JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Contact your local VFW and American Legion offices, they have reps who do just that. You might be able to get some "training" but definitely make contacts to do just that.

Hope that helps and lock on!!

SF-
THANKS SF for pointing me towards who to call for volunteering info, much appreciated. I dunno why I hadn't thought of those, but that's why I come here to the experts :)

2. Tac, my L1A1 was lonely this past summer. Maybe next summer? Also howcome the Queen doesn't take better care of Her Veterans?

Sir, it is down to voluntary organisations like the Royal British Legion, BLESMA [the British Limbless Ex-Servicemens' Association], St Dunstans [for the blinded] and others to help our veterans out.

Other, related organisations, like SSAFA [Soldiers, Sailors and Air Force Association] and RAFSAA can help when you are in REAL financial trouble.

tac

Sir, it is down to voluntary organisations like the Royal British Legion, BLESMA [the British Limbless Ex-Servicemens' Association], St Dunstans [for the blinded] and others to help our veterans out.

Other, related organisations, like SSAFA [Soldiers, Sailors and Air Force Association] and RAFSAA can help when you are in REAL financial trouble.

tac

TAC-

My heart was literally ripped out when I read those words. I have served along side with British Soldiers and they are some hard charging, well disciplined and exteremly professional soldiers. To hear how your 'mates' are shat on is a disgrace to your country and your queen.

How has this been allowed?

We have the American Legion and Veterans of Foriegn Wars (VFW) who have lobbied for American Vet rights and benefits and it took a long time to get where we are at today, but I always assumed (yeah I know the joke) that GB was light years ahead of us in such issues. I would have never guessed how poorly treated you all are.

I remember responding QRF to a Brit convoy that was hit up pretty hard north of Qalat and thinking they where some pretty tough men to out on mission with such little protection from there vehicles.

SF-

I'd pursue the progam, but I'm not disabled enough at only 10%:s0112:. Oh well, it was a good experience serving.

I was initially rated at 10% after I filed the paperwork myself. After that I took all my paperwork to the local VFW office and they handled all the paperwork for my appeal. It took awhile for the paperwork to be processed, but eventually I was bumped to 30%.

It might be worth a shot.

It's pretty easy to get your rating increased, the hard part is just getting the damn rating in the first place! Once you're in the VA system, if you feel you haven't been given your due and you appeal or whatever you call it, you can get increased fairly easily.

SF, I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but I believe that the Voc Rehab coordinator at the Polytrauma clinic in Seattle said that Voc Rehab can be used basically until you die. I'm pretty sure what he said was that even if I used up all my GI bill benefits, I could still use the V.R. with no problem. I don't know if that's because I'm 100% P & T, or if it goes for every OIF/OEF vet with 30% or more. I don't remember that part of the convo very well.

SF, I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but I believe that the Voc Rehab coordinator at the Polytrauma clinic in Seattle said that Voc Rehab can be used basically until you die. I'm pretty sure what he said was that even if I used up all my GI bill benefits, I could still use the V.R. with no problem. I don't know if that's because I'm 100% P & T, or if it goes for every OIF/OEF vet with 30% or more. I don't remember that part of the convo very well.

Not exactly true, VA VOC Rehab (the funding that supports your training) is rationed/limited to 48 months, maximum, but the job assistance is for life.

Sledder- I returned your PM with questions.

I have to completely reorganize my garage with all the tools and equipment that comes with the enhanced program. This is friggin' awesome!!

