JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Um, since I think that JayWalkers need to be put down ... being arrested is pretty mild.

I live near an entrance/exit to the MAX station and it is half a block from a corner, on a 45 mph road.
I can't count how many jaywalkers run out into the street wearing dark, non-reflective attire and are
almost killed. Causing me and many others to stop suddenly, swerve or otherwise put ourselves and others at risk.
Goto a corner, cross with a light.

I support that as i support tickets for vehicles that run red lights - downtown that is a daily occurrence vehicle sees a yellow light with plenty of time to stop but instead has this need to go through the intersection after it turns red. Nail both the jaywalker and the mad max drivers alike. Throw in the speeders while your at it.

You support someone getting handcuffed and taken in for jay walking? How about a ticket at best. Screwed up BS.

There are 40,000 new laws written yearly. Perhaps one will apply to you so it will be your turn to go for a ride.

You support someone getting handcuffed and taken in for jay walking? How about a ticket at best. Screwed up BS.

There are 40,000 new laws written yearly. Perhaps one will apply to you so it will be your turn to go for a ride.

I support fines for jay walking not hand cuffs - i actually try to abide the laws versus finding reasons not to if possible.

James Ruby

It is simply impossible in this nanny surveillance state of laws and regulations to be 100% law abiding. That is the point.

"The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals.

Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them.

One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws."

Ayn Rand

BTW, the Austin Police Chief defended his thugs by saying 'at least she wasn't rape or molested like in other cities.'

Apparently if cops drag you around on the concrete and unnecessarily arrest you for some minor infraction that is OK because cops in other cities are doing worse ....

Note to the deluded: We live in a Police State. The most advanced tyrannical surveillance grid ever developed and it is still in its infancy stage.

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/upda...-least-cops-didnt-sexually-assault-her_022014

"And the officers would have gotten away with their lie — had the whole bizarre drama not been caught by a security camera."

Cops hit my car, then arrested me: suit | New York Post

"At that point, things got even more surreal.
The two cops checked the block for surveillance cameras before arresting him for destruction of city property, according to the lawsuit filed by Jackson in Brooklyn Supreme Court.
"When they thought no cameras were on. I saw their gloves go on, and that's when I was arrested," Jackson said. "

Lakewood WA

<broken link removed>

"something's not right. The garage door is off its hinges, all the windows are broken and the back gate is lying on its side. For this Army veteran, it's like a flashback to his time at war.
"This is kind of like an assault I would do in Afghanistan or Iraq," said Neary.
But this wasn't in the Middle East. The damage was caused by the City of Lakewood's SWAT team. They were looking for Duane Samms. All Neary knew was that he was renting his property to a single woman. Later, she told him her husband was moving in. That man was Samms and he's wanted for felony domestic assault."

Up to this point I am ok with the story - wanted for assault = violence, use a SWAT team.

But

"That was cool to Neary because he had evicted the couple earlier in the month. He quickly agreed to meet the police to open the doors and let them search the home, but the SWAT team decided to move in two hours early."

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads