JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'd like to start going to competitions. I'm a member of TCGC and I see they offer IDPA matches but it appears that to participate in the IDPA matches one must also be an IDPA member. Membership is $50 a year. Their web site doesn't give any information on what that $50 gives you.

Can someone please enlighten me as to the benefits of $50 a year for IDPA membership?

Thank you

I don't think you are required to be a member to compete, I have without it.

The main point of the membership is if you want to compete at other National events. It's basically their way of scoring shooters. That and you can score yourself among the nations shooters. It's also the way you get invitations to bigger events, if you are good that is.

While not a reason to join but it is in the rule book that you need to maintain your membership.

IDPA Rule 2017
3.11.D I will maintain a current IDPA membership after my third match.

I have no idea if TCGC IDPAA checks.

My club doesn't care. We divested ourselves of official IDPA partnership due to interference and too much migration of USPSA types into leadership positions.

The only diff for me is that I won't get an official ranking from National.

Maybe they can explain it here:
https://www.idpa.com/

$50 is cheap for being able to shoot those matches.

If the club does realistic scenarios, it is really good practice for SD that is hard to duplicate on your own. You should also get help and tips from officers and other competitors. Which would cost you a lot more in class fees/training.

IOW, it is cheap training. I don't mean to suggest that it replaces professional SD classes, but it is a cheap option to widen your intake of info/training.

IIRC rules say you can shoot a match as a guest... go for it!!!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads