JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Intake calories < burned calories daily. I am no personal trainer/nutritionist but it seems pretty simple to me.

I work out daily, don't eat junk food, have been 3 years sober off alcohol, and practice intermittent fasting.

I feel the best I have felt in a long time.

Right after COVID, I was up to 185#. I did a 4k row five nights a week, but work travel was getting me up in weight. I'm 5'8", so 185# is a bit high. I reduced my calories in and increased the rowing to an 8k. I lost 20# in a little over a month. I'm sitting fat and happy at 160#.

That's what found in my search. And wasn't what I was looking for. Seemed the trainers and nutrionists didn't want to leave the comfort of their homes to do face to face work.
That may be the case for some I am sure.

The lady I worked with found herself on unemployment just like I did when Covid hit and all of the gyms closed.

I can't speak for any other trainer but I know this gal well and she hustled to try and keep her client base not just to just make money but also to give them an option that did not require a gym or a drive.

She is honestly motivated to help people.

For some it works and for other I get why it wouldn't.

I do my entire workouts with the following:

Sand ball
Dumbbells
Adjustable bench (incline to decline)
Yoga ball
Bosu ball

I don't have the money a lifelong friend has where he converted his 3 car garage into a CrossFit gym as soon as the gyms closed but what I have works for me and thankfully I have had the blessing to have learned body mechanics and muscle theory in college and from 3 years working at a gym.

Man that was a long reply - sorry for the ramble lol.

That may be the case for some I am sure.

The lady I worked with found herself on unemployment just like I did when Covid hit and all of the gyms closed.

I can't speak for any other trainer but I know this gal well and she hustled to try and keep her client base not just to just make money but also to give them an option that did not require a gym or a drive.

She is honestly motivated to help people.

For some it works and for other I get why it wouldn't.

I do my entire workouts with the following:

Sand ball
Dumbbells
Adjustable bench (incline to decline)
Yoga ball
Bosu ball

I don't have the money a lifelong friend has where he converted his 3 car garage into a CrossFit gym as soon as the gyms closed but what I have works for me and thankfully I have had the blessing to have learned body mechanics and muscle theory in college and from 3 years working at a gym.

Man that was a long reply - sorry for the ramble lol.
Your lifelong friend sounds like a neighbor I have down the street. He moved not long ago but when covid "hit" he turned his 3 car garage into a gym that would outshine the majority of commercial gyms. Pretty impressive.

Like you I don't have those funds. So I'll stick with my squat rack, bench, landmine, and dumb bells. I can run for cardio or my wife bought a used Peleton that does a good job of kicking my a$$. Haha. Eventually I'd like to get my hands on a row machine but that's for later on down the road.

Your lifelong friend sounds like a neighbor I have down the street. He moved not long ago but when covid "hit" he turned his 3 car garage into a gym that would outshine the majority of commercial gyms. Pretty impressive.

Like you I don't have those funds. So I'll stick with my squat rack, bench, landmine, and dumb bells. I can run for cardio or my wife bought a used Peleton that does a good job of kicking my a$$. Haha. Eventually I'd like to get my hands on a row machine but that's for later on down the road.
You mentioning a row machine, I think they are Cybex (one of the major brands I see in a lot of gyms) are around $3k. Anyway the funny thing I always thought was that every single part on those machines minus the frame would maybe come up to $300-400 max so the frames must be valued at about $2600 lmao.

Yea, my buddy was on a ton of alerts and had accounts everywhere online. He said if it wasn't in his cart when the alert came thru in his phone and he instantly hit the buy button they would be sold out in just a couple minutes.

I have to admit I'm a little jealous of his setup and I'm not really the jealous type haha. He's still at his home though so not the same person but same type.

You mentioning a row machine, I think they are Cybex (one of the major brands I see in a lot of gyms) are around $3k. Anyway the funny thing I always thought was that every single part on those machines minus the frame would maybe come up to $300-400 max so the frames must be valued at about $2600 lmao.

Yea, my buddy was on a ton of alerts and had accounts everywhere online. He said if it wasn't in his cart when the alert came thru in his phone and he instantly hit the buy button they would be sold out in just a couple minutes.

I have to admit I'm a little jealous of his setup and I'm not really the jealous type haha. He's still at his home though so not the same person but same type.
I've got a water rower, it's the same one that's in the TV show House of Cards. It's great because it's quiet, but honestly, parts seem to wear out faster than they should and replacement parts are more expensive than they should be. I'll be replacing it with a Concept Rower, which is what rowers use for practice.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top