JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi,I am possibly buying an auto 5.probably a clone,I dont know.I would like to know if there are any of these clones a person should run away from?what kind of prices are they selling for?Im not in this for profit,just dont want to pay a bunch for a gun i might not like and then take a big loss when I trade it off.

Hi,I am possibly buying an auto 5.probably a clone,I dont know.I would like to know if there are any of these clones a person should run away from?what kind of prices are they selling for?Im not in this for profit,just dont want to pay a bunch for a gun i might not like and then take a big loss when I trade it off.
A shooter grade Auto5 is not all that valuable. Be cautious with your purchase.

And I don't know of much of a "clone" market for them, There are the other common manufacturers who have made similar looking guns....

The Remington Model 11 is basically an Auto-5 Clone. I have one in 20 gauge, as well as a Browning Auto-5 in 12 Gauge. I did not pay a lot for either of them, and they are great shotguns (probably my favorites, alongside my Winchester Model 97).

I picked up the Japanese A5 clone at Cabella's about 2-3 years ago on consignment for something like $289.

It's got some modest wear on the stock and barrel, probably 80% still clean. Still one of the best looking firearms I own. (And the best operating shotgun I have.)

Best shotgun buy I've ever made.

I picked up the Japanese A5 clone at Cabella's about 2-3 years ago on consignment for something like $289.

It's got some modest wear on the stock and barrel, probably 80% still clean. Still one of the best looking firearms I own. (And the best operating shotgun I have.)

Best shotgun buy I've ever made.
Did you just try to blaspheme with your mouth hole? Or are just trying to be funny
That's code for not clone and you got slapped

If you buy one, make sure you check out the recoil buffer in the back of the receiver and also find which way the friction rings are set up.
You don't want to shoot the more powerful shell loads if the friction rings are configured for the lighter target loads.
The recoil buffer is made up of a hard fiber material and if it's not in good condition, you can damage the bolt, especially if it's been shot with the wrong friction ring setup.

Just like the 1911 45 ACP pistol, and many other weapons he created, John Browning figured out incredibly fantastic gun designs a LONG time ago. To me, the most optimal version of this Auto 5 is the "Sweet Sixteen" - if you ever get the chance to handle one make sure you do....I suspect it will make you a believer too.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top