JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can't believe people actually think this place is cool....am I missing something? Did Dave sell the place? Matt still there? F*****g scumbags. F**K Beavercreek, mark my words man, you'll find out the type of scummies they are the hard way.

I can't believe people actually think this place is cool....am I missing something? Did Dave sell the place? Matt still there? F*****g scumbags. F**K Beavercreek, mark my words man, you'll find out the type of scummies they are the hard way.
Ok I didn't really say it was cool. And I did say this was my first visit to a indoor range. I believe Dave is still there but he left as I arrived.

I assume he is the one I have read about yelling and screaming at people.

May I ask what has given you such a bad taste about them.

At this point living in Beaverton this is my only option to shoot without having to drive far.

Sure Threat Dynamics will be open soon but thats not a drive I want to do after a long day of work. The traffic sucks.

Same goes for A Place to Shoot.

I am going to check out Threat Dynamics for sure and maybe the difference will make the drive worth it.

Let me know If you and your father want to try The Place to Shoot sometime. I can meet you guys there and bring you in as guests on a weekend. I dont have a big collection of guns but I might have something that I can bring for you to try out. They allow handgun caliber rifles so I could bring my Kriss or my mechtech (glock 19 with a rifle upper) and the range goes out father to 50 ft. Just need to know the 4 rules and buy your own ammo :)

Let me know If you and your father want to try The Place to Shoot sometime. I can meet you guys there and bring you in as guests on a weekend. I dont have a big collection of guns but I might have something that I can bring for you to try out. They allow handgun caliber rifles so I could bring my Kriss or my mechtech (glock 19 with a rifle upper) and the range goes out father to 50 ft. Just need to know the 4 rules and buy your own ammo :)

Cool thats nice of you I will have to take you up on it.

I'm honestly surprised that place is still open for business. I went in there twice. Thought the first was a fluke, but the second trip proved me wrong. Started doing my business at MK Tactical and Willamette Valley (since closed). Shooting? Just pack a bag and head out to the forest on the weekend.

My only issue no one can say why. Is your opinion based off of you experience or just because someone else said something? There was nothing during my first visit that would sway me to not go back. I plan on visiting Threat Dynamics this week to compare. But to be honest I emailed the guys at Threat Dynamics last week for more information and no one respond to my email.

{rant}

The first time I walked into their store, I watched them belittle a man about his choice in firearm, and his current education about said firearm. He asked about certain modifications/accessories and what they did and the guy and lady behind the counter scoffed at him and more or less dismissed him. When he got around to asking for range time they begrudgingly let him onto the range. At no point was the man unsafe about anything, he was just curious....and I guess curiosity killed the gun enthusiasts enthusiasm.

Second time, I went in looking for some factory .357 sig ammo, and maybe a mag or two for my XD. Instead of saying they don't carry the ammo (it isn't quite as mainstream as 9mm, 40, or 45 auto) the older guy there went on a lecture that lead to questioning inadequacies I was trying mask by shooting that round and how I was a "common cartridge snob". I stood there for the entirety just to let him know I would never speak positively of his business to anyone, and I would never set foot on his property again. I got more or less of a "good riddance".

{/rant}

Truth be told about 357 sig... Texas DPS shoots it, and I like how it's performed for them so far. Had two 1911's and a FNP-45. Neither 1911 ran for crap and the FNP-45 didn't like lead.

I will offer a different opinion,
I live about 5 miles from Beavercreek and have been shooting there for about three years. Staff has always been great and I have never had a negative experience.
I usually go at 10am when they open and usually have the range to myself, as I like it. I have shot thousands of rounds of their reloaded ammo in multiple calibers with no issues.
The only downside I see is the range max distance is only 30 feet, but since I mainly am just training with my carry pistols it works fine.
No I don't work there nor am I related to anyone that does.

Jim

My only issue no one can say why. Is your opinion based off of you experience or just because someone else said something? There was nothing during my first visit that would sway me to not go back. I plan on visiting Threat Dynamics this week to compare. But to be honest I emailed the guys at Threat Dynamics last week for more information and no one respond to my email.

BC and TD were very different experiences for me. BC is a basic indoor range, TD is a high tech simulation experience. I like them both, but for very different reasons

BC and TD were very different experiences for me. BC is a basic indoor range, TD is a high tech simulation experience. I like them both, but for very different reasons

Threat Dynamics now has an actual indoor range. Opened this weekend

6wUGQDd.jpg?1

6wUGQDd.jpg

Threat Dynamics now has an actual indoor range. Opened this weekend

View attachment 109685
Yes, I was aware of the new range. But their main focus is interactive training. All of which is cool but again, it is a very different place than BC. As I said, I like them both but BC is so close to me and so inexpensive that I do most of my handgun shooting at BC. I am also a member a DRRC but that is 45-65 minutes each way.

So reading more about them it looks like most people have problems with the services they offer. I mainly was looking to use the range. That was my main need. Sure I can go out to the woods but I really want a place I can hone my skills with my EDC. Somewhere I can just stop by after work last minute.

Possibly somewhere I can becoe a member but the option where I dont need to be a member.

As I said I plan to check our threat dynamics this week. I will be sure to take some pic's if they let me and I will let everyone know how it was.

:s0106:Ok I just got back from trying out Threat Dynamics. I will say they are a much nicer place. Range goes out to what I will say is 25 yards.

Price wise its 25$ lanes fee (Non Member) 5$ inspection fee of your own factroy ammo. If you want to bring a guest and you share a lane its $10 extra for the gues.

I went in filled out the paperwork everyone there was very friendly. Place is nice and clean.

Many guys you can choose from if you want to rent.

Now if I just can get them to move to Beaverton:cool:

Now if I just can get them to move to Beaverton:cool:

They used to be in Hillsboro just off Cornelious Pass Road, closer to town than Beavercreek Armory. But they needed more room, I guess.

As for Beavercreek Armory, I've been there probably 5 or 6 times, never once had any issues with anyone or anything there. Ammo isn't the best, but only problems I ever had was when my pistol was brand-new and I didn't know to clean and oil it, had a couple stovepipes. But other than that, no problems. Shot 9mm, .357mag and .38spl. Price is a little high, but only indoor place that's a quick drive away. I'd like to hit a spot in the woods so I can shoot some of my bigger stuff that you can't shoot indoors, but I don't know where to go besides Brown's Camp, and nobody wants to share their spots, so I don't even know where to start looking. Oh well, weather sucks for outdoor shooting now anyways.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top