JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That was gentle compared to my ban from NASIOC... told the mods to go Meat Spin themselves.... You spin me round right round like a record... lol. please don't google that. you will thank me, if you do... I warned you.

yeah that was great...

I can't imagine how pussified they must be on that site, good grief man. They need a life.

I caught a 48 hour ban once on a California based board I frequent. To this day I have no earthly idea what I did wrong. I mean, heck, I'd stop doing whatever it was I was doing that was offensive and I'd even apologize profusely for doing it...if I only knew what it was. :rolleyes:

Ah well...live and live.

I gotta say, I have a pretty thick skin, so unless you insult my mom, we're good. Oh, and my wife. And daughter. And son, come to think about it. And probably my weight, and choice of rifle cartridge. And college (go Ducks!). And don't talk about the pharmaceutical industry, that pi$$es me off. Other than that, we're probably okay.

P

Do you remember Misguided? I called out the liberal gun owners who said common sense gun laws are good. They suspended me for months & I only went back for the classifieds.
Fumb Ducks....;)

The reason being....
Some folks thought that I was lying about owning these guns....:eek:
Andy
Okay Andy, you can't fool us. We know from that authority on the topic Michael Belisle (or is it Belial..as in son-of) in his book Arming America that those guns never really existed. Obviously a photo-shop job! No one would EVER stop drinking or smoking dope long enough to accumulate a collection like that even if they actually existed which we know they didn't from the aforementioned authority on the subject. I mean he wrote a BOOK fer cryin' out loud! Can't get much more expert than that!

OK, gotta quit this. I feel my brain shrinking trying the think like that. Sounds like a good forum to be away from. People who can't believe you own that collection are really saying THEY could never own that collection because they lack the interest or discipline to actually do it. Good on ya for preserving them and sharing the love with others!

Okay Andy, you can't fool us. We know from that authority on the topic Michael Belisle (or is it Belial..as in son-of) in his book Arming America that those guns never really existed.

First I get your sarcasm here...and like it....:D

I remember when that book came out ...huge debates over the "facts" and "Findings" the Bellesiles found , came up with . pulled out of his azz , made up , twisted and distorted.

I also remember Bellesiles being charged with Scholarly Misconduct and Emory University investigating his "research"....as in research notes that were requested, but oddly enough were "lost" in a flood or so claimed our hero Bellesiles.
( the book has been discredited and Bellesiles is now working as a bartender )

I wouldn't use that book Arming America as toilet paper if that was all I had and I was suffering from explosive diarrhea.....:eek:
Andy

Any former ifishers remember member "Harry Balzack" :s0140: :s0140: ? Still cracks me up! They let him stay for several months I think? That's back when the queen was full-on boss too. Gawd, I wish I knew which disgruntled member that was.

I've been on ifish since the beginning. I don't post much any more. There have been very good members/posters that have been forced out, either by posting things that offended the bosses puritanical views of the world, that argued the infractions and put downs messaged to them, or just gave up because they were treated like children. As a grown man I don't expect to be treated like a child, there fore I do my best not to act like a child. ifish has had the problem with treating members like children and therefore they tend to behave like children. It's gotten so bad over there that you sometimes have two/three days on one page. A poster should know when they're pushing the envelope, yet they keep pushing. Pharmy has been pushing for a long time. Pharmseller, I notice you are a different person here? Maybe it's because you can't get the reaction that you could at ifish?

I love this site, I was led here by Beefcake at ifish. It showed me how courteous the fire arms community is. Between that and letting the "Adults" settle some things on their own, with a little lighter hand from the owner and mods, things work themselves out very nicely most of the time. Granted, i don't know the full deal with what goes on behind the scenes.

This cartoon sums ifish up nicely...
374584-7fb09a02a2933f78189f1db10da9d299.png That, and fisherman can be real bubblegums! I know because I am one, fisherman that is (try not to be a bubblegum). I've dealt with the attitude a bunch over the years. If firearms owners handles their guns like a lot of these fisherman do....That's guides, and newbies to boating that that go out and spend $60,000 on their first huge boat....Guns would be regulated like England!

Have I ever embellished stuff? Rarely. Have I outright lied posting stuff on the many forums? No. Moral responsibility. Also I do try to only discuss topics and subjects of which I have specific life time knowledge and experience about. Quite a difference than from a few.
I'm sure some here think I've embellished a lot. The truth is, I've had an interesting life in the sense that they mean it in that old Chinese proverb. All my life I've been a cliff-jumper-offer, willing to take a chance on an investment, a career opportunity, or a woman. That's led to a stint in the military at just the wrong time, relationship hell and heaven, owning a business, and making some very lucky investments. Sometimes you go down in flames and sometimes you come up the hero. Either way, if you learn something from it you're wiser. The trick is to survive your mistakes. :)

Trying to think back about being banned from a Web site :eek: I am pretty sure I was banned from a dating Web site after dating a few of the girls and commenting they looked nothing like their pictures. That is for some reason I couldn't log on again so I guess I got booted.o_O

On the gun boards it seems to me over time they get click ish but I think it's more that over time they view other long time members as family because they spend so much time on the board. A simple discussion can turn ugly real quick when family members don't agree. I have never been booted from a gun board but have left ones where some of the guys are so self righteous they ruin all conversation.

