Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Barrett M98B (.338 Lapua)

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by JumpWing, Oct 1, 2009.

1. JumpWing

JumpWing NK WA Member

I've had the pleasure of "plinking" around with the M99 .50cal but this seems to be a better fit for me. Except for the price tag, of course. I think the bluebook value on my car would cover almost half of it.

Linky: http://www.98bravo.com/photos.php

2. drand

drand Stayton Member

I would love to have one, I really want a .338 Lapua, both this and the Sako TRG-42 are rifles that I am constantly looking at on the web.

3. ArmedAmish

ArmedAmish Sherwood, OR Member

Even if you could afford to buy it, could you afford to feed it? The 338 ammo is crazy expensive!

4. JumpWing

JumpWing NK WA Member

True. The match grade stuff is almost as much as .50 BMG.

But in this fantasy world where I own an M98B, I also have a team of elves in my basement who load ammo for me.

And a flying horse.

5. smithmax

smithmax here Member

At least it isn't as expensive to feed as the new Cheytac.

I can only imagine buying a gun like this if money were no issue, then I wouldn't mind spending a few thousand a year on ammo...and my own 2,000 yard range (with crops to entice elk).

6. rayd8

rayd8 Formerly Portland, now Alabama! Member

Actually, once you put the Schmidt & Bender on it, buy some ammo, all of your bluebook value would be gone.....nice rifle though and I think it's less than a PGW Timberwolf.

7. SonicBlue03

SonicBlue03 Snohomish Well-Known Member

I've been looking at this one as I have a caliber crisis, but from forum cruising (others, not this one) I've seen a LOT of positives on the Sako over the Barrett. The Barrett wins points for bringing the sexy back, though.

8. Buddhalux

Buddhalux Hillsboro, Oregon Active Member

This was my choice a few months ago in the "Under $2000" weapon thread.