JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Last Edited:
It is sad that in the last 10years LEO's are trained to shoot first (better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6) & see what they were reaching for!!!
It's really hard to trust any anymore... just sayin...

It is sad that in the last 10years LEO's are trained to shoot first (better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6) & see what they were reaching for!!!
It's really hard to trust any anymore... just sayin...

I'll have to call you out on that one. Please post any curriculum from any state that teaches that.

The problem lies with the quality of the recruit, not the training. When things go south, the person resorts to their own understanding, not their training. Most cases are from lack of training, or taking the training to heart.

Same goes for any person that pays the money to go some high dollar gun school. When they get home, the gun goes back in the safe and their butt ends back up on the couch. In essence, all that training time and money was all for naught. Many LE's these days are no different...sad, very sad.

The problem lies with the quality of the recruit, not the training.

I disagree. There are plenty of problems with police training. Lots of things I have heard from you that you too disagree with. As you have said " the higher ups make the rules" so you and other LEOs get to do what you do until the rules are changed. I think that's a cop out really. Knowing that you should not be doing something but do it anyways because you can. Yeah, that is a BIG problem with LE in my eyes. The recruits, the training, the internal investigations, the unaccountability, the politics, etc... Lots of problems in LE. You are One...the only one here that speaks out. I respect you for that. I do not agree with you on some things but out of the probably many LEOs that visit this site you at least have the guts to talk with us non-LEOs. Thanks.

Howard

Last Edited:
I called 911 twice, response time - 3 days and 4 days. Josphine county when they had a full sheriff's dept.
Suspect arrested, booked and released, took 15 minutes to walk down the street and steal my son's blazer which was totalled after a 10 min chase.

Police Hid Use of Cell Phone Tracker Because Manufacturer Asked Nicely

"It appears that at least one police department in Florida has failed to tell judges about its use of a cell phone tracking device because the department got the device on loan and promised the manufacturer to keep it all under wraps. But when police use invasive surveillance equipment to surreptitiously sweep up information about the locations and communications of large numbers of people, court oversight and public debate are essential. The devices, likely made by the Florida-based Harris Corporation, are called "stingrays," and unfortunately this is not the first time the government has tried to hide their use."

A few days ago I asked for a response from a "Good Copper" . . . Neither one of them answered.
Hello . . . Hello . . . HELLO . . . Is there anyone out there . . . Oh, I see, Unlisted number!!!!

Sheldon

Sheldon

A few days ago I asked for a response from a "Good Copper" . . . Neither one of them answered.
Hello . . . Hello . . . HELLO . . . Is there anyone out there . . . Oh, I see, Unlisted number!!!!

Sheldon

Sheldon

Hard to make the call, when the number is blocked! :s0114:

Last Edited:
Awesome: Indianapolis cops must allow citizens to film police activity after $200k settlement | The Daily Sheeple

Like the Russians, everything should have a dash cam in their car by now. At $80 for a Mobius, mount and cord there is no excuse not to have one.

I got one for $60 last year Amazon.com: Blueskysea 2013 New Firmware Dvr207gs Hd720p Ir Car Vehicle Dash Camera Cam DVR G-sensor M1113: Car Electronics

Add your own SD card and go. Great for the daytime, but the video sucks at night. Audio records also.

Nick,

I had one of those, no offense, but they suck bad. Low resolution, poor night video. The Mobius is a whole other level for the same price. Give that one away and get a Mobius. Plus the Mobius is discreet and can hide next to your rear view mirror. The 1080p video (HD) and sensitive audio is so much nicer.

Plus it plucks right out of its holder and makes a fantastic pocket video recorder to take anywhere. Battery lasts about an hour.

Programming is even easy - GUI interface off a Windows PC or Android phone -

Capture.jpg

Mobius Actioncam Full HD Sports Camera 1080p 30fps 720P 60FPS Pocket Camcorder | eBay

There is a wide angle version that really isn't necessary for a front, forward facing camera. 1080p has a wider FOV than 720 anyway. The wider lense version would be good for a rear view/back window camera (I am considering adding one myself).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wide-Angle-...t=US_Surveillance_Gadgets&hash=item23365e1206

Capture.jpg

Last Edited:
Thanks, I will check out the Mobius. There are several BlueSkySea models that look the same. The $20-$30 ones are not wide angel and have less resolution. This one has worked out well since Christmas, but I need a second so I don't have to keep switching between vehicles.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top