Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Bellevue Gun Club IDPA

Discussion in 'Competitive Shooting' started by addiction, Dec 16, 2010.

1. addiction

addiction Monroe Wa Active Member

anyone shooting this next week? my wife and I will be up there looking for houses, and I was thinking about going and checking it out....

2. SigPacker

SigPacker Auburn, WA Active Member

Just noticed your post! Im usually there a couple times a week.. lemme know when your in the area again... Im a gold member there so your range fee would only be $10 and I can use the LE bay... (if available)

3. bshnt2015

bshnt2015 CA & WA Member

keep me posted, I'll be up later this summer.

4. addiction

We are now in the area, and loving the place despite the snow.

The hunt for "The" place to shoot is on, we we went to the Kenmore outdoor range this weekend, it is a nice place, but I am not sure the would allow the kind of training we are looking for. The Tuesday night shoots in Belleview are the right kind of stuff, but we are hoping for an outdoor range where there are not so many restrictions and something more training focused.

I am sure we will shoot there more often now that we are settling in. You can never get enough ragged hole practice, and a little move ans shoot is better than none.

Looking forward to meeting you at the range sometime.

Jim

5. SigPacker

SigPacker Auburn, WA Active Member

I do a little shooting at the bays, but mostly I reserve the LE training room for a lot more shoot and move practice on my own. I usually book the room around 11am - 1 pm but the days vary.

SP

6. addiction

that sounds like fun, if you are ever looking for a shooting partner let me know.

7. brandnew

brandnew PNW Member

+1

I'm in Seattle, and have a flexible schedule. Last time I was in that bay was for Insights general defensive rifle. Would be great to move and shoot, do some transitions, jam simulation, etc.

8. Topmaul

Topmaul Seatac Washington New Member

I want to shoot some IDPA in Seattle some one PM me please.

9. addiction

So I will be there tonight....June 7th,

10. Rammit

Rammit Bothel Member

Is this the west coast armory range?

11. addiction

yes

12. Dmonwai

Dmonwai Seattle Member

I shot an IDPA classifier there today. I'll probably be there Tuesday evening for the next match.

13. BlackRidge

BlackRidge Sammamish, WA Member

Whats the turn-out usually like at the WCA qualifiers?

14. Dmonwai

Dmonwai Seattle Member

They don't do Classifiers very often. That last one was July 17th. The turn out for it was pretty small, I think it about 5 or 6 people. The Tuesday evening matches can get kinda full, 20-25 shooters.

15. GG Asian

GG Asian Seattle, WA New Member

I need to make it out to the Eastside one of these Tuesday nights for IDPA. Also interested in the Friday night rifle league.

16. Dmonwai

Dmonwai Seattle Member

I'm usually there every Tuesday night. Its fun but they usually only run 2 stages because most of the time the match has to be done by 8pm.

Here is a video of me shooting there last night.

[video=youtube;SrEgt7N3a1g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrEgt7N3a1g[/video]

:D

17. BlackRidge

BlackRidge Sammamish, WA Member

Nice run! Is IDPA stuff a big change from IPSC/USPSA? I hear IDPA rules are a little more stringent

18. 2506

2506 Seattle Well-Known Member

For the WCA, do you have to have a pistol, or can I show up with my old-timey revolver? Their website says you need a pistol and at least two mags.

19. Dmonwai

Dmonwai Seattle Member

If you have a gun that shoots in Production, Limited or L10 in USPSA then you should be good for IDPA. Gear rules for belts, holsters, mag pouches in IDPA are about the same as USPSA Production. A bunch of guys at West Coast shoot with their USPSA gear at the IDPA matches, they are lenient about it.

Other different IDPA rules are that you can't drop a mag on the ground if there is still ammo in it. You have to store it in a pouch or pocket. You can drop the mag on the ground if you are at slide lock. You have to shoot from cover and reload from cover.

What kind of revolver is it? I'm not that familiar with revolvers but there are 2 Revolver only Divisions. You would probably need a few speed loaders or something. The stages they set up are usually at least 12 rounds to complete.

20. 2506

2506 Seattle Well-Known Member

It's either my 3" model 65 or 2.5" model 19, whatever I'm carrying that day. I have more speedloaders than I know what to do with.