SF-

If the military had a union like police we would all be 100% and collecting $6,000 a month. I should have been a cop. Much easier and better pay and benefits. VA sucks and I am sick of them.

thank you for the info. You have helped afew vets here at ft. hood texas. I have 4 vets including myself working at my gunsmithing shop here in texas. 2 of the guys have been taking the agi course and i have seen a much improved confidance in them and their work. Keep up the great work of putting the word out there. Its good to know there are still afew officers out there that care about soldiers.Just had to throw it out there being enlisted for 10+ years. Keep up the great work. We all appreciate the help.
I didn't know what section to put this in, so since it is firearm related I am putting it here. I have found a way for VA Vocational Rehabilitation to pay for your American Gunsmithing Institute (AGI) video correspondence gunsmithing course. Trust me this isn't just gun video's it is an entire business plan to just about every course they offer. Even if you have a job/career you are in right now, you are still eligible if you meet the following criteria:

1. Have a VA disability of 30% or more. If you don't have this completed, this process will take the longest especially if you are non-combat or are non OEF/OIF. Don't give up yet I know of people who specialize in VA applications.
2. Have not used your post 9/11 G.I. Bill (If you don't use this you can transfer to a family member, ask me about this later) or your Montgomery GI bill from 'back in the day'. I have used 36 months when I was in college, so now I am only eligible for 12 more months.
3. Have not used more than 48 months of prior VA VOC-REHAB
4. Have an honorable discharge on your DD-214

As a soon to be veteran I want to ensure my fellow veterans are informed with the most current up to date info, so that they can make the best decisions for themselves. If this is an interest to you, please PM me. I do not work for the VA, nor AGI. I am just a guy who gives a rats hind quarter.

If you know a veteran who isn't a member of this sight and has interest in gunsmithing, please PM me there contact info.

Thank you,

SF-

Its good to know there are still afew officers out there that care about soldiers.Just had to throw it out there being enlisted for 10+ years. Keep up the great work. We all appreciate the help.

Thank you. Words like this make it all worth while.

The shop I am at specializes in refinishing. We just nickle plated two 1911's for a shop in Texas.

A shop with 4 or 5 of y'all in it must make for some good times.

Where y'all at? If I make it down to Kileen, TX, I'd stop in and buy y'all a round of Lone Stars.

SF-

Silver Fox,
I was in during Desert Shield/Storm, went through Operation Fiery Vigil in the PI, OIF/OEF......and then some.

I have absolutely no interest in being a nurse, accountant, hairdresser or MBA....to the alleged $ sitting in the other pots do me little; if any, good. Unless that is I can move all six of us to a metropolitan fuster-cluck in BFE as they seem to keep goading me to do. There just isn't much avail in SE Washington Republic........unless yer a "glass-maker/blower".......LOL

Anyhow, I shall send you a PM and go into further detail once you have responded.

Thank you for your time, assistance and diligence to the Cause......."forgotten Veterans".......

Respectfully,

~Evergreen Rogue

Silver Fox,
The following is the message received after attempting to send you a PM.

"Silver Fox has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

Have a fruitful and Blessed day.

Respectfully,

~Evergreen Rogue

Hi All,
As for American Gunsmith Institute (AGI) I have some of the Armorer's Courses plus 1911 and Glock tune up dvd's and one of the AGI Test etc....
I will let any of you stop by and watch some of the Courses I have. This will show you what it's like to take a courses are like, if any of you wish. Please send me a Email [email protected]
I will also show you some other dvd I have from the Gun Club of America mag. comes with a dvd on disassembly
and reassembly on different weapons plus a look at many new weapons and old weapons too.
If you need more infor.,
Contact me,
Tony Portland, Oregon Area

If you live in Multnomah or Clackamas County they have a County Employee that is a Veterans Service Officer and their job is exclusively to assist veterans in navigating the VA system. Also Veterans Service organizations do this to some extent. They will get your GI records and show you how to document, submit paperwork and assist in everything associated with your claim. The process is lengthy but the payments are retroactive to the day you initially file the claim.

You do not need an ffl if you are doing gunsmithing, if you pawn or otherwise take control of the weapon or weapons then you need an ffl, at least in my state you don"t. If you would like to have an ffl then just pay the $35 and get a curio and relic ffl. Or go whole hog pay the $3500 for the class 3 and be able to make your own toys or purchase full aut weapons for less than retail. Most places like Brownell's has excellent prices for parts or tools.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top