JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I went looking for some factual information in order to counter some obvious nonsense I was seeing on line, and I found the best article against gun control I've ever read. It's a little old, written during the second Bill Clinton administration, but just about all of the arguments are still valid, maybe more so.

The best part is that it's co-authored by 38 pro-gun doctors, lawyers, psychiatrists, psychologists, and social workers, and it's littered with citations to prestigious publications by experts to back up its assertions. It starts slow, but it really builds a case against gun control and debunks the most popular and pervasive lies spread by the antigun groups, and it does so with credible expert commentary. I was so impressed that I decided to host it on my website:

http://zzzeke.com/Guns/GunViolence.htm

Thanks for posting the your link ... It is a good read.
I like the "out of the box " thinking that went into the article.
Right now it seems that folks on both sides are offering up the same solutions and arguments as always , which means that nothing will get done that really helps.
Andy

Last Edited:
Thanks for posting the your link ... It is a good read.
I like the "out of the box " thinking that went into the article.
Right now it seems that folks on both sides are offering up the same solutions and arguments as always , which means that nothing will get done that really helps.
Andy
I have found it very handy for refuting lies that get posted all over the place. You can go to the pertinent section and find real numbers that are backed up by the sources cited, and then go back and reply to those posts with correct information and credible sources.

My favorite part:

"Only 7% of criminals' handguns are obtained from retail sources,[13] so controls on retail gun sales cannot be expected to reduce criminals' access to guns much, if at all. Despite exaggerated claims of the success of the Brady Law,[90] the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (BATF) has acknowledged that the little existent evidence is only anecdotal.[91]"

Excellent article, thanks for posting!

My favorite part:

"Only 7% of criminals' handguns are obtained from retail sources,[13] so controls on retail gun sales cannot be expected to reduce criminals' access to guns much, if at all. Despite exaggerated claims of the success of the Brady Law,[90] the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (BATF) has acknowledged that the little existent evidence is only anecdotal.[91]"

Excellent article, thanks for posting!
This supports the Australian experience where after their 1997 gun confiscation their firearm homicide rate went down only 10%. That small fraction of criminals using legally acquired guns was the only group affected. At the same time their knife homicide rate increased 10% and robberies and rape went off the charts.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top