JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
An Atlanta mom took matters into her own hands on Friday when confronting an intruder. The unidentified woman hid with her 9-year-old twins in a crawlspace as a man broke into her house and began rummaging through it. The alleged burglar, Paul Ali Slater, eventually found the family’s hiding space, but not before finding himself staring down the barrel of a .38 revolver. The woman fired six shots, five of which hit Slater in the face and neck, but he managed to flee after the family ran to a neighbor’s house. Slater is expected to survive. This story, shared thousands of times from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution website, has incited some pro-gun tweeps to voice their delight; @Jennecar writes of the story, “why we need guns in our homes!” And @kjclt1 writes, “bet this Atlanta area mother of 2 is glad she had her gun.” [Source]

Atlanta mom shoots intruder in the face 5 times

Good point: five in the face and he lived!! Wonder what five .45 HP +P's would have done? Yes, I carry a .45 with that load. How about a Taurus Judge with five of the defensive .410's?

doesn't make me wonder one bit about the effectiveness of a .38

makes me wonder about her aim.

to the point, though; bravo. she protected her children and herself. god forbid there should be a next time, but if so i hope she only needs one and the job is done.

An Atlanta mom took matters into her own hands on Friday when confronting an intruder. The unidentified woman hid with her 9-year-old twins in a crawlspace as a man broke into her house and began rummaging through it. The alleged burglar, Paul Ali Slater, eventually found the family's hiding space, but not before finding himself staring down the barrel of a .38 revolver. The woman fired six shots, five of which hit Slater in the face and neck, but he managed to flee after the family ran to a neighbor's house. Slater is expected to survive. This story, shared thousands of times from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution website, has incited some pro-gun tweeps to voice their delight; @Jennecar writes of the story, "why we need guns in our homes!" And @kjclt1 writes, "bet this Atlanta area mother of 2 is glad she had her gun." [Source]

Atlanta mom shoots intruder in the face 5 times

I guess he 'faced' the consequences & lived to tell about it. Lucky him, cheeseburger face

I have shot a .38 special, This is the luckyist man alive or I believe the pistol was loaded with Birdshot pistol rounds. Anyways Good Job Lady.

Did you guys see the first sentence of this story before MSN changed it?

"An Atlanta mom took matters into her own trigger-happy hands on Friday when confronting an intruder"

They got blasted in the comments section, prompting the edit.

I'm trying to imagine the scenario.

How quickly were those shots fired?

Did the perp stick around and wait for all those shots before he fled?

Were some of those neck shots from behind?

My imagination is running wild.

Her aim? She put five in his face. Her aim is fine. She protected herself, her kids, and her property. She did everything right.

The guy is just freaky lucky or something. Theres all kinds of stories of people surviving many many many gunshots, even in the head. Theres even one out there about a 22 somehow surfing its way over the inside surface of the skull completely missing the brain. Of course i doubt a 45 or 12 gauge would do any skull surfing.

But what is it we always tell new gun owners? oh yeah. "Get a gun that feels good in your hands, you enjoy shooting, and is in the biggest caliber you feel comfortable with." So maybe thats exactly what she had in her hand. Or maybe she listened to hollywood and figured woman + gun = 38 snubby! and thats what she had in her hand. Who knows. And why does it matter? She did good and I hope she gets all the support she needs to stave off any PTSD and be a strong mom and raise her kids to value and respect guns.

No, she did NOT put five in his face. The perp had punctured lungs, and a perforated liver. She fired until she was empty, so either it was a five-shot revolver, or one round went wild if it was a six-gun. In either case capping five rounds into a perp coming at you while scared bubblegumeless isn't anything to be embarrassed about.

Too bad she didn't have a 15-17 round semi-auto... The perp's liver may have been upgraded from "perforated" to "pate".... Just sayin' ;)

Unfortunate but true. I knew a police officer who was chasing a criminal in a stolen car. Said criminal took a freeway exit and in the process lost control of he car becoming a paraplegic. He sued the police, and won. The guy I know was "let go" due to this incident.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top