JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If it was a pistol with a brace, you would've thought that any semi-decent lawyer could argue that easily and been able to get the SBR charge dropped.

Ray
You know how courts are, they ram charges down the defendants throat long before they have a chance to voice their side. Also, if he (the defendant) isnt familiar with firearms and firearm laws he may be accepting a charge that isn't just. Especially if the arresting leo thought a shockwave brace was a stock as woukd the judge. Their extremely limited firearm knowledge (in general) is quite scary seeings how they are in positions of power.

Wish there was a picture to show us the firearm in quesion.

Yeah, sounds kinda hokey.

Really really good attorney (if SBR), or really really bad attorney (pistol/brace).

If it is a pistol/brace, that could set a very bad precedent.

You know how courts are, they ram charges down the defendants throat long before they have a chance to voice their side. Also, if he (the defendant) isnt familiar with firearms and firearm laws he may be accepting a charge that isn't just. Especially if the arresting leo thought a shockwave brace was a stock as woukd the judge. Their extremely limited firearm knowledge (in general) is quite scary seeings how they are in positions of power.

True, without a picture and/or a true description of the firearm in question, everything we post here is all speculation.

My thoughts on this subject are as follows:

If the defendant bought a complete pistol w/brace at a LGS, someone would have gone to the store to confirm the guns legality (either the defendant or his attorney asking why they sold him said gun or the anti gun Multnomah County DA trying to bring down a gun store for selling SBR's illegally.) and the LGS would have set them straight on the law, resulting in the SBR charge being dropped. I would think that the same/similar situation above would play out if he got it from a friend or relative and possibly after SB941.

or

If the defendant put together a pistol w/brace himself, he had to know enough of the law to buy a brace instead of a regular stock.

Now if he bought it from some stranger before SB 941, then I could see how the lack of knowledge is very plausible.

Just my 2 cents.

Ray

True, without a picture and/or a true description of the firearm in question, everything we post here is all speculation.

If the defendant bought a complete pistol w/brace at a LGS, someone would have gone to the store to confirm the guns legality (either the defendant or his attorney asking why they sold him said gun or the anti gun Multnomah County DA trying to bring down a gun store for selling SBR's illegally.) and the LGS would have set them straight on the law, resulting in the SBR charge being dropped. I would think that the same/similar situation above would play out if he got it from a friend or relative and possibly after SB941.

or

If the defendant put together a pistol w/brace himself, he had to know enough of the law to buy a brace instead of a regular stock.

Now if he bought it from some stranger before SB 941, then I could see how the lack of knowledge is very plausible.

Just my 2 cents.

Ray

If the article is correct, he met the police at his home drunk and holding a weapon.

Hanlon's razor applies. "Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice"

I would bet a tidy sum that he did not know what an SBR is.

or

Just my 2 cents.

Ray
You have a valid point. Most guys buying the brace would know exactly what it was and defend their legal ownership tooth and nail. I know I would.

x2.

Multnomah County has a history of being Anti-Second Amendment, and they will do whatever they can get away with, in the absence of a good defense attorney.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top