Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Attacked because of my youtube video.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PlayboyPenguin, Dec 17, 2010.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I posted a video version of an old review I did of my Kahr MK40 on youtube last night. When I woke up this morning I had not one, but three nasty e-mails from different people (at least they were different screennames...two of the e-mails seem very similar) chastising me for mentioning how easy it is to carry the MK40 concealed. Really??? That is such a touchy subject with people? One lady regaled me with the story of how her son was killed by someone carrying a concealed weapon while walking home late one night with friends because the guy thought they were trying to mug him when the asked for a smoke and then how he got off scott free.

Three complaints is pretty bad considering the video has only been viewed like 7 or 8 times since I posted it last night. I hadn't even posted a link on any gun forums yet.

YouTube - Kahr MK40 Range Report

2. browntown

browntown Salem, Oregon, United States Active Member

its a fine review, don't worry about the emails. crazies come with the internet. I have a K9 and love it.

3. browntown

browntown Salem, Oregon, United States Active Member

oh btw, kahr used to advise people to put several hundred rounds through their guns to break them in before trusting them for conc. carry. That might have changed, but some people in the past used to complain about a ammo hangup early in the life of the firearm.

4. i8asquirrel

i8asquirrel Keizer, oregon Member

Ignore the wacko's good Job

5. matt_w

matt_w Hillsboro, OR Active Member

uh huh. I'm sure that's really what happened.

6. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

Oh dear, drama on youtube, say it isn't so! :eek: Generally youtube comments and pms should be ignored. Probably the same person sock-puppeteering to push their agenda anyway.

If you feel like reverse-trolling, give them the "Well, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not are you?" response. :thumbup:

7. FritZ PDX

FritZ PDX Portland, OR New Member

Your review looked fine to me. But anytime you publish anything someone is going to criticize you??? Or did you not realize that???

8. Izzy

Izzy Oakridge Active Member

You are an EVIL, EVIL, gun wielding man!!!:bluelaugh::laugh:

I watched your video & was wondering, Where is the safety on that thing.

9. MA Duce

MA Duce Central Oregon Well-Known Member

Your review was very well done. And I am quite sure that poor lad was just asking for a smoke......which is a typical come on for muggers. Ignore them.

10. nwo

nwo Southern Oregon Well-Known Member

Did you re-post the video? There are no comments there now. No "likes" or "dislikes" either.

11. PlayboyPenguin

I do not mind the criticism...I just thought that was a pretty good record to get three complaints before even getting a dozen views. I must be doing something right.

12. PlayboyPenguin

I did repost ta higher quality version of the video early this morning (for some reason when you post directly from iMovie it does it in a very low res), but they did not leave negative comments. They just sent private messages. The only comments that showed this morning were positive ones.

13. nwo

nwo Southern Oregon Well-Known Member

Ah ok. I see that now.

I think it's a very good video.

"There", I just posted a comment!

14. VW_Factor

VW_Factor Woodburn Oregon Active Member

My Kahr in the manual instructed a 200 round break in period. (CW45) In the first 50 had 3 or 4 failure to goto full battery. I gentle smack on the back of the slide (pointed down range of course) fixed that. Afterwards, now.. 100 rounds later, operates perfectly.

Bear in mind, the first 50 was straight outta the box. Afterwards it was cleaned, inspected and re-oiled. Since that time it operates perfectly every round.

I am pretty sure most if not all Kahr weapons have the same recommendation of 200 rounds for break in.

15. TapRackNGo

TapRackNGo PNW Well-Known Member

great review!

16. YFZsandrider

YFZsandrider Tacoma, Wa Member

So, what was she doing watching gun reviews on youtube??:nuts:

kookoo kookoo! :(

Keep up the firearm related enthusiasm, PBP! :thumbup:

17. atypicalparkie

atypicalparkie sowfeast poetland, ohraygun Member

:winner: Hee hee! Apparently so. I thought the review was really well done. Poo to the haters :thumbup:

18. JohnWayne

JohnWayne USA Member

Maybe it was those hairy arms that got them all crazy :O

19. PlayboyPenguin

Those are nothing...you should see my feet. :D

20. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Ignorant people.