JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ruger SR9C. Never been a big fan of Ruger centerfire semi-autos. Until I shot a SR9C. Great trigger and fits smaller size hands. You really have to try one of
these Rugers. I was amazed at how well it shoots. The wife loves it and can do quite well with it.

If you want to thing out side the box.
The HK P7 yes it is expensive but most women don't like working the slide.
Chamber the first round and will not have to touch the slide again.
Just squeeze the grip and away you go.

Am I the only person on earth who likes the way Glocks look? :s0114:

Nope, I think they look cool.....good pistols too.
I had to buy a 29 because I like 10mm and I needed a CC, but after I gave it 500 rounds I still couldn't make myself fall in love with it.
I can hit with it and I carry it every day but I just can't love it and won't buy another.

Am I the only person on earth who likes the way Glocks look? :s0114:

No your'e not. They are like a USMC bulldog. Theyr'e so ugly theyr'e cute. I liked how they looked ever since I trasitioned to a 17 for duty use in the late 80's. I'll probably get flamed for this but, bad guys sure took notice when it was pointed at them. Still have that gun. After about a zillion and a half rounds the trigger pin broke last summer. Barron's Den charged me a whole $2.00 to fix while I waited. And interestingly even though the pin was broken, the gun was not out of commission. If needed it could still be fired.

Part of what I do in real life is design things...and I guess I'm attracted to simple, clean, uncomplicated stuff. I love stainless steel by a company called Zack - and to me, Glocks are sort of the Zack of the handgun world.

Just simple, clean design.

The fact that they go "BANG" pretty much every time you need them to is also why I love them. Love, love, love. :love::love::love:

My wife loves her little pt-111 taurus, fits nice and conceals well, esp while prego..

From experience. Sell that piece of crap. I'm serious. I had to send mine on vacation 3 times at $75 a pop for cracked barrel lug and cracked polymer frame. I wanted to love it but, I only got about 500 rnds out of it before I sold it after the last repair. They have a lifetime warranty for a reason. DO NOT TRUST YOUR SAFETY TO TAURUS! I can email pics if you want.

The biggest complaint my wife has with the various 9's would be how hard it is to load the mags. I don't own a single stack 9mm, but maybe they are easier to load. I think out of my collection the HK p30 is the easiest to load.

The biggest complaint my wife has with the various 9's would be how hard it is to load the mags. I don't own a single stack 9mm, but maybe they are easier to load. I think out of my collection the HK p30 is the easiest to load.

The storm's mag were a royal PITA to get all 17 rounds into. Wife got it loaded to12 once by hand. To get 17 I had to use the little tool. Waiting for a nice quite night so I can load and unload then a bunch and see if I can ge them to loosen up some.

I have had absolutely no issues with the PT-111, Taurus has a bad rap from the past, was yours the PT series?
Here ya go. If you want to see this picture better I can email it to you. The time the barrel lug cracked the PT stopped running with the slide locked halfway back. When the frame broke it kept running and I didn't notice the cracks until I got home and was cleaning it. The frame cracked at the hole where the take down pin fits. I would really urge you NOT to trust your wifes safety to a cheap firearm that she may or may not be able to defend herself with reliably. They all work great until they don't. Mine never had issues until it did. 3 seperate times! I traded mine in on a M&P VTAC 9mm that I've carried every day for the past couple yrs. Several thousand rnds down range ZERO malfunctions of any kind. I sleep good at night knowing that I can trust my life to my choice of carry gun. My taurus was a time bomb.

Here ya go. If you want to see this picture better I can email it to you. The time the barrel lug cracked the PT stopped running with the slide locked halfway back. When the frame broke it kept running and I didn't notice the cracks until I got home and was cleaning it. The frame cracked at the hole where the take down pin fits. I would really urge you NOT to trust your wifes safety to a cheap firearm that she may or may not be able to defend herself with reliably. They all work great until they don't. Mine never had issues until it did. 3 seperate times! I traded mine in on a M&P VTAC 9mm that I've carried every day for the past couple yrs. Several thousand rnds down range ZERO malfunctions of any kind. I sleep good at night knowing that I can trust my life to my choice of carry gun. My taurus was a time bomb.

This is a great topic for another thread. BTW there was a guy who wandered into last WAC show on crutches, he said he Taurus 24/7 went off in his crotch when he chambered a round. Not that chambering a round with the gun pointed at your crotch is a good practice, but it shouldn't of done that either. FWIW

Suggestion to OP: Look into the Steyr M and S series.

"Am I the only person on earth who likes the way Glocks look?"
No, apparently there are at least 2 or 3. I think Glocks are as ugly as a mud fence, but I find the pre-A1 M & S Steyrs handsome sidearms. How's that for cognitive dissonance?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top