JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm really glad a lot of you bubblegums don't live next to me.

Let see me see if understand this correctly.

1. If someone's dog is proving to be a noise problem at inappropriate hours (nuisance) it is the neighbor's, not the owner's, problem.
  2. If the neighbor complains, he's wrong.
  3. The dog runs both houses and the neighborhood.
Your dog can be a neighborhood pest and it should be considered acceptable. It seems as if living next to you could prove problematic.

I didn't say any of that. I said talk to the neighbor and if they refused to help, relocate the dog. Diplomacy first, remove the nuisance second.
You said "legal remedies" followed by "chemical remedies" which I interpret as sue them and kill their dog.
Who's the bubblegumty neighbor?

The neighbor is clearly not in control of their animal. Why should the rest of the neighborhood be forced to suffer due to their lack of due diligence? I don't believe in being either intolerant nor inhumane. There are, however, social limits for animals and those that care for them.

Those that can't control their animals, especially in an urban setting, have no business possessing same. Contrary to popular sentiment, animals are not people and don't have the same rights. People are responsible for their animals and require accountability.

A rural setting is an entirely different matter. A threat to either property or livestock can be dealt with immediately.

Maybe you should try what I did lol my neighbor had a dog that was barking all the time I suggested a shock collar she got one and it helps if she remembers to put in on oh yeah and my neighbor is a single woman and I'm single too mmmmmm been spending a lot of time at my neighbors house lately what can I say the dogs not barking any more LOL try it your neighbor might just be trying to get your attention mmmmmm mmmmmm

Is it legal to set my 1000 lumen strobe focused on the dog owner's bedroom window (we share borders in our back yards) until they do something about it barking continuously? I did it the other night (strobe) but I'm willing to set it and forget it tonight. This has been a problem dog for a while now. Pit bull that has broken into my yard three times, second time broke my thumb trying to contain. Unfortunately the third time I was stopped by my wife (had my 44 to its head) because my kids were watching. Marion County will only "take" a report, so after many "reports" here we are,still a problem. The neighbors answer to the escaping dog was to chain it up ☹️
Tell your neighbor you'll go half on a no bark shock collar.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top