JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting timing. I just bought this today. I wont know if it's decent or not until I receive it.

Screenshot 2022-09-12 at 15-52-59 AOL Mail (5).png Screenshot 2022-09-12 at 15-50-59 Eagle Industries All Purpose One Day Pack 500D Ranger Green ...png

I looked it up. Also was recently at Sportsmans Warehouse where MR packs are now sold. MR packs there all had "Made in Vietnam" tags, Eberlestock, looked it up and turns out yup, most of their stuff is now VN made, started 10 years ago. Blackhawk Industries /Blackhawk Products Group moved production from Chesapeake VA to Korea 20 years ago, then to Vietnam 10 or so years ago. Eagle Industries started having stuff made in Peru I think. By the by, in the 70s-1980s or so,( before the Berry Amendment I think?) It was possible to get USGI stuff that wasn't made in any of the 50 States, but was "made in the US" by way of either Puerto Rico or Guam.
It is my understanding MR military packs are still made in the USA to be Berry Compliant but the fire, outdoor and hunting packs are not.

It should be decent for what it is. When you get it, if it has tags on it,.let us know where it was made. Some Eagle stuff I've seen in surplus shops are starting to have not made in USA tags...
This from the spec's page.

Screenshot 2022-09-12 at 16-44-57 Eagle Industries All Purpose One Day Pack 500D Ranger Green ...png
I will still verify with the actual tags. Wouldn't be the first time a product was made elsewhere from what the spec's page said.:confused:

This from the spec's page.

View attachment 1275427
I will still verify with the actual tags. Wouldn't be the first time a product was made elsewhere from what the spec's page said.:confused:
Like I said, some not all. Eagle Industries' own page doesn't say. https://eagleindustries.com/all-purpose-pack/

On the other hand, their home page says "our gear is 100% made in America"... I'll have to look at what I saw again. Could be actually "Puerto Rico" and thus "American" :rolleyes: or I saw actual counterfeit/knockoffs

Any of the military style packs made by Kelty should last you a lifetime. Kelty is the BEST value in backpacks, bar-none. You can spend more, but you'd be hard pressed to get better quality, even at three times the price! I have looked at all the big names like Tactical Tailor, Arc Teryx, Mystery Ranch, Eberlesrock, etc. and I can guarantee that you don't need to spend $450-700 to get a good backpack!

This particular one doesn't have Molle, even though it's in the title, but it is an exceptional deal on an exceptional pack that seems to meet your criteria of being used as a daypack, but still large enough for a GHB. It bears the Eagle Industries name, but it is made by Kelty. There are other Kelty models out there that do have Molle if that's a deal-breaker, and you can regularly find lightly-used ones on eBay.

Another good Kelty is the MAP 3500. I believe it's been discontinued, but can be found on eBay as mentioned above. But, the "3500" is a model number, not the pack's capacity. It's somewhat smaller than the Invader linked above, and probably closer to 40L. Here's a link to some of the newer models which replaced the MAP 3500:

If Molle is a deal-breaker for you, check out the 5.11 Tactical RUSH series.

Last Edited:
Any of the military style packs made by Kelty should last you a lifetime. Kelty is the BEST value in backpacks, bar-none. You can spend more, but you'd be hard pressed to get better quality, even at three times the price!
Diy is both the best value and the worst return on investment at the same time :s0064: I mean sure, you can make your own to your own exact specifications and all that but that's all your own time and money that you're very unlikely to get back.

I've heard really good things about Mystery Ranch. Might be my next pack purchase.

I had the opportunity to work on a modified RATs pack from Mystery Ranch, and their Futura yoke system is actually pretty dang comfortable. I've also handled a good backpack from the previous company Dana Designs, it was a great pack design, very comfortable too, but it's age meant the polyurethane waterproofing was getting tacky and worn out. So it didn't make sense for me to acquire it at that time. Not at the price of $150 at Play It Again Sports.

Is there any cure for that? I've got a very nice Waller bag that was hardly used, but its got the tacky interior.
To my knowledge, short of completely removing it somehow, no cure. Edit. It's the bane of just about every nylon pack made after the 1980s... for some reason, the older 1960s 1970s packs' DWR treatments didn't go as bad as the later ones did, but they weren't really waterproof and you had to get dry bags/sacks for stuff you didn't want wet, or invest in rain covers for your packs other than using garbage bags

Thank you for the mention of Mystery Ranch. I am considering their District 18 backpack.

I do love and am looking for a more casual looking sleeper bag. I mean the "tacticool" features are nice yeah, but I prioritize incognito above the obvious operator look every time.
It would be nice if someone setup a bag specifically to fit both of these roles. I'd say just a solid color MR trizip would fit the bill if everyone didn't know what they look like at this point and what their role is.

I am a big fan of either Mystery Ranch or Triple Aught Design (TAD). I have packs from both companies and they have held up well. I have hunting packs, gun range packs and EDC packs.

I do love and am looking for a more casual looking sleeper bag. I mean the "tacticool" features are nice yeah, but I prioritize incognito above the obvious operator look every time.
It would be nice if someone setup a bag specifically to fit both of these roles. I'd say just a solid color MR trizip would fit the bill if everyone didn't know what they look like at this point and what their role is.
The Urban Assault 18/21/24 would work well. Tri-zip packs in solid colors. No molle, very understated. My one big complaint with them is that they do not "stand up" when you put the bag on the ground. The bottom is slanted, so the bag always tips over.

Backpacks or like anything else guns cars motorcycles the further you get into it the more niche everything becomes. What do you want to do with it? Day hike, through hike, backpack camp, tactical, do you want to be able to buck out 120 pounds of meat. Any of the newer military surplus packs are hard to beat for the money. Mystery ranch seems to have an offering to fit just about everybody I've had fantastic luck with their packs and my crew cab seems to do just about everything you ask of it. My buddies die hard Kafaru Packs He has a ton of them I've run them a few times and they are As light as a pack can be made and still be dragged behind the truck durable But they are expensive. Seek outside and hill people also makes some super high quality gear.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top