JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I posted a video version of an old review I did of my Kahr MK40 on youtube last night. When I woke up this morning I had not one, but three nasty e-mails from different people (at least they were different screennames...two of the e-mails seem very similar) chastising me for mentioning how easy it is to carry the MK40 concealed. Really??? That is such a touchy subject with people? One lady regaled me with the story of how her son was killed by someone carrying a concealed weapon while walking home late one night with friends because the guy thought they were trying to mug him when the asked for a smoke and then how he got off scott free.

Three complaints is pretty bad considering the video has only been viewed like 7 or 8 times since I posted it last night. I hadn't even posted a link on any gun forums yet.

YouTube - Kahr MK40 Range Report

oh btw, kahr used to advise people to put several hundred rounds through their guns to break them in before trusting them for conc. carry. That might have changed, but some people in the past used to complain about a ammo hangup early in the life of the firearm.

I posted a video version of an old review I did of my Kahr MK40 on youtube last night. When I woke up this morning I had not one, but three nasty e-mails from different people (at least they were different screennames...two of the e-mails seem very similar) chastising me for mentioning how easy it is to carry the MK40 concealed. Really??? That is such a touchy subject with people? One lady regaled me with the story of how her son was killed by someone carrying a concealed weapon while walking home late one night with friends because the guy thought they were trying to mug him when the asked for a smoke and then how he got off scott free.

Three complaints is pretty bad considering the video has only been viewed like 7 or 8 times since I posted it last night. I hadn't even posted a link on any gun forums yet.

YouTube - Kahr MK40 Range Report

Oh dear, drama on youtube, say it isn't so! :eek: Generally youtube comments and pms should be ignored. Probably the same person sock-puppeteering to push their agenda anyway.

If you feel like reverse-trolling, give them the "Well, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not are you?" response. :s0155:

Did you re-post the video? There are no comments there now. No "likes" or "dislikes" either.
I did repost ta higher quality version of the video early this morning (for some reason when you post directly from iMovie it does it in a very low res), but they did not leave negative comments. They just sent private messages. The only comments that showed this morning were positive ones.

oh btw, kahr used to advise people to put several hundred rounds through their guns to break them in before trusting them for conc. carry. That might have changed, but some people in the past used to complain about a ammo hangup early in the life of the firearm.

My Kahr in the manual instructed a 200 round break in period. (CW45) In the first 50 had 3 or 4 failure to goto full battery. I gentle smack on the back of the slide (pointed down range of course) fixed that. Afterwards, now.. 100 rounds later, operates perfectly.

Bear in mind, the first 50 was straight outta the box. Afterwards it was cleaned, inspected and re-oiled. Since that time it operates perfectly every round.

I am pretty sure most if not all Kahr weapons have the same recommendation of 200 rounds for break in.

...One lady regaled me with the story of how her son was killed by someone carrying a concealed weapon while walking home late one night with friends because the guy thought they were trying to mug him when the asked for a smoke and then how he got off scott free.

So, what was she doing watching gun reviews on youtube??:nuts:

kookoo kookoo! :(

Keep up the firearm related enthusiasm, PBP! :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR