solar adapter. If SHTF and that battery ever dies you wont get back in.
I went with a Liberty will be here in a few days, it wouldn't fit in the shopping cart ;). I went with an EMP version they have three.

Most of the new digital locks have a way to change batteries on the outside of the safe,
Many that don't have access to the batteries will have 9vt battery contacts, which will
allow you to plug (or hold) a 9vt battery onto, which will provide a small charge to the batteries within the container.

I haven't seen any kind of battery operated container yet that didn't have an
alternate way to get access in case the battery dies, cause they know it will
happen

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR