JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Last Edited:
Building a Tree Fort = Use of a Firearm ?

"A fifth-grader says he was terrified when a police officer pointed a gun at him and his friends while they built a tree fort."

Ok so an 11yr old might not be the most reliable, but why would this get made up?

Justification for the calling of the police:
"And the reason for his wife's call: "There were falling hazards, tripping hazards, all types of hazards, so No. 1 was concern for the children and concern for the environment," Dillard said. "

So we know the neighbor called the police. We know the police responded.
But the police will not comment - because they are doing an internal investigation.

Officer - did you have a body camera on? If so, that would exhonerate you, wouldn't it? If not - get them.

I do think the neighbors need to be relocated to some place without trees, like says Brooklyn. There are no hazards in Brooklyn.

Did I mention I am opposed to the death penalty, except in cases of Treason and Assassination?

Here is yet another example of why I have that view.

"Man convicted of murder though he was 2000 miles away, with video and photos to back him up, released after 24 years. The police witheld exculpatory evidence. How does his lawyer hope to make things right? "We're suing everybody, let's be honest"

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/08/justice/new-york-wrongful-conviction/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

More:
http://goo.gl/nPc49y

Cop shoots pet dog ... wait what, Cop shoots cop ?!

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014...d-after-accidentally-shooting-himself-in-leg/

And I am sorry it is not an accidental shooting. The shooting was purposeful. He missed his intended target, the pet.

And - since they are not taking the dog to animal control - what the cop just targeting it for fun?
It it was a threat to the officer, shouldn't the dog be controlled / locked up?

Maybe there is something else going on ...

Follow up:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/...s-after-cop-shoots-himself-trying-to-kill-it/

Last Edited:
http://reason.com/blog/2014/04/23/elderly-man-calls-911-gets-beat-up

"Elbert Breshears for an ambulance for his wife who suffers from dementia, but it was police who showed up first.

"The wife and I were standing about here, that's the window she knocked out. I was standing here holding her hand and she was wavering hollering help," Breshears said."

"Cops claimed the elderly man attacked them. He said Breshears would be charged with abuse of the elderly, resisting arrest, and assault on a police officer"

<broken link removed>

Cautionary tale of those of us with firearms. Just because you come upon a scene where someone is crying for help, do not assume you know who is on which side.

http://reason.com/blog/2014/04/23/elderly-man-calls-911-gets-beat-up

"Elbert Breshears for an ambulance for his wife who suffers from dementia, but it was police who showed up first.

"The wife and I were standing about here, that's the window she knocked out. I was standing here holding her hand and she was wavering hollering help," Breshears said."

"Cops claimed the elderly man attacked them. He said Breshears would be charged with abuse of the elderly, resisting arrest, and assault on a police officer"

<broken link removed>

Cautionary tale of those of us with firearms. Just because you come upon a scene where someone is crying for help, do not assume you know who is on which side.

This is not a case of abuse of police power. The man was holding the arm of a woman that was waving and hollering for help at the police. Police threw the guy down on the ground. Now he's complaining that the police are being abusive? How the frack were the police suppossed to know that his wife suffered from dimentia? Shouldn't she be in a home or at a hospital if she gets so bad that she runs out to the road away from her husband screaming for help?

This case falls under the Objective Reasonableness Standard (see Graham v. Connor).

Did the police throw this man on the ground because he was white?
No.

Did the police throw this man on the ground because he was elderly?
No.

So what leg are you trying to stand on to say that the police are abusing their power in this incident? Because an old man had to get stitches?

Also, a lot of the posts/articles you guys are posting are very bias with no comment from the departments, police report or even witness statements to the actual incidents. People can allege anything, you guys know that right? I can get pulled over for speeding, then claim harassment from the officer when I notice that he doesn't have a microphone on his uniform and try to get money from the department/city.

Inmates do that crap all the time and prior felons aren't any different.

Inmates do that crap all the time and prior felons aren't any different.

You are not calling all us Liberty loving freemen Inmates are you?

Because the point of the 2nd part of the 1st amendment is to prevent the government from keeping us from pointing out their failures.

You raise some interesting concerns which deserve a more considered response -

You are not calling all us Liberty loving freemen Inmates are you?

Because the point of the 2nd part of the 1st amendment is to prevent the government from keeping us from pointing out their failures.

You raise some interesting concerns which deserve a more considered response -

Calling you an inmate? No. Calling you ignorant enough to soak up every cop-bashing, bias source you can find to justify your hate against people in uniform? Yes.

Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR