Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Awaiting the rain

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by coastal steelheader, Sep 5, 2013.

1. coastal steelheader

coastal steelheader Aberdeen Well-Known Member

2. BoonDocks36

BoonDocks36 Oregon, in the boondocks Christian. Conservative. Male.

It is called The Pacific North Wet for a reason... If it raining in Oregon, we call it a Light Washington Mist, it Missed Washington, and hit Oregon.

I learned that one, when I first lived in Washington, 1968 .... But if it rained on Washington, we called it a light
    Oregon Mist, Missed Oregon, and hit Washington.

But our Drill Sargents NEVER let us go salmon fishing, I, for one thought that was unfair, in today's Army, they would probably issue the trainee's fishing tackle....

Just saying, :)

philip,
    in the Boon Dock, on a dry day, its just a bit misty... On a Wet day, Long Tom River overflows its banks !!!q

3. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Everybody in Oregon needs 10 acres, and 9 of them under cover.

4. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

I'm ready for it. Shaping up to be a superior year for fall mushrooms. There are few things in this world I like to eat more than elk with chantrelles.

5. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Same here, ready for some precip.... It has been way too long since there has been any, my skin is like leatherand my thirst cannot be quenched. The Chehalis is as low as I have seen it in many years!!!!

6. BoonDocks36

Ahhhhhhh, .....
    Now there is a true North Wetter, knows the correct terminology, "Bucket's" That there is understandable, not quite a "Button down the Hatches", but a really good pour, never the less !!!!

When I moved up from Baja Oregon, to Spanaway Washington, in 1974, the locals told me that "I brought the rain with me", some what true, for the entire drive, in my old VW BUS, was done in Buckets of Rain from Chico, to Spanaway, a two day drive in my VW. BTW, I accepted the ribbing, and said "No, everything I drove through was Washington Missed"......

philip,
    In the BoonDocks, we is squeeky dry.... Right now, but grey clouds overhead.

7. BoonDocks36

Ohhh NO!!!!

It is making Noise in the sky !!!!! It is ~All~ Gunfixxes fault, he mentioned thunderstorms !!!!!!!!

What do I do, what do I do? .... Should I dial 119 ???? Err 919 ???? I know, I will dial O(perator) and ssk her if she knows what to do !!!!!!

philip
    Its just one of those daze in the BoonDocks, I worked ~real hard~ Yesterday, so I took this day off, sort of. I just went into the Wood Shop, and moved my small band saw, to where I am working.... Now I am done working!!!!!! I am Building a canopy for a Soft Top Isuzu, that no longer has the top!!!!!' Better hurry, its raining now !!!!!!

8. coastal steelheader

So far we're missing the fun. Please send some of that rain and wind our way!

9. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

Huge thunderstorm just went through at our place here between Turner and Jefferson. Storm got to us with rain, thunder and lightning at 15:27, by 15:57 we had exactly 1" of rain. Sitting at 1.4 inches of rain with another couple hours of "yellow" still showing on the radar waiting to move through.

10. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

Coastal Elk rifle season will be a wet one I hope! Shaping up to look like it so far...

11. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

I work with people from all over the country who insist that Oregonians can't drive in the rain.

Makes very little sense to me because this is exactly where I learned to drive (and ride motorcycles) in the crappiest weather back in the 60's. Snow and ice, too, up in the hills and mountains. But sure enough, I left downtown Portland tonight in the first rain we've seen for quite some time, and traffic was backed up all the way home.

WTF???

12. BoonDocks36

teflon97239, I can answer that ....

Portland is where all the worst of the Worst Kalifornia Drivers move to... 2nd up is ~BleuJean~ the city where they have the University of DUX, but most of the STU'dAnts are from KaliForni'Ahhhhhh and so they know Nothink, NothinK, just like Sgt. Shultz knew....

philip,
    That's my story, and I am sticking to it, unless you want me to change, and then I could reconsider my point of View.... I am not tied down firmly to the concept, is all I am saying....

13. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

14. 4Freedom

4Freedom Boise, Idaho Well-Known Member

I'm sick of the rain, I want summer to start already.. :(

WAYNO and (deleted member) like this.
  15. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Seems someone totally nuked his original post about slow traffic getting home from downtown quitting time yesterday. It certainly was a bad day all the way around.
    Some motorbiker got his helmed blowed off by lighting, a private coach caught fire before the tunnel on 26W at 4:50pm (before it started raining and that little crimp in the crick had many ripples probably extending to all of Portland proper) and probably a bungload more shenanigans.
    Yea, it rains in the wetlunds and then there's other stuff too.

16. giddyupgo55

giddyupgo55 Vernonia Active Member

I know we need the rain, but I need at lease 2 more weeks of dry warm weather to finish up painting the house, and doing some cat work.

17. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Well the rain has not been what I expected at all, was hopin that the rivers would be flushed out & bring in some fish but that is not the case... Oh well....

giddy, either you have a very large house or you are a very slow painter... Just sayin...

18. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

:thumbup:

19. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

I sure hope you are talking about cat as in caterpillar :D

20. coastal steelheader

Isn't it strange how we seem to miss what everyone else gets lately? We got a lot lightning but little rain while everyone else seems to have gotten a pounding. Of course when the rest of the region is having beautiful weather, it will suck here never fails.

Still hoping for some rain though. A relative who of mine who works on the charter boats is saying there is a hell of a mass of fish just waiting to move in.