JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have always been a big fan of having more than one safe. I wont say how many or where i keep them but i think its important to have 1 safe that is very visiable that has a few things in it and then another well hidden (maybe even off site) that has the shtf stuff. you should always have the ability to walk away from your residence and have a good plan B, C and D. I also think that having a few long term storage food supplies wherever you leave things is a good idea.

I feel real fortunate to live right on the edge of forest service land and wilderness. City or subdivision folks would have to be more creative. We can walk right into the wilderness, and It's that wilderness which stretches from the I-5/Rogue Valley all the way to the coast. It's so remote that there are plane wreckages in there which have never been found, and lost hikers and hunters who have never been found. I have already picked out my spot and made some trips in there and hidden some things.

You can make a longer mylar bag by cutting the bottom off one and ironing the two together, or even do it with three. Then you can slip that into a 10" PVC pipe with one PVC end glued on, put in a rifle and pistol and ammo and even small cooking utensils, a knife, etc. Add some long term food storage items, drop in some oxygen absorbers, seal the mylar and wait for it to "suck up" to be sure it's sealed, and then glue the other cap on the PVC. Now get it to your bug out place and bury it and cover the spot with brush and leaves.

There were a lot of small spaces in that bag, and if I had it to do over again, I'd pour that whole thing full of rice just before I sealed the mylar. I don't think that if I was hungry I'd care if the rice had touched a few items.

I took in two 5 gallon buckets with sealing rings. I put a cooking pot and some utensils right in the grains I put in the Mylar with the oxygen absorbers. In the other bucket with mylar I put a small survival tent and two quality sleeping bags. I can drive on an old logging road to within a mile of it. I painted two shovels camo and hid them in two different spots.

The next trip in, I'm taking another bucket with mylar, with quality rain gear and two down parkas, gloves, wool socks, etc.

A Mormon guy told me that they've been storing guns in "seal-a-meal" bags up at their cabins and burying them.I think putting the bags in PVC is the better way.

And Gunner,you better hope there aren't any hikers with Beagle walking around up there. Do you cover the goods with cedar or use "no scent" sprays?

A Mormon guy told me that they've been storing guns in "seal-a-meal" bags up at their cabins and burying them.I think putting the bags in PVC is the better way.

Seal a meal bags don't truly seal like mylar. Some air, and I don't know about moisture, will slowly penetrate.

And Gunner,you better hope there aren't any hikers with Beagle walking around up there. Do you cover the goods with cedar or use "no scent" sprays?

They are buried among cedar trees and covered with cedar boughs and leaves. It's hard to see and get to the spot, which also makes it a good place to hide. Nothing's perfect, but it's the best I can do.

As you know, when you light a fire, make it very small. There's some kind of an old Indian saying which goes something like "White man build big fire and has to stay back away from it. Indian build small fire and huddle up to it."

Always build the small fire under trees. The trees will disperse the smoke and make it very hard to see from a distance. The trees will also help you and the fire stay dry.

I have a safe deposit box with a bank back home. I use it to store couple of heirloom firearms that I cannot bring myself to risk shipping through the mail. Since I cannot take the time to drive them across country, and I do not trust them left at a family member's home, I keep them in the safe deposit box. There I know they are safe and they are insured.

Using an electronic unit such as a 'Foodsaver' is a lot different than a Zip-lock type bag, the later is not air tight or strong.

As for doing any (unnecessary) business with any of the banks, it is like patting your owners on the back.

Thomas Jefferson had this to say about the banks.

"A private bank issuing the public currency is a greater menace to the liberties of the people than a standing army... We must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt."

Notice he said RULERS. Not politicians. They are useless puppets for the banking interests.

Fractional reserve banking is debt slavery.

The enemy of your 'freedoms' are the banking Euro elite families (who profit greatly from war), not some brown person 2500 miles away in a cave. Most will never be aware of this fact. Why? Because the same banks control everything you see in print, on TV, or radio.

Using an electronic unit such as a 'Foodsaver' is a lot different than a Zip-lock type bag, the later is not air tight or strong.

As for doing any (unnecessary) business with any of the banks, it is like patting your owners on the back.

Thomas Jefferson had this to say about the banks.

"A private bank issuing the public currency is a greater menace to the liberties of the people than a standing army... We must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt."

Notice he said RULERS. Not politicians. They are useless puppets for the banking interests.

Fractional reserve banking is debt slavery.

The enemy of your 'freedoms' are the banking Euro elite families (who profit greatly from war), not some brown person 2500 miles away in a cave. Most will never be aware of this fact. Why? Because the same banks control everything you see in print, on TV, or radio.

Brother,loosen up that tin hat ...just a little.

Banking in Jefferson's time was not much like banking now. There's a certain maount of trust necessary for the functioning of an efficient economy and enlightened society. "Trust and the Wealth of Nations" is a good book to read for exposure to the concept. I find that most people who constantly talk bad about the "banksters" don't really seem to grasp fundamentals of finance or business processes.

This is not to say that I trust a bank without reservation. Banks are an institution made up of fallible and corruptible people. Just like governments. ****, you and your neighbour are fallible, corruptible people. Add in the power of the state's security apparatus, the tendency of most people to avoid conflict and respect heirarchal authority, and while banks are perfectly safe in normal times, it all goes out the window under extraordinary circumstances. Which there's a pretty good chance of that (still a minority proposition at this point, but still a siginifcant chance) in the enxt few years.

Brother, wake up.

Facts that cannot be disputed:

The Fed is PRIVATE. Owned by Euro Banking Families.

The Fed controls our nation's money supply which is unconstitutional.

Whatever entity controls our money supply controls our economy.

Very simple stuff, but apparently too complex for some to grasp. The 98% will never see past the fake political system and our Ponzi economy until it is too late. I get it. I was once naive also.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top