JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As I recall, the sign on the door at NWArmory, which I had plenty of time to read while waiting in their Black Friday line, states that you are welcome to bring in a loaded carry weapon as long as it stays holstered. If you need to bring it out for any reason, it needs to come in the store unloaded.

I'm guessing a holster store assumes that almost everyone who comes in will eventually want to pull out their handgun to size a holster so is just taking the added precaution. The OP is right to be upset if they don't state their policies on the door and the get belligerent when asking for it to be unloaded.

I must be missing something here. All she did was ask you to take your gun outside to unload it if you wanted to fit a holster,right?
You should unload your gun to fit a holster or do anything with it other than shoot it or lay it on the table.If you are fitting a holster,making a holster for a gun,cleaning it etc,you should hav the gun unloaded.
I would guess he just wants to make sure if your gun is out it would be unloaded,or you are trying to rob the place or stupid

You missed the part where he called the owner to double check he heard right and the owner said "if you come into my store with a loaded gun I will kick you out"

It is perfectly fine for the store to say "if you dont mind, we prefer that you try on the holsters after unloading your firearm outside, for liability reasons of course"

If the owner is enough of a butthead to not expect people to walk into a gun accessory store without a concealed handgun on them, then they are in the wrong business.

When I went to Ted Holsters, I offered to go outside and disarm so I can try on some of their stuff. The person there said, "no need, we expect people to come in with firearms" They have been in business since 1972 so they must not have a lot of people shooting up their shop.

OK I see.But I read something about a russian and they don't much have a polite mode.(whole region for that matter,at least the ones I have met)
But if I am in a store with folks trying holsters with loaded guns,I'll question it and leave if they don't seem to care.
So Ted hasn't had folks shoot up his store,I have read WAY too many stories from folks on here saying they have seen NDs in stores.
I don't want to be on the receiving end.

Guys, i had no intention to have my firearm to be looked at.
Never had any intention to unhoslter, never even hinted it.
Never had any intention to do anything but to get for information.

The shop DOES NOT WANT ANY KIND OF LOADED FIREARMS BROUGHT-IN IN ANY FASHION. Get it?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top