JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
temporarily.

i stopped going there 'cause i had to either pay to have my ammo inspected or buy their over-priced junk CCI or such. on top of that, couldn't bring in my own targets, which i had for a couple years prior. they new rules'd me right on out of there.

kinda glad tho', set me off in a new direction where i've saved $1000s.
Indeed. There are definitely better options out there.

When I lived in Tigard I was an annual member at TD. Not cheap but I did. Could bring my own ammo in but they did not allow reman ammo, which was fine I understood. I bristled at the ammo inspection especially as a paid member. Liked most of the employees but had been barked at and didn't care for the attitude. Left and never went back.

Finally went across the street and went to Tri-County. Made it through the wait-in-line process. Paid under $200/year , could bring my own targets and ammo, and met some very nice people. Wish I still belonged there (in TX now).

Good Customer service is everything.

Interestingly I didn't know they'd shut down until today as I was looking for something else and ran across their location on google. I live 10 minutes from this shop and would drive to Camas if I wanted to shoot indoors (that's how much I avoided that place). I wonder, with the range all set up if a reputable shop will move in and run a reputable indoor range. Would be a nice change.

Interestingly I didn't know they'd shut down until today as I was looking for something else and ran across their location on google. I live 10 minutes from this shop and would drive to Camas if I wanted to shoot indoors (that's how much I avoided that place). I wonder, with the range all set up if a reputable shop will move in and run a reputable indoor range. Would be a nice change.
That would be great! I am fairly sure they already have an Oregon location picked out, but it would be great if @Sporting Systems opened up shop there. Anything they do is bound to be fantastic. It would be sweet to have a store in Oregon with a built in range so that while you're waiting for your suppressor paperwork to be approved you can shoot with it at the range.

Wow... Just... wow... :eek:

Must shoot the range's overpriced ammo, inspection fee if you bring your own, must buy their targets, and what's this shiit about no remans? WTF??? o_O
Man, this place sounds totally idiotic and full of the most fetid, bovine bowel movement...

Definitely NOT saddened to see them go; they are the worst brick and mortar gun shop I've ever dealt with. The story:

I was in my early 20's and just bought my very first handgun (used PPK clone). As (bad) luck would have it, the trigger guard snapped during the very first range session (using quality, factory ammo by the way). Since I had relatively little idea as to what I was doing, I took it Beavercreek Armory…. since they did offer gunsmithing services (this was at the Cornelius Pass location before they moved). They said if I sourced the part, they'd be able to replace it. I bought the new trigger guard and brought it in. They said it would take about a week. Two weeks later I got a vague call that they want me to come in to talk about the pistol. They cracked the frame trying to drive the trigger guard pin out. They refused to take accountability and claimed I brought it in that way. I can't imagine why I would ever have bothered trying to replace a trigger guard on a pistol with a cracked frame but that's the line they held and since I didn't know what to do I gave up. Was a pretty expensive lesson at the time.

While it is pure poetic "karma is a thing" justice that Beaver Creek Armory is closed,
it does make you wonder why they stayed open for as long as they did with 99% of the reviews being negative.
I can't remember a single person who after going there for the first time, not leaving and vowing to never come back.

While this forum has some "characters", in general we're not hard to please and are loyal when respected as customers.

This is a good opportunity for other gun businesses to take note of why the customer is so important.

Last Edited:
Interesting, I've heard from licensing professionals that work for .gov that the reason they "voluntarily" gave up their license was because during annual inspection it was discovered that a grow room existed above the firing line. The ventilation system for the firing line kept "certain" smells from being discovered indoors. All in all it was a way to supplement lackluster sales income.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top