JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We'll never know. And like every other NICS "denial." we'll also never know if the person was eventually APPROVED because th info the FBI had was wrong or didn't apply to the person.
Because most of the "denials" are in fact, DELAYS, the VAST majority of which result in APPROVED sales.

It's a non-story unless we know why he was denied. If it was something innocuous like parking tickets, it might be interesting.

One clarification - I don't believe WAC has ever had a policy that you could t touch a firearm at their shows without membership? I've seen plenty of non members fondling firearms and I've done it many times myself, and I've never once been asked or challenged.

It's a non-story unless we know why he was denied. If it was something innocuous like parking tickets, it might be interesting.

One clarification - I don't believe WAC has ever had a policy that you could t touch a firearm at their shows without membership? I've seen plenty of non members fondling firearms and I've done it many times myself, and I've never once been asked or challenged.
I could be mistaken - I thought they added that after they had several accidental discharges (one of which I was there for - the one the guy shot himself in the hand - he put his hand over the end of the barrel before pulling the trigger - which is a really stupid thing to do). I don't see it mentioned in their event rules so I was probably mistaken.

Maybe it was some other rule change they made.

I haven't been to a WAC show since I moved here to Oregon about 4 years ago.

< Why they don't have school shootings in Israel.
Notice the long gun slung over the teachers shoulder?

Yep, no non members are allowed to even pick up let alone handle a firearm at their shows. That was in effect a few years ago when I helped a friend at his tables several times.

HOWEVER I just re-read the "Rules of the Road" from WAC and no where is it stated that non-members can't handle weapons, only that "Additional rules apply to table-holders" so it may still be there in those documents which I don't have.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Golden Eagle member
WAC member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Last Edited:
Has there been any update on what the warrant was for? It should be public information and will be no problem to find if we know the guys name.

Not sure about the reason for the Warrener. But I did read one story that made it sound like the seller was a dealer and not a private seller. I'll see if u can find the story.

Actually, that is not correct. Technically, prior to I-594, someone could buy a firearm from a private seller at a gun show. All firearms sold by a FFL require a background check.

I do find it very interesting that all the articles about this case lack a significant amount of detail, leading readers to assume things that may or may not be true - which is exactly what I think the anti-gun types want.

...yes but the person buying has to be either a member of the WAC group and is assumed that they have already had a background check. This would be a private sale. No different if you would have bought a firearm from a neighbor. If they would have bought it from a licensed FFL holder at the show, then another background check would have been completed.

Has there been any update on what the warrant was for? It should be public information and will be no problem to find if we know the guys name.

The warrant was obviously for FTA. Failure to appear (at court) Unless you are a career criminal or habitual traffic offender most do not go to jail. That's why the cop told him to get the tickets cleaned up.

something really stinks about this story. there is NO WAY anyone could have known why the sale was denied. NICS denials simply do not provide this information.

somoene really needs to investigate this. there is more to the story that is being deliberately covered up.

We see many people go through TSA checkpoints and get caught with guns each year. Were they "not aware" of the prohibition against guns on planes? Who doesn't really know if they have an arrest warrant? Those do not come flying out of the sky from Mars. ;)

Doc, a littel reality check here.... two counts, OK? Friend of mine, daily conealed carry guy, was flying from Portland OR to Texas. His Dad (fortunatly also permitted, as it turns out) had brought him to the airport, Friend starts wading through the checkpoint mess, gets almost up to the first stop (produce ticket ,ID) and suddenly realises: HE IS CARRYING!!!! He quickly looks back, sees Dad waiting to see he gets through security OK, breaks out of the line (calmly), heads toward Dad, sidles up to him and says "I just realised I'm packing, you'll have to take my gun, now". Fine.. handoff completed quietly, Friend tries again, no issues. Had he NOT remembered, or had Dad already left, do you think they'd have goven him a free pass because, in his haste to get ready, packed, and to the airport to meet his flight he totally forgot that one of the things he does every day (insert handgun into IWB holster as he's dressing) is suddnly now the ONE THING he canot do? Nope. Seize gun, seize forgetful distracted traveller, huge deal thousands of dollars wasted...... and this is a GOOD SYSTEM? Nope.

Second oint: I have twice been accosted and informed upon "contact" that I had a warrant. Fort what? One was failure to appear. I thought my correspondence with the court had ended the matter, they sent notices to wring address I never got them, I thought I was clear. Fortunately the copper believed me, simply gave me a new notice to appear and I was able to deal with it, no jail tome no car impounded. That would NOT happen today, decades later. Second, driving under commercial license, got overload ticket, was fault of employer's loading and defective equipment, employer promised to pay, never did. DMNV in the state issuing ticket (not my state of residence) sent notices to who knows where, I had never moved, never gotten anything, they simply suspended my priviledge to drive in that state without informing me, My state's DMV never knew, either. I was allowed to leave the rig there, get to DMV, settle the ticket and reinvent my license (revenue stream for that state, nothing more) return to the rig, and complete my trip delayed by only about two hours. I DID have to appear on the false charge of driving while suspended, and easily beat it in first appearance. Today (that was two decades back or more) they would impound the entire rig, leased trailer and all. Go findout how much THAT costs... and I'd never be able to get the leasd trailer back because I do not OWN that.

SO.. if you really think everyone who has a warrant or suyspended license must of course be aware of it, you live in a dream world. I live in a real one where LE are constantly messing up, finding new and inventive ways of collecting revenue and making life miserable for we mundanes. By the way, my last moving violation was more than twenty years ago, and I've driven close to a million miles since then. I am clean...... and still got trapped, twice.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews