JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Gypsy Noonan, a former Walmart cashier and a member of the labor activist group United for Respect, told Insider that she ended up experiencing a stress-related seizure at work in January 2020. Noonan said that aspects of the job that particularly stressed her out included dealing with shoplifters and working the registers without backup.

She said the stress didn't abate until she left the company.

"Whenever I would get work, before I would clock in, I would pull up my car and I would just sit in my car and try to mentally talk myself into going in there," she said.
Taken from....

Rrrright.....I wonder?
Work a bit and claim disability from the stress.
Sounds like a plan.

Aloha, Mark

PS...to keep the subject relevant to guns.
Well (as an employee).....you'll have the knowledge of when the new stock of ammo is about to hit the shelves. Buy it yourself or call your family and friends.

Last Edited:
I would never willingly work in a retail environment, nor a caretaker type environment. Too much stress for me. Production/sewing/general labor, working with my hands and not needing to interact with customers? Sure thing.

I'm still amazed at the $15 an hour thing. If that's nothing these days, than we have serious problems.

I'm still amazed at the $15 an hour thing. If that's nothing these days, than we have serious problems.
Yeah... the problem is there isn't really a corresponding wage raise for the skilled trades level. Why, I remember back in 2003, that the average entry CNC machinist jobs for GM, Ford, Boeing was something like 25 a hour.. which is still close to the current levels.

Full-time, that's only about 2500 bucks a month.

Good kid's wage, someone who doesn't fork out that much a month just to live.
How much is a job worth? The Wal Mart job or that of a ____name it____.

Seems to me, that the employer will generally set a rate.

OR......

Someone could just be an independent and charge what he wants to.

But whatever....
Don't like it.....don't work there or get a better job (skills, credentials, etc....). And, one could also do more work (say a side gig or even a part time job).

That being said.....
IMHO.....a universal income policy (aka : living wage policy) is just WRONG. Not to mention, the many Govt programs and give-a-ways, that have the effect of stifling the work ethic.

Yeah, for some people.....the logic is : Why work more (take that P/T job) if you no longer qualify for that sweet Govt program?

Aloha, Mark

PS.....consider for a moment.
SS-and-15-min-wage-question.png

So I guess the SS folks need a raise too?

Last Edited:
Yeah... the problem is there isn't really a corresponding wage raise for the skilled trades level. Why, I remember back in 2003, that the average entry CNC machinist jobs for GM, Ford, Boeing was something like 25 a hour.. which is still close to the current levels.
That's the scary thing. The bottom got a huge bump, and the rest didn't get sh-t. Setting up a collapse if you ask me.

ANY job dealing with the "public" is, well you deal with the public. Some can not handle it and fine. Blaming this on Wally? Is BS. They have so many jobs there no one has to take one dealing with the angry customers. Now if someone wants to take some level of manager? They make the choice for more money and they can always go back. Lots of just plain work at places this large.

Right... but this whole $15 min wage thing is a direct result of rents going up everywhere, while wages in general have stagnated.
It is a direct result of people who do not want to do anything to help themselves other that scream for me to pay for them. Don't make enough money? Simple solutions.
Do not start a family first. Get some education that will help you make more money.
Or do what many do. Start a family first, refuse to get any education, then scream that others should support you. Why not make min wage $50 an hour? We would then have utopia. People never learn so they keep repeating history. :s0092:

Last Edited:
It is a direct result of people who do not want to do anything to help themselves other that scream for me to pay for them. Don't make enough money? Simple solutions.
Do not start a family first. Get some education that will help you make more money.
Or do what many do. Start a family first, refuse to get any education, then scream that others should support you. Why not make min wage $50 an hour? We would then have utopia. People never learn so they keep repeating history. :s0092:
Indeed. The greatest lie told to students from the 1980s to 2000s was basically.. "you wont amount to anything if you dont go to liberal arts colleges/universities" while eliminating trades classes (shop and home ec). And then this whole "parents= best friends with no disciplining" or "extremely goal driven parents who pushes children into excessive sports training to the point of becoming coaches by any other name"

Full-time, that's only about 2500 bucks a month.

Good kid's wage, someone who doesn't fork out that much a month just to live.
That's why minimum wage is for entry level workers. It is supposed to drive you to want to do and be better, and make better money. With a lot of the turds out there now becoming generational fund suckers the prognosis is grim.

Joe Biden & The Dems, is paying people to have babies. So they've got that going for them. CHA-CHING!

Lower the voting age to 16 and they've got job security!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top