JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
"She said by the time she reached the front door, she heard two shots fired. She said she was immediately worried about her children playing outside. Then she realized one of her family's dogs had been shot by officers.

"I tried to gather the kids up to put them in the house because apparently you're not safe outside with officers where we should be because they're protecting and serve," Best said. "If you show up with a gun and you're irate, then you're not protecting me so I did not feel safe.
"

The officers were at the women's house for a reason. They had tracked a GPS signal - a device with a gps receiver in it, broadcast its location - and was at this womans house. That was a cell phone, which had been taken from the childrens school. Neither the woman nor her children took, nor had the phone. It was possesed by one of the childrens friends.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/25576839/anderson-family-upset-after-police-shoot-kill-pet-dog

Account by officers leading to the shooting and account by a witness are in the news article.
They do not agree. I hope the officer had a body cam and a dash cam to prove his account of the story.

I saw this yesterday from Wil Wheaton (regular guest star on Big Bang Theory, had some TV series back in the late 80s)
http://wilwheaton.tumblr.com/post/86343062684/laughterkey-heyveronica-i-just-got-the-bond

But didn't post it.

Today I see it picked up by 2 lawyers - Glenn Reynolds and Eugene Volokh -

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/189088/

Magistrate orders Witness to Recant - Or Not Get Bail

"I'm sure the Civil Rights Division will be right on this. But you know, as we see story after story like this, people are going to begin to doubt whether law enforcement is deserving of respect and support." -- Glenn

" Branson's account matches reported accounts by the Lipsens and Tom Cochran. He recounts how

Lipsen's sister Arielle started asking questions. Then, things got ugly.

"The same guy who cussed me out comes walking up. He's about my size in full tactical gear with an M16 strapped to his chest, with what looked like four extra clips. He comes walking up real aggressive and she starts to back off. He says, 'You need to shut up.'

"She says, 'What are you going to do, shoot me?'

"At that point the officer grabbed her by the neck. She flinched and said, 'get your hands off me.' The officer then said 'that's resisting.'

"He threw her to the ground.

"As she tried to get up, he grabbed her and threw her down again and her foot hit him. It wasn't a kick. It is what happens when you get your legs kicked out from underneath you and get thrown to the ground.

"The officer said, 'You just assaulted a police officer' and then started choking her (with the butt of the gun). I saw it. I was standing right in front of the Purple Zone."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-apologize-and-recant-as-a-condition-of-bail/

I hope the officer had a body camera to refute what these 3 witnesses are saying.​

OK COPPERS
If you don't speak out against bad coppers you obviously support their actions . . . PERIOD~!!!!
We need to see your comments (or should I say copments) HERE!
Sheldon

Joe
It seems that integrity is not highly valued among coppers . . .
You coppers that have never heard the word may want to consult a dictionary . . .

Sheldon

Joe
It seems that integrity is not highly valued among coppers . . .
You coppers that have never heard the word may want to consult a dictionary . . .

Sheldon

That was an opinion not a fact. I'm not now nor have I ever been in law enforcement.

There's good and bad in every profession though. I've met as many or more good Leo then bad.

OK COPPERS
Explain away what happened to the baby when ONE OF YOURS threw a concussion grenade into his crib and blew off his lips and nose . . . WELL . . .GIVE IT YOUR BEST SHOT!!!

Makes you proud doesn't it!!!!

Sheldon

The silence of you "GOOD COPPERS" speaks volumes . . . Are you just waiting for YOUR time in
the lime-light??????? HHHhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmm????????

Sheldon

Not sure if this is a 'bad cop' or 'bad department' but in either case it is "you are doing it wrong'

If you are at a sex party, do not play with your own gun.
Your pistol or rifle maybe ...

<broken link removed>

1. Aurora police say Sloan pulled his gun during the incident.

2. ... officers who responded... investigation for not ... investigation on [] .

3. "We should have investigated further. We made a poor decision," APD spokesperson Frank Fania said about the investigation.

This might have been shared before as it is a couple years old. To me it appears the majority were not cooperating or were resisting. Regardless, excessive use of force is grossly used. Is purposely hitting someone on the shins with a night stick standard training? How about beating the snot out of the unconscious guy who just flew out of his rolled van?

So much of this is coming to light thanks to technology but John Q. Public does not seem to care. Plus, it doesn't help that the media/news doesn't publicize these stories as much the useless garbage. I swear, if KPTV publishes one.. more.. cat story.

What's that saying...ah yes...better to be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and prove it?

Ya know, it appears the view is pretty good from cheap seats for some of you.

If you don't like what's going on, protest etc. at said dept.(s)? But no, I guess its easier to armchair than to get into the game.

First of all, Police Officers that do such things, ain't one of mine. So much as sex offenders are one of yours.

I helped clean out my dept., and I continue to do so with neighboring agencies that I work with.

Just as the Military is gone a bit light in basic training, so has the LE academy as well. Too much time spent of holding hands and singing cum-ba-ya, and not enough training that really means anything...which is why I don't teach there anymore.

Spend some time and research the problem, enlighten yourselves, get involved...I have...all the jaw jackin' on here isn't going to change a thing.

I know this will really cause a stir...but until folks settle down, and stop with the childlike taunting...the thread will be closed for awhile.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads