JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anyone have any experience with a ballistics software package that you'd care to share your thoughts on?

I've found several "online" web-based ballistics sites but what I am looking for is a stand alone package that doesn't require an internet connection to use.

A couple that I have looked at are the Sierra Infinity Suite and the Load From A Disk package. The Sierra package seems to have a lot of reviews saying that the interface is old and doesn't function very well. The Load From a Disk package seems to have restrictive powders that it works with...

Any others out there that any of you folks have used? :s0155:

Have experience with a couple of them...not too thrilled with what I've used so far. Most are a challenge with user interface (hope I said this right I'm not a computer guy)...they are often difficult to navigate and inputing.

The Sierra program is the bellweather of all the programs. I don't own this program but know several who do...they are very pleased with it other than the inputting challenges which seem to be typical for these programs. The Sierra is on my short list to get.

That's what I've heard regarding the Sierra...

But I've also read that it's not had an update in a LONG time and as such the user interface is real cumbersome to navigate. It's too bad they don't offer a demo version for folks to check out prior to spending an entire Benjamin on it. :eek:

That's what I've heard regarding the Sierra...

But I've also read that it's not had an update in a LONG time and as such the user interface is real cumbersome to navigate. It's too bad they don't offer a demo version for folks to check out prior to spending an entire Benjamin on it. :eek:

I've been using it for a few years. The user interface is not intuitve at all. The major grip I have with it is that you can not cut and paste the charts/tables at all. Also, the time-of-flight does not factor in the wind.

http://www.pejsa.com/

Has a good reputation but is getting old also.

ETA: More discussion on another board:

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/postlist/Board/67/page/1

Last Edited:
I love x bal from nightforce. If you put in the right information it will give you the right information back. The only thing with any of them is that the true ballistic coefficient of a bullet is really tough to figure. Dont hope for perfect results from them instead build your own range card and tape it to your stock for instant access. Shooting out to a grand takes a lot of practice and all a program will do is put you in the same sip code. After that its all on your on shoulders.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top