JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't they all end up scratched and dirty anyway?
It's an AR15 Not a Colt Saur .. relax a little bit.
I agree but I want to be the one to scratch it. Im more worried about the quality which reflects in the process of manufacturing and if they cant get the outside right then how can I trust the inside. I dont really mind what its going to look like after a yr of torture but I still expect it to funtion properly for many yrs. Plus this is only going to be set up for shooting way out there and many factors can change the performance its not a 3 gun AR where its going to be chucked in a garbage can lol.

The pictures dont really do my complaint justice I guess.

It really looks like an old barrel that was cleaned up improperly or unfinished. A new manufactured barrel should never need to be sanded unless removing flaws and in that case it would be a blem. It wouldnt take much to make this look new like a couple more steps of sanding with lighter sand paper then scotch bright then polish.

I guess im just expecting more than what I got. If it specified I'd be getting a unfinished product then I'd be happy.

Did you shoot it ?.
Chamber reamer ,Rifling cutter.
Completely different than a turning center leaving marks on the outside.
Probably got it from Rob and slapped their name on it :):):) Just kidding his will look worse.

I understand you wanted and paid for shiny, But I would have shot it for a group first.
Sheet happens when you are whipping out alot of product.

P.S. all our gun's are test fired and come with at least 1 scratch...................

The pictures dont really do my complaint justice I guess.

It really looks like an old barrel that was cleaned up improperly or unfinished. A new manufactured barrel should never need to be sanded unless removing flaws and in that case it would be a blem. It wouldnt take much to make this look new like a couple more steps of sanding with lighter sand paper then scotch bright then polish.

I guess im just expecting more than what I got. If it specified I'd be getting a unfinished product then I'd be happy.

Look on the bright side,
now when you drop it you don't hafta cringe :eek:

Look on the bright side,
now when you drop it you don't hafta cringe :eek:
So true ahhahahaha
BTW cave creek is one of my most favorite places in arizona... lotsa childhood memories. My older brother and I spent every extra min we had on Bartlet lake when he got his drivers license. This was back before they messed the lake up by putting a paved road to it. Got my first deer out there 500+yrd shot, lotsa quail and dove, rattlers, coyote, javelina (with the car lol), 42lb catfish. Good times

Did you shoot it ?.
Chamber reamer ,Rifling cutter.
Completely different than a turning center leaving marks on the outside.
Probably got it from Rob and slapped their name on it :):):) Just kidding his will look worse.

I understand you wanted and paid for shiny, But I would have shot it for a group first.
Sheet happens when you are whipping out alot of product.

P.S. all our gun's are test fired and come with at least 1 scratch...................
Just got it back today, the first one I got was a proper cut barrel it just had the deep gouges. I sent it back and they made a complete mess of it my 13 yr old daughter could work a finish better. So that one went back and they said they would get me out a new one and this one shows up all sanded and swirled im guessing way off the .925 mark (which I'll be checking). I called him last week to remind him I've waited 4 months he said it was on his desk ready to be shipped and I told him to double check it for gouges and to make sure it has a clean lathe finish. Ive worked with metal my whole life and the average person probably wouldnt pick up on something like this but it bugs the bubblegum out of me, I would never send a product out in this condition. Ohh and just a reminder that last one I sent back they said there going to clean (sand on it some more) it up and sell it as new. I was going to try getting it cheap since the proper thing they should do is chuck it up and cut it into a different configuration. But they wouldnt budge on the price since they believe they can just find another sucker to pawn it off on.

Ill definitely put some rounds through this before I clean it up or coat it. I still have some other parts to order before it gets put together. Im in no hurry I've already waited this long. I guess theres a back order on the trigger im getting also, will see how that goes I might be crying on here bout that part soon lol this is only the first order of this build.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top