JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Let's say that you take advantage of the still in discussion Pistol Brace Amnesty program. Your tax stamp is perhaps a year away due to log jam of Form 1's being processed by the ATF. While you are in tax stamp jail an AWB gets passed. Since a Form 1 is manufacturing, your former pistol in now a "new" firearm and subject to the AWB making it illegal.

Both are in play. If a tight Senate gains one or two seats on the blue side of the aisle an AWB will happen. Not sure if a new red controlled HoR can rescind the previous vote to nullify it.

The free tax stamp amnesty program is also likely IF the ATF does not change it's mind on the definition of a pistol vs rifle and since they were OK previously with the sale of these items as pistols it gets into "no expost facto" territory making the free tax stamp amnesty program very possible.

Thoughts? Nothing to worry about or diabolical planning to make thousands of rifles illegal?

Last Edited:
1662820120829.png

I'm not saying myself but a lot of people are going to literally make themselves felons taking pictures of their AR or AK pistols with braces or stocks on them the whole buffer tube part is somewhat vague. Meaning you could have the right brace but you have it on a buffer tube making it what they already deem as an SBR therefore will not approve your paperwork because you already " illegally" possess one.. a lot of people are about to get themselves in trouble with the law! Don't get me wrong $200 free stamp is sweet but I might have to bite the bullet and just pay the $200 per gun When the time comes. While it is smart to think ahead I don't want to prematurely make a decision based on fear. Once this whole " amnesty " kicks off we are going to start hearing about a lot of law abiden citizens being screws over by the system!

I'm not saying myself but a lot of people are going to literally make themselves felons taking pictures of their AR or AK pistols with braces or stocks on them the whole buffer tube part is somewhat vague. Meaning you could have the right brace but you have it on a buffer tube making it what they already deem as an SBR therefore will not approve your paperwork because you already " illegally" possess one.. a lot of people are about to get themselves in trouble with the law! Don't get me wrong $200 free stamp is sweet but I might have to bite the bullet and just pay the $200 per gun When the time comes. While it is smart to think ahead I don't want to prematurely make a decision based on fear. Once this whole " amnesty " kicks off we are going to start hearing about a lot of law abiden citizens being screws over by the system!
To my understanding, with no upper/barrel, it's not an SBR, it's a lower.

I have a stamped SBR, and an lower currently configured as a pistol. If I have to take photos of anything, I'll just make sure it's just a lower.

They should've dubbed it a tax-stamp waiver, not an "amnesty" for the reasons you stated.
no one is getting a waiver, this is all so people submit evidence then they can say NOPE that's not a braced pistol it needs to be clasified as SBR, so Pay your 200. Regardless No One is upset about paying 200, that's not the problem. bubblegum if you told me I had to pay 200 tax at the counter most likely i'd be like umm ok. it's about them taking photos and registry and being unconstitutional. It is Wrong on so many levels. WE THE PEOPLE > Govt like the founding fathers wanted.

no one is getting a waiver, this is all so people submit evidence then they can say NOPE that's not a braced pistol it needs to be clasified as SBR, so Pay your 200. Regardless No One is upset about paying 200, that's not the problem. bubblegum if you told me I had to pay 200 tax at the counter most likely i'd be like umm ok. it's about them taking photos and registry and being unconstitutional. It is Wrong on so many levels. WE THE PEOPLE > Govt like the founding fathers wanted.
Well.
That was eye opening. I never considered calling b.s. on their " tax collection " method.
Thank you.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top