JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You should come up with a new nom de plume over there, and extol the virtues of the mighty 7-30 Waters and see how long it takes for them to add it up. :D

Oh wait - that would get you banned. :eek:

Some folks just don't get your sense of humor. I do, but then again I was put in time-out once by Mr. Expat for exposing it to the women and children.

Maybe they just think too hard about it, and it gives their thin skin a major rash.

Don't sweat it.

I got banned lots of times from quite a few boards, and temporarily banned from plenty. Last time on here temp banned me for mouthing off.
Perhaps I have matured (or spoiled) a little as I haven't been banned or even temp banned for a couple of years now.

I recall how depressed I got after my first permanent banning from AZ Shooting
they had a contractor board and I let some felon painter screw me good-- then I got all mad and started posting so others wouldn't use him & get screwed too. He must have been friends with somebody in mgmt at that forum, cause they shut me up good

I'm pharmseller on other boards, it's not a common name and I can remember it.

Anyone ever get banned on another board? I just got the heave-ho over on ifish. I'm not smart enough to recognize when I'm on someone's bad side, and this someone had the power to boot me off. I guess I couldn't keep my 2nd Amendment-personal accountability-law abiding-tax paying-welfare hating (when it's abused, if you need a hand up by golly I'm there for you)-small government mouth shut.

View attachment 424824

The worst part is, I don't even have a good story to tell! There was no knock-down drag-out Boy Named Sue bar fight, there were two Tiger Woods posts and three pretty innocuous statements. That's just plain embarrassing.

So let's hear some stories, they have to be better than mine.

P
LOL, don't feel bad Pharm.
I've wondered for ages how long you'd last over there. You did well actually.
I'm still there, but I don't often participate unless one of the loonies needs to be slapped down.
Their recent thread about the Bundys was one of those.

You should have been around I-Fish when Crabbait and STGrule were still mods. I was getting an infraction a month, and had a few "timeouts" as Jenny liked to call them. Most people don't know it, but STG still has mod powers and still uses them, discreetly.

There was this idiot over there by the name of Brion Lutz,... He and freespool would go off on enviro-rants that everyone but the liberal mods hated. And then the fights would ensue.
Crabby and STG ALWAYS came down on their side.
I had more factual content edited out of posts than I care to remember, and if the conservative side was winning an argument, one of the mods would close the thread, or it would just vanish into the ether. Like clockwork.
If it got too contentious but the libs were winning, they'd leave it up, but closed.
If it got contentious and the conservatives were winning, it disappeared.
Simple as that.

Then one day one of their pet posters got busted for molesting a kid at a youth fishing day that a few of the I-Fish mods had helped organize. It came to light that he had been doing similar stuff for ages.
The mod crew changed a lot not long after that.
I'm pretty sure that's why to this day, they have a policy of never allowing mention of a banned former member's name.

And the number of people that left I-Fish after changing their outlook from liberal or middle, to conservative, would astound you. I've heard from a couple of them, and they can't believe they ever participated.
I-Fish can be a decent place, with a variety of ideas, but once you get on the bad side of the in-house Gestapo, getting booted is easy.

Don't fret over it, you'll do fine over here, and your opinions will be of much higher value.

Well, except the one about pink panties and big game cartridges. ;)

ETA: You probably don't realize this, but you once sent me an I-Fish PM, and offered to buy the beer, should we ever meet in person.

NWFA RARELY bans a member. Especially for having a differing opinion. The only time I've seen it (besides spammers) is when someone repeatedly made personal attacks on other members even after receiving many warnings to stop.

LOL, don't feel bad Pharm.
I've wondered for ages how long you'd last over there. You did well actually.
I'm still there, but I don't often participate unless one of the loonies needs to be slapped down.
Their recent thread about the Bundys was one of those.

You should have been around I-Fish when Crabbait and STGrule were still mods. I was getting an infraction a month, and had a few "timeouts" as Jenny liked to call them. Most people don't know it, but STG still has mod powers and still uses them, discreetly.

There was this idiot over there by the name of Brion Lutz,... He and freespool would go off on enviro-rants that everyone but the liberal mods hated. And then the fights would ensue.
Crabby and STG ALWAYS came down on their side.
I had more factual content edited out of posts than I care to remember, and if the conservative side was winning an argument, one of the mods would close the thread, or it would just vanish into the ether. Like clockwork.
If it got too contentious but the libs were winning, they'd leave it up, but closed.
If it got contentious and the conservatives were winning, it disappeared.
Simple as that.

Then one day one of their pet posters got busted for molesting a kid at a youth fishing day that a few of the I-Fish mods had helped organize. It came to light that he had been doing similar stuff for ages.
The mod crew changed a lot not long after that.
I'm pretty sure that's why to this day, they have a policy of never allowing mention of a banned former member's name.

And the number of people that left I-Fish after changing their outlook from liberal or middle, to conservative, would astound you. I've heard from a couple of them, and they can't believe they ever participated.
I-Fish can be a decent place, with a variety of ideas, but once you get on the bad side of the in-house Gestapo, getting booted is easy.

Don't fret over it, you'll do fine over here, and your opinions will be of much higher value.

Well, except the one about pink panties and big game cartridges. ;)

ETA: You probably don't realize this, but you once sent me an I-Fish PM, and offered to buy the beer, should we ever meet in person.
Consider that IFish is owned and operated by VerticalScope out of Canada... they just bought Gun Hub (one of the oldest online firearms communities; its core group goes back to the Prodigy Shooting Sports BB in the '90s) within the past couple years, and there are times when I'm surprised they haven't tried to pull top-down crap on us. Then again, we're a well established "band of brothers," and if you step to one of us from the Old Days you step to us all, and they might be smart enough to know not to screw with that kind of cohesive community when it's acquired as a package-deal.

I have been booted off ifish and warned on bloodydecks. Mostly because of my pro 2a politics and partly because sarcasm doesn't always translate well on the ol interwebs. The warning came after I quipped on a debate on CC and I basically said the bulge in my pants may not mean I am glad to see you. Mod thought it was some kind of veiled threato_O. I can't remember why I was booted from ifish it was so long ago but I do remember thinking it was quite lame and trivial.

Consider that IFish is owned and operated by VerticalScope out of Canada... they just bought Gun Hub (one of the oldest online firearms communities; its core group goes back to the Prodigy Shooting Sports BB in the '90s) within the past couple years, and there are times when I'm surprised they haven't tried to pull top-down crap on us. Then again, we're a well established "band of brothers," and if you step to one of us from the Old Days you step to us all, and they might be smart enough to know not to screw with that kind of cohesive community when it's acquired as a package-deal.
It was worse when Jenny owned it. By far.
She was being led around by the nose by leftist hacks like Crabbait and STG and a few others.
What some don't know, is Crabbait left the country and became an ex-pat in Costa Rica because of GWB and the Patriot Act.
Crabby was a public sector union guy, and it still shows in almost every post he writes. So is STGRule.

Last Edited:
I got kicked off a yarn collectors' forum for trying to pull the wool over everyone's eyes. Guess they saw a pattern in it and it needled them. I did keep them in stitches for a while though.

Funny you should mention crabby...

He was a mod when I got slapped first. Ted Kennedy died and all the lefties were singing his praises, a Great American, Great Man, Best Thing Since Beer in a Can...

So I posted a single sentence.

"Mary Jo Kopechne would disagree."

He really didn't like that. And yes, if we meet the beer is on me.

P

For the record, I'm not referring to other NWFA'ers--you cheese me off here, unless I feel a need to monitor you for potential referral to Mods I Ignore List you without further discussion, simple as that.
Triggered much, that wasn't directed at anyone just info on this sites policy.

Triggered much, that wasn't directed at anyone just info on this sites policy.
Not triggered, just wanted that noted for the record since I noticed my signature chairshot disappeared from a post and a quote thereof. :) Not trying to call you or anyone else out, amigo... just referring to some of the people who made somewhere that was once practically "home" the toxic soup it's become. :(

Don't feel bad. I got a warning from Jenny over there and decided I didn't need any more of their crap. I left and have been happy here for a lot of years. I don't miss them at all. I see them every time I go through Maupin, down on the river, dressed in $5000 worth of gear and flailing the water to a froth with a $2000 fly rod without the slightest clue how to use one. When I was deer hunting on the ranch over there last year I noticed that the fad is now to mount a fly rod holder outside on the roof pillars of your vehicle so that everyone can see your $2000 investment and know that you are an "expert". They don't like it during deer season when I walk into the burger joint OCing my .357 S&W model 66, wearing a Lavoy Finnicum style Stetson, camo jacket, and bloody jeans, with a gutted buck outside in the back of my pickup. Makes them nauseous. Their only approved style is a golf shirt, cargo shorts, and flip-flops. That's the folks who populate iFish.

Don't feel bad. I got a warning from Jenny over there and decided I didn't need any more of their crap. I left and have been happy here for a lot of years. I don't miss them at all. I see them every time I go through Maupin, down on the river, dressed in $5000 worth of gear and flailing the water to a froth with a $2000 fly rod without the slightest clue how to use one. When I was deer hunting on the ranch over there last year I noticed that the fad is now to mount a fly rod holder outside on the roof pillars of your vehicle so that everyone can see your $2000 investment and know that you are an "expert". They don't like it during deer season when I walk into the burger joint OCing my .357 S&W model 66, wearing a Lavoy Finnicum style Stetson, camo jacket, and bloody jeans, with a gutted buck outside in the back of my pickup. Makes them nauseous. Their only approved style is a golf shirt, cargo shorts, and flip-flops. That's the folks who populate iFish.
Think they'd brownload their buttfloss if I showed up in my 5.11's OCing a brace of 1911s? LOL

duty_calls.png

I got booted off nexrdoor all because I said that I liked the new Walmart neighborhood market that came into our area. A bunch of Bush Derangement Syndrome anti-Walmart lefties got triggered and started generating false accusations about me to the "pod" manager. EFF them.

I'm glad there there too, makes shopping quick. The employees have all been nice as well.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top