Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Bagdad Battery

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by MilitaryMan84, Aug 27, 2009.

1. MilitaryMan84

MilitaryMan84 Mcminnvile, Oregon Member

Does anyone know if there would be a way to increase the amount of power one of these could produce? Could be a useful if all other power sources fail.

2. DeLorean

DeLorean Washington/Oregon Member

I think it might be better to just stock up on lithium batteries. Attempts to recreate the original design didn't produce much power at all. Still a fascinating find though.

3. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

Go solar for charging small things like cellphones or rechargeable AA and AAA batteries. I rigged up an old car battery maintainer to recharge anything that can be charged off a USB port. Even here in the northwest the sun is not likely to fail unless you are talking asteroid impact, nuclear winter or supervolcano scenarios...:)

4. MilitaryMan84

MilitaryMan84 Mcminnvile, Oregon Member

hehe yeah i have just been thinking about random stuff like what would my options be fore powers sources once shtf and what not:p My dad has his pole barn roof covered with solar panels. he is making a killing on selling power back to the grid this year.:thumbup:

5. Randini

Randini Salem Member

One good source of power that was used in our space program and can be done with only a good understanding of the process for a down-scale app. would be hydrogen fuel cells. Check out a book "Fuel Cell Projects For The Evil Genius".