JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Made a few minutes into this. Pretty ego oriented training if you ask me. This is definitely ALPHA DOG training more than anything else. Kind of cringe really.
How far in did you watch? The intro is stupid - but the meat of the video is solid, showing average people thrust into entry-level reality based scenarios.

Finally just watched (some) of this tapout ad .

Fuzzy guitar intro , check, yoked gym rats who like guns , check, beards and black tshirts, check.

Looks like great real world training in action. Plenty of protective gear, but bare feet or socks( yes , I know wrestling mats are crazy expensive)

I heard "protesters " mentioned. So 1 on 1 or even 2 on 1 is maybe a little lighter odds than you'd be facing.
Well lit indoor setting. No curbs , barricades, parked cars, moving cars, burning cars, burning dumpsters, etc.

Bleeding knuckles. Excellent proof that you have trained hard and are indeed ready for anything.

Cue the slow clap.
As with anything - learn to crawl before you walk, and walk before you run. Those students were average dudes, not MMA legends, and training environments are never going to fully replicate the real world, because to train safely and consistently, there has to be a level of safety involved. You won't find curbs, burning cars and dumpsters in the class room - because you don't want to disable/kill your students.

Before you learn to fight a crowd - you have to fight one person, then two.

Look at the Kyle Rittenhouse incident - he wasn't attacked all at once by the angry mob that surrounded him - he was attacked by one or two guys at time. From that lens, this isn't far off the mark.

How far in did you watch? The intro is stupid - but the meat of the video is solid, showing average people thrust into entry-level reality based scenarios.

As with anything - learn to crawl before you walk, and walk before you run. Those students were average dudes, not MMA legends, and training environments are never going to fully replicate the real world, because to train safely and consistently, there has to be a level of safety involved. You won't find curbs, burning cars and dumpsters in the class room - because you don't want to disable/kill your students.

Before you learn to fight a crowd - you have to fight one person, then two.

Look at the Kyle Rittenhouse incident - he wasn't attacked all at once by the angry mob that surrounded him - he was attacked by one or two guys at time. From that lens, this isn't far off the mark.
This might not be a popular opinion, but that Kyle kid should have a powerball ticket named after him. He got lucky, in so many different ways.
As far as training in the " real world " , I think hand to hand in an active riot is the same as any other hand to hand situation.

I'll watch the video 1 more time after work if I remember, maybe I missed something. I just honestly don't take the MMA crowd seriously when you're talking life or death Vs. ProAm competition amongst athletes .

OK
I watched it again. I forgot that knife and handguns were present. I don't know what the going rate is for a "class " like this, but it's basically rental fees for wrestling mats and sparring partners. If you got the time and money, it's got some value
Rock on , gymrat ninjas!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top