1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Backlash begins over WA wolf plan

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by Dave Workman, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Hunter backlash begins over wolf plan adoption

Unanimous adoption of a controversial wolf management plan by the Washington Fish & Wildlife Commission has ignited a firestorm in the hunting community, with concerns over the future viability of big game herds combining with a sense that the commission has turned its backs on sportsmen and women who pay the tab for wildlife management.

Hunter backlash begins over wolf plan adoption - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com
  2. 2506

2506 Seattle Well-Known Member

It would be nice if the people pushing the harm on us had to take an equal share of it. So then it only seems fair: introduce wolves to Downtown Seattle and Everett. See how fast they get "managed."—‘Helix’ on Hunting-Washington forum

My sentiments exactly.
    iusmc2002 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. rickoshay

rickoshay gaston or Member

4. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

1 year of boycotting hunting and fishing licenses would pretty much shut down the system.
    Then emails to the department stating they need to change.I mean otherwise they wouldn't get it.

In a few years our numbers will go down anyway, with out enough control of the wolves.
  5. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

I saw my first wolf the other day (hs tracks are sill in the snow up here) trailing a deer. I wondered why my local resident deer population had shrunk. (by about 1/2 from last year)

Anyway, I thinking you can still kill canines that are harassing deer in WA...No?