Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

August 25th Weekend Shows?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by MBGraphix, Aug 22, 2012.

1. MBGraphix

MBGraphix Salem, Oregon Member

Just to confirm what I found: Are there TWO shows this weekend in Portland?

Collectors West at the Expo and Oregon Arms at the Holiday in?

I have been to the CW shows, but can anyone give me their opinion of the Oregon Arms show at the Holiday Inn?

Thanks !

-V-

2. BearArmy

BearArmy OR Active Member

What do you think about the CW show? I have been to neither.

3. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

gun show at expo center is big and many firearms to look at. Also ammo deals and such....

I never been to Holiday in.

4. Simonpie

Simonpie Portland Active Member

I haven't been to the big yearly Oregon Arms Collectors show, but I've been to the smaller monthly shows. Expect a lot of true antiques being shown and sold. Expect a few of jumbles of yardsale (gun related) parts and gear. Expect that one guy totally geeked out on something, say TC contenders or M1 Garands, with every bit, bauble, breech, and barrel imaginable. Ammo and reloading equipment leans to the used, obscure or collectable. Don't expect black guns or beany babies. Oddly, I see very few reproduction guns like Pedersoli. Too much real stuff floating around I guess.

5. MBGraphix

I like the CW Shows. Lots of vendors and I can usually find parts for spares. There is also a couple vendors that sell some really great harder to find books on firearms. The last one I went too, there were some vintage military vehicle representations, which is always neat to see. The only downside is having to pay for parking.

So yeah, I don't go to every show, but go a few times per year.

6. MBGraphix

Is the one this weekend the "big yearly" one for Oregon Arms Collectors, or just considered the smaller monthly show?

7. BSG 75

BSG 75 Oregon Well-Known Member

The 2-day August Oregon Arms Collectors show is the biggest OAC show of the year. It is almost all older firearms and accessories (say 50 years old and older). You won't see any Glocks, ARs, beanie babies, or gun safes there, but it is great if you are interested in older firearms.

August 2006 Show

1f7g5v.jpg

Stuff I bought at last year's OAC show:

DSC04354.jpg

8. MBGraphix

Sweet ! Thanks BSG !

That is the info I was wanting. I will be going there for sure this weekend.

9. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

Is that a SG 44 sitting in the middle of that table? Id love to have one of those.

10. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Me too. Going on Sunday.