I was a paying member on an eastern gun board and the discussion where they asked your opinions where just unbelievable. There were guys that if you didn't agree with their opinions on shooting then you were a maggot that didn't deserve to be on that board. After I left they kept sending me emails asking for more money:D

A poster should know when they're pushing the envelope, yet they keep pushing. Pharmy has been pushing for a long time. Pharmseller, I notice you are a different person here? Maybe it's because you can't get the reaction that you could at ifish?

Same guy here. Same guy everywhere, actually. I don't throw rocks but sometimes I throw rocks back, or seem to, based on the original thrower's perspective. And when the original thrower is the guy with the power, that turns into every time.

I have found that some people interpret an opposing viewpoint as a personal attack, no matter how politely that viewpoint is presented. And since I enjoy a spirited exchange of ideas, I didn't know that my opinions were being received as attacks. Or "pushing," as you stated. If standing up for my beliefs and opinions is "pushing," then I'm guilty as charged, and proudly so.

When people disagree with me I don't feel insulted so I didn't expect others to feel that way, either. Like I said, I'm not a rocket surgeon.

P

OK, I'll start.

"The 7mm-08 makes a great "girlfriend gun."
"Makes a great Reindeer gun as well."

There you go Pharmy.

:)

Backstory:
Pharmy is the most highly decorated 7mm-08 fanboy in the United States.
Extolling the virtues of 7-08 is a favorite pastime.
And don't throw shade at Tikka rifles or ribeye steaks as the king of all beef.

P
I do like ribeye, but everyone knows Tikkas suk.
Esp. 7-08 Tikkas.
There is a new Tikka rimfire that I'm sure you will be blabbering about.

If a forum is actually a 'community' (as often stated) then if an impending ban on a member is considered maybe the reason(s) for it should be presented to a 'committee' of X amount of randomly chosen members to be voted on. Democracy in action!

OK, I'll start.

"The 7mm-08 makes a great "girlfriend gun."
"Makes a great Reindeer gun as well."

There you go Pharmy.

Backstory:
Pharmy is the most highly decorated 7mm-08 fanboy in the United States.
Extolling the virtues of 7-08 is a favorite pastime.

I do like ribeye, but everyone knows Tikkas suk.
Esp. 7-08 Tikkas.
There is a new Tikka rimfire that I'm sure you will be blabbering about.

It's a pretty good elk cartridge too, but only in the Tikka platform.

IMG_0696.JPG
IMG_2065.JPG
E7EE359D-7074-4E67-814A-B60AC3A94CB1.JPG
IMG_0212.PNG

I already preordered a T1x in .17HMR.

And knockdown power is still a myth.

P

If a forum is actually a 'community' (as often stated) then if an impending ban on a member is considered maybe the reason(s) for it should be presented to a 'committee' of X amount of randomly chosen members to be voted on. Democracy in action!

In my opinion it's the owners board and he makes the decisions as to what is bad enough for a ban. He delegates to his crew the power to pick and choose who stays and who goes. In the long run the owner is paying the bills so it's his house and somebody has to make a final decision. I have seen it where the help takes an aggressve approach to anything they don't personally like. The board becomes about the staff members views on everything.

Boards are about sharing opinions, you come here to talk about the topics posted up. Civil conversation is the goal but attitudes get in the way.

I was a paying member on an eastern gun board and the discussion where they asked your opinions where just unbelievable. There were guys that if you didn't agree with their opinions on shooting then you were a maggot that didn't deserve to be on that board. After I left they kept sending me emails asking for more money:D

Back in 2000 I became a partner in a consulting business with the majority partner was a Maryland contractor, and myself on the west coast, and another in the Midwest. When we organized it and got together, I soon learned that a normal conversation between two people there is a full blown argument on the West Coast. At some point in a discussion there, one side is going to tell the other that is the most stupid mfing thing I have heard and stop being such a rat bastard about it.

You also really have to watch their azz, ethics in business is even worse on the East Coast.

Back in 2000 I became a partner in a consulting business with the majority partner was a Maryland contractor, and myself on the west coast, and another in the Midwest. When we organized it and got together, I soon learned that a normal conversation between two people there is a full blown argument on the West Coast. At some point in a discussion there, one side is going to tell the other that is the most stupid mfing thing I have heard and stop being such a rat bastard about it.

You also really have to watch their azz, ethics in business is even worse on the East Coast.

I am on some other boards and in general I find the majority of people good natured. Yes there are guys with a pugnacious attitude that try to troll up a fight and I see that in the east more than the west. Heck I don't know it all but have run into lots of guys who must and the east coast boards are full gents who ride rough shod over the decent posters. I would never offer an opinion to those on the east coast, they will tell you what your opinion is.:D:D:)

That was gentle compared to my ban from NASIOC... told the mods to go Meat Spin themselves.... You spin me round right round like a record... lol. please don't google that. you will thank me, if you do... I warned you.

yeah that was great...

I can't imagine how pussified they must be on that site, good grief man. They need a life.

Thanks for that....o_O

I would never offer an opinion to those on the east coast, they will tell you what your opinion is.:D:D:)
Us on the east coast have had people from CA moving over here. We don't like that. As a result we're pretty irritable in general. Do a better job of blocking CA and our attitude in general may improve. ;)

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top