JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just noticed your post! Im usually there a couple times a week.. lemme know when your in the area again... Im a gold member there so your range fee would only be $10 and I can use the LE bay... (if available)

We are now in the area, and loving the place despite the snow.

The hunt for "The" place to shoot is on, we we went to the Kenmore outdoor range this weekend, it is a nice place, but I am not sure the would allow the kind of training we are looking for. The Tuesday night shoots in Belleview are the right kind of stuff, but we are hoping for an outdoor range where there are not so many restrictions and something more training focused.

I am sure we will shoot there more often now that we are settling in. You can never get enough ragged hole practice, and a little move ans shoot is better than none.

Looking forward to meeting you at the range sometime.

Jim

I do a little shooting at the bays, but mostly I reserve the LE training room for a lot more shoot and move practice on my own. I usually book the room around 11am - 1 pm but the days vary.

SP

that sounds like fun, if you are ever looking for a shooting partner let me know.

+1

I'm in Seattle, and have a flexible schedule. Last time I was in that bay was for Insights general defensive rifle. Would be great to move and shoot, do some transitions, jam simulation, etc.

I need to make it out to the Eastside one of these Tuesday nights for IDPA. Also interested in the Friday night rifle league.

I'm usually there every Tuesday night. Its fun but they usually only run 2 stages because most of the time the match has to be done by 8pm.

Here is a video of me shooting there last night.

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice run! Is IDPA stuff a big change from IPSC/USPSA? I hear IDPA rules are a little more stringent

If you have a gun that shoots in Production, Limited or L10 in USPSA then you should be good for IDPA. Gear rules for belts, holsters, mag pouches in IDPA are about the same as USPSA Production. A bunch of guys at West Coast shoot with their USPSA gear at the IDPA matches, they are lenient about it.

Other different IDPA rules are that you can't drop a mag on the ground if there is still ammo in it. You have to store it in a pouch or pocket. You can drop the mag on the ground if you are at slide lock. You have to shoot from cover and reload from cover.

For the WCA, do you have to have a pistol, or can I show up with my old-timey revolver? Their website says you need a pistol and at least two mags.

What kind of revolver is it? I'm not that familiar with revolvers but there are 2 Revolver only Divisions. You would probably need a few speed loaders or something. The stages they set up are usually at least 12 rounds to complete.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top