JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any trends or grapevine news that predicts longer waits for background checks and CPL renewals in WA due to the Guv's vax mandate?
I hear lots of Leo's will be forced out this weekend if not vaxed.
The vax mandate has been known about since August so many may have left already. This is true for medical and health care workers that have been bailing out since August.

The support (administrative) staff in the PDs and SOs run the checks. That said, I'm waiting more more'n a week for my latest to clear (in my county, I usually get the call within 5 business days).

WA (or OR) it's all a concentrated effort to try to steer you away from gun ownership. Yeah....wasn't that one of the main ideas of BGCs?

BTW......my son is also in line for BGS on the purchase of a rifle in OR. It's been over a week. Mind you that he already owns several firearms and NFA items.

Oh.....but the public must feel safe that he is being checked out AGAIN.

Aloha, Mark

It amazes me that the gov is making it more difficult for citizens to buy fire arms. But at the same time cut LEO and release people out of prison. If its not a conspiracy, it sure seems like one.

That 1639 malarkey is just egregious at best. I never get why they took away the CPL holders' provision that allows the BC done the same day for handguns, yet I could walk out the door after a records check with my Benelli semi auto M4 shotgun. Thanks to all the anti gun "soccer moms" who voted for this crap with the help of the billionaires who bought the courts...

Won't really affect me personally to much, because my FFL follows the law. Maximum time to wait should be 10 business days tops. If your shop doesn't follow the release after 10, I'd recommend finding a new shop.

FYI.....
My son just got home from his local gun shop here in Vancouver, WA. He had picked up his newly purchased handgun. I asked him how long it took for his BGC.

His response was three weeks. BUT.....I'll add that he has just recently gotten out of the Marine Corps. (stationed in AZ and he was a buyer of many firearms in AZ). So, maybe THAT had something to do with the wait?

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads