JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks tits!!!

Found my old post on the same thread.......

"I used Beavercreek to facilitate the transfer of my silencer from Sliencer Shop. They had me fill out a 4473 and ran a state background check which I thought odd but I rolled with it.

The kid initially would not let me unbox the silencer until I had completed the paperwork. I insisted and played the "I already own it card" and he backed off so that I could examine it.

Finished the transfer but next time I will use M&K Tactical in Hillsboro."

-E-

Went there years ago looking for a decent gun range. I walked in and was amazed how surly the lady was. Everything they charged for: ammo ,targets, range time. Couldn't bring your own then or they charged a fee. Just got more and more disgusted. Finally just said that I wouldn't be back, and got a snarky comment to my back....Just made it easier for me! 1 out of 5 would be generous!

Surprised they lasted this long

Never been there, don't know how they operated. But coming back around to the economics of it, I've wondered before how indoor ranges can turn over enough revenue to make it work. Unless their mother owns the building. Because rents for retail businesses have been high for years. It's the same thing for barber shops. They can only cut so many heads of hair in X amount of time. Unless the barber is very special in some way, it's a low revenue service. I'm thinking charging people to shoot is also relatively low revenue. Combining an indoor range with a retail store, that may make it work as a whole if it's done right. But the cost of facility for the range end of it is going to hang over the whole thing. Raising the cost per visit is one way, but that is like increasing the cost of First Class postage. The higher it goes, the fewer customers remain in the base.

Another thing about indoor ranges is staffing. Done right, there should be a duty range employee in there at all times. Cutting corners to make bottom line work tempts them to skimp on this.

Never been there, don't know how they operated. But coming back around to the economics of it, I've wondered before how indoor ranges can turn over enough revenue to make it work. Unless their mother owns the building. Because rents for retail businesses have been high for years. It's the same thing for barber shops. They can only cut so many heads of hair in X amount of time. Unless the barber is very special in some way, it's a low revenue service. I'm thinking charging people to shoot is also relatively low revenue. Combining an indoor range with a retail store, that may make it work as a whole if it's done right. But the cost of facility for the range end of it is going to hang over the whole thing. Raising the cost per visit is one way, but that is like increasing the cost of First Class postage. The higher it goes, the fewer customers remain in the base.

Another thing about indoor ranges is staffing. Done right, there should be a duty range employee in there at all times. Cutting corners to make bottom line work tempts them to skimp on this.
Johnson Creek seems to be doing OK. Membership has only gone up around 30 bucks since I joined about ten years ago. I like their model. Self entry, bring your own ammo and sweep up afrer yourself.

Johnson Creek is a great range, love their setup and model. Wish something like that existed on the west side of town.

I can't stand the way ranges like at Threat Dynamics or Beavercreek do or did business. Either buy their over priced ammo or pay a silly inspection fee.

Johnson Creek seems to be doing OK. Membership has only gone up around 30 bucks since I joined about ten years ago. I like their model. Self entry, bring your own ammo and sweep up afrer yourself.
Sounds like a private club I belonged to many years ago back east. Same process, with the caveat to document any damage in the sign-in/sign-out ledger and leave your $1 target fee in the honor box.

Johnson Creek is a great range, love their setup and model. Wish something like that existed on the west side of town.

I can't stand the way ranges like at Threat Dynamics or Beavercreek do or did business. Either buy their over priced ammo or pay a silly inspection fee.
TD currently does not require you use their ammo, and they did not charge me any sort of inspection fee when I was there on Wednesday.

TD currently does not require you use their ammo, and they did not charge me any sort of inspection fee when I was there on Wednesday.
temporarily.

i stopped going there 'cause i had to either pay to have my ammo inspected or buy their over-priced junk CCI or such. on top of that, couldn't bring in my own targets, which i had for a couple years prior. they new rules'd me right on out of there.

kinda glad tho', set me off in a new direction where i've saved $1000s.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top