JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What's the legality of panhandling? Misdemeanor or felony?

I'm more likely to help an honest person out than a dishonest one...
What's the legality of panhandling? Misdemeanor or felony?

I'm more likely to help an honest person out than a dishonest one...

I don't think it would be a felony unless you were doing it in polk county florida

I took ma out for Chinese food ( she's 92 ) and walking into the place I said "hey look mom we can go across the street and by marijuana, did ya ever think you'd see that?" Head shake.:D

I took ma out for Chinese food ( she's 92 ) and walking into the place I said "hey look mom we can go across the street and by marijuana, did ya ever think you'd see that?" Head shake.:D
She shook her head because you could probably buy it in stores when she was a kid... if she remembers that.

The only time I've given money to a panhandler was when one juggled... it was entertaining so I gave him a buck or two.
I buy whatever the begger asked for and wait to see how dissapointed they are. LoL

My grandkids have made up food and hygiene gift bags for guys begging on the corners in Tacoma. Turned down most of the time. A few times the guy would eat one item [like a candy bar] and toss the rest. Daughter was disappointed, but I told her it was a good life lesson for her three kids to learn early on.

My grandkids have made up food and hygiene gift bags for guys begging on the corners in Tacoma. Turned down most of the time. A few times the guy would eat one item [like a candy bar] and toss the rest. Daughter was disappointed, but I told her it was a good life lesson for her three kids to learn early on.
It's a great lesson.
Had a guy begging for food one time a long time ago in Newport Oregon I was with my sister.lol I have told this story before but here it is again .the guy's accully there was two of them and they had a dog.
We go in the store we get what we where there for my sister buys a few cans of dog food .
And when we are leaving she gives it to the guys.
Lol they say what about us .
She says I don't care about you just make sure your dog get fed.
She knew these guys were drug addicts drunks.
They didn't want the food they just want cash if you give them food they won't eat it most of the time

If I had a sure fire way of telling the very small percentage of truly deserving from the majority of scum bags I'd likely pass over a buck or two. I cant tell so no money comes out of my pocket. Many years ago I did electronic service work downtown Portland primarily servicing the stock brokerage industry. Our office was centrally located and I would often walk to service calls in decent weather. So one day I'm footing it to a call and stop by the small bakery that used to be across from what is now Pioneer Square. Bought some cookies, freshly baked. About the next corner I come upon this guy telling me he is starving, scruffy, dis-shelved, and loaded with BO. He tells me twice in a pleading voice that he's had no food for days. So I pull two freshly baked cookies out of the bag and hand them to him. Yep, you know what's coming, a-hole throws them to the ground, cuts loose with F bombs and beats feet. I have forgotten many things, many more important than this story I'm sure. But I've never forgotten that guy.

If I had a sure fire way of telling the very small percentage of truly deserving from the majority of scum bags I'd likely pass over a buck or two. I cant tell so no money comes out of my pocket. Many years ago I did electronic service work downtown Portland primarily servicing the stock brokerage industry. Our office was centrally located and I would often walk to service calls in decent weather. So one day I'm footing it to a call and stop by the small bakery that used to be across from what is now Pioneer Square. Bought some cookies, freshly baked. About the next corner I come upon this guy telling me he is starving, scruffy, dis-shelved, and loaded with BO. He tells me twice in a pleading voice that he's had no food for days. So I pull two freshly baked cookies out of the bag and hand them to him. Yep, you know what's coming, a-hole throws them to the ground, cuts loose with F bombs and beats feet. I have forgotten many things, many more important than this story I'm sure. But I've never forgotten that guy.
That's the PROBLEM.
You can't tell the difference .
Lol a year or two ago I was at a truck stop in Spokane.
This guy walks up and tells me he needs 25 bucks for a fan belt .
He says he has his wife and kids In the car and they are stuck .
I give him 10 bucks.
Three weeks later .
Same guy same story same truck stop .
What you gonna do.
I just said I gave you 10 bucks the other day.
He just walked away like no big deal.
I told the guy in the truck next to me what was up he got on CB and said something .
I went in and told the manager at the truck stop.

The sad thing is .
Now if someone who really needs help ask me .
I don't help them because I have been suckered.
You just can't tell anymore.its all a scam .
And the ones who suffer are the PEOPLE who really needs help.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top