JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello my fellow Americans.. I recently purchased two rifles, both .22LR, both with unthreaded barrels. I am currently in process with the ATF to get a .22 suppressor and would LOVE to get my 2 new rifles threaded IF FEESABLE!

I am looking for suggestions to any gun Smith who has done good work for you in the Portland metro area (I am located in Forest grove) to thread these barrels to 1/2x28. Thank you in advance :)

Yes I have checked locally, I have only found 1 shop that will do it but I would like to see other options as well. Thanks for any suggestions boys!

Love you all.

I have PM'd him, awaiting a reply. He is local enough to where if he is avalible I would like to have him give me a quote. Loving the feed back guys THANK YOU! keep it coming, y'all dont dissapoint.

Tornado Technologies in Hillsboro is a company that's primarily a suppressor threading machine shop.
I've used them before when waiting for a can to get out of jail and they do excellent work.
You do need to correspond with them before hand, as they don't like unexpected drop ins, as it slows down production.

Tornado Technologies in Hillsboro is a company that primarily a suppressor threading machine shop.
I've used them before when waiting for a can to get out of jail and they do excellent work.
You do need to correspond with them before hand, as they don't like unexpected drop ins, as it slows down production.
This sounds like what I'm looking for. Excellent. Thank you @jbett98 I will contact them as well.

The owner is from Australia, and came to the USA specifically to be able to work on and own guns.
There has been a lot of discussion about the wait times for his quality precision work and one member stated that he should raise his prices so it would drive away the budget minded guys, as that alone would reduce his work load, but still pay him the same amount over time.
But since you're waiting for a tax stamp, you should get in line right now and you'll be all set when the ATF finally lets your can out of detention.
I use Velzey now since I live closer to him and have a longtime relationship with him over the past few years, but I highly recommend Tornado Technologies workmanship as top notch. The owner is a machinist, just like Velzey and you want a machinist for this type of work.

I just had @Velzey shorten and threaded a barrel for me just this past week. I could not be happier with everything he does. Great price, fast turnover, and exceptional work. I will go no where else ever again.

I just had @Velzey shorten and threaded a barrel for me just this past week. I could not be happier with everything he does. Great price, fast turnover, and exceptional work. I will go no where else ever again.
Thank you for the review. He reached out to me and after all you guys have said i am definitely taking my 2 new rifles to him. Thanks again

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top