JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is it legal to set my 1000 lumen strobe focused on the dog owner's bedroom window (we share borders in our back yards) until they do something about it barking continuously? I did it the other night (strobe) but I'm willing to set it and forget it tonight. This has been a problem dog for a while now. Pit bull that has broken into my yard three times, second time broke my thumb trying to contain. Unfortunately the third time I was stopped by my wife (had my 44 to its head) because my kids were watching. Marion County will only "take" a report, so after many "reports" here we are,still a problem. The neighbors answer to the escaping dog was to chain it up ☹️

could also call salem PD non emergency line as they are in the city limits to file complaint.

id call them both.

if the dog attacks you next time it gets into your yard, you may have to defend yourself.

Some people and their dogs...:confused:

People show their true "colors" when they place more value in the perceived-freedom of their dog, than the LAW, the privacy, health, and property of the neighbors..and the general public.

That type of "neighbor" is NOT a friend, so loosing a friend should not be a concern.....

No matter where people live, no matter how many leash laws are posted, there will always be dog owners that expect others to put up with their dog(s).

Yes, in real practice it's a joke. Actual enforcement stands very little chance. We called, both our next door neighbors have called, they keep him inside during the day when they are at work (only time dog control investigates) and put him out in the afternoon and all night-I actually feel sorry for the dog. I've tried to contact the neighbor in person but, unfortunately there is a "language" barrier. There wasn't a language "barrier" when he asked me to split the cost of the fence his dog broke though.

Unfortunately we moral individuals have a responsibilities to call upon the neighbors who choose to be arse holes. Be polite. Be kind. Do not raise your voice. If you follow all the above and he slams shut the door in your face, just stop the problem. Stop the problem. Stop the problem. End the problem. End the problem. Permanently end the problem. I would have no problem with this course of action .... if I had exhausted all other course of actions. You must decide.

Very sad. Very permanent.

Maybe he is on this forum?!? After posting this the dog stfu, LOL. Or maybe it was me "politely" saying it. Goodnight all, time to try for some sleep, got to work early.

Unfortunately we moral individuals have a responsibilities to call upon the neighbors who choose to be arse holes. Be polite. Be kind. Do not raise your voice. If you follow all the above and he slams shut the door in your face, just stop the problem. Stop the problem. Stop the problem. End the problem. End the problem. Permanently end the problem. I would have no problem with this course of action .... if I had exhausted all other course of actions. You must decide.

Very sad. Very permanent.

Bigly.

Sadly many should not be allowed to own a dog. Since the fence is now fixed if it happens again all you can really do is keep filing complaints. I suspect what happened is they finally went after the owner. We have had this problem here a few times. Often it took literally years of complaints to get the animal control to do something. It is the owner that's a moron. Sadly dogs often pay the price for the owner being a moron.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top