JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It is called The Pacific North Wet for a reason... If it raining in Oregon, we call it a Light Washington Mist, it Missed Washington, and hit Oregon.

I learned that one, when I first lived in Washington, 1968 .... But if it rained on Washington, we called it a light
Oregon Mist, Missed Oregon, and hit Washington.

But our Drill Sargents NEVER let us go salmon fishing, I, for one thought that was unfair, in today's Army, they would probably issue the trainee's fishing tackle....

Just saying, :)

philip,
in the Boon Dock, on a dry day, its just a bit misty... On a Wet day, Long Tom River overflows its banks !!!q

Ahhhhhhh, .....
.... we are getting hit with thunderstorms and buckets of rain! ....
Now there is a true North Wetter, knows the correct terminology, "Bucket's" That there is understandable, not quite a "Button down the Hatches", but a really good pour, never the less !!!!

When I moved up from Baja Oregon, to Spanaway Washington, in 1974, the locals told me that "I brought the rain with me", some what true, for the entire drive, in my old VW BUS, was done in Buckets of Rain from Chico, to Spanaway, a two day drive in my VW. BTW, I accepted the ribbing, and said "No, everything I drove through was Washington Missed"......

philip,
In the BoonDocks, we is squeeky dry.... Right now, but grey clouds overhead.

Ohhh NO!!!!

It is making Noise in the sky !!!!! It is ~All~ Gunfixxes fault, he mentioned thunderstorms !!!!!!!!

What do I do, what do I do? .... Should I dial 119 ???? Err 919 ???? I know, I will dial O(perator) and ssk her if she knows what to do !!!!!!

philip
Its just one of those daze in the BoonDocks, I worked ~real hard~ Yesterday, so I took this day off, sort of. I just went into the Wood Shop, and moved my small band saw, to where I am working.... Now I am done working!!!!!! I am Building a canopy for a Soft Top Isuzu, that no longer has the top!!!!!' Better hurry, its raining now !!!!!!

Ohhh NO!!!!

It is making Noise in the sky !!!!! It is ~All~ Gunfixxes fault, he mentioned thunderstorms !!!!!!!!

What do I do, what do I do? .... Should I dial 119 ???? Err 919 ???? I know, I will dial O(perator) and ssk her if she knows what to do !!!!!!

philip
Its just one of those daze in the BoonDocks, I worked ~real hard~ Yesterday, so I took this day off, sort of. I just went into the Wood Shop, and moved my small band saw, to where I am working.... Now I am done working!!!!!! I am Building a canopy for a Soft Top Isuzu, that no longer has the top!!!!!' Better hurry, its raining now !!!!!!

So far we're missing the fun. Please send some of that rain and wind our way!

Huge thunderstorm just went through at our place here between Turner and Jefferson. Storm got to us with rain, thunder and lightning at 15:27, by 15:57 we had exactly 1" of rain. Sitting at 1.4 inches of rain with another couple hours of "yellow" still showing on the radar waiting to move through.

I work with people from all over the country who insist that Oregonians can't drive in the rain.

Makes very little sense to me because this is exactly where I learned to drive (and ride motorcycles) in the crappiest weather back in the 60's. Snow and ice, too, up in the hills and mountains. But sure enough, I left downtown Portland tonight in the first rain we've seen for quite some time, and traffic was backed up all the way home.

WTF???

teflon97239, I can answer that ....

Portland is where all the worst of the Worst Kalifornia Drivers move to... 2nd up is ~BleuJean~ the city where they have the University of DUX, but most of the STU'dAnts are from KaliForni'Ahhhhhh and so they know Nothink, NothinK, just like Sgt. Shultz knew....

philip,
That's my story, and I am sticking to it, unless you want me to change, and then I could reconsider my point of View.... I am not tied down firmly to the concept, is all I am saying....

Seems someone totally nuked his original post about slow traffic getting home from downtown quitting time yesterday. It certainly was a bad day all the way around.
Some motorbiker got his helmed blowed off by lighting, a private coach caught fire before the tunnel on 26W at 4:50pm (before it started raining and that little crimp in the crick had many ripples probably extending to all of Portland proper) and probably a bungload more shenanigans.
Yea, it rains in the wetlunds and then there's other stuff too.

Well the rain has not been what I expected at all, was hopin that the rivers would be flushed out & bring in some fish but that is not the case... Oh well....

giddy, either you have a very large house or you are a very slow painter... Just sayin...

Well the rain has not been what I expected at all, was hopin that the rivers would be flushed out & bring in some fish but that is not the case... Oh well....

giddy, either you have a very large house or you are a very slow painter... Just sayin...

Isn't it strange how we seem to miss what everyone else gets lately? We got a lot lightning but little rain while everyone else seems to have gotten a pounding. Of course when the rest of the region is having beautiful weather, it will suck here never fails.

Still hoping for some rain though. A relative who of mine who works on the charter boats is saying there is a hell of a mass of fish just waiting to move in.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top