Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Atlanta mom shoots intruder in the face 5 times

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by deen_ad, Jan 5, 2013.

1. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

An Atlanta mom took matters into her own hands on Friday when confronting an intruder. The unidentified woman hid with her 9-year-old twins in a crawlspace as a man broke into her house and began rummaging through it. The alleged burglar, Paul Ali Slater, eventually found the family’s hiding space, but not before finding himself staring down the barrel of a .38 revolver. The woman fired six shots, five of which hit Slater in the face and neck, but he managed to flee after the family ran to a neighbor’s house. Slater is expected to survive. This story, shared thousands of times from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution website, has incited some pro-gun tweeps to voice their delight; @Jennecar writes of the story, “why we need guns in our homes!” And @kjclt1 writes, “bet this Atlanta area mother of 2 is glad she had her gun.” [Source]

Atlanta mom shoots intruder in the face 5 times

2. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

:thumbup:

Kinda makes me wonder about the effectiveness of .38, though...

Keith

andreys21, revmedia, Grunwald and 5 others like this.
  3. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Good point: five in the face and he lived!! Wonder what five .45 HP +P's would have done? Yes, I carry a .45 with that load. How about a Taurus Judge with five of the defensive .410's?

4. just dan

just dan PDX Active Member

doesn't make me wonder one bit about the effectiveness of a .38

makes me wonder about her aim.

to the point, though; bravo. she protected her children and herself. god forbid there should be a next time, but if so i hope she only needs one and the job is done.

5. chariot13

chariot13 Near Eugene/Springfield Well-Known Member

I guess he 'faced' the consequences & lived to tell about it. Lucky him, cheeseburger face

6. Greenbug

Greenbug Bend Well-Known Member

SWISS CHEESE!!

chariot13 and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Navman

Navman Canby Oregon Active Member

Yup, his face looks like a closeup of the lunar surface!

But damn, what does it take to stop some people?

8. motoman98

motoman98 Gresham, OR Active Member

Center mass is more effective.

chemist and (deleted member) like this.
  9. novamind

novamind Hillsboro Active Member

I have shot a .38 special, This is the luckyist man alive or I believe the pistol was loaded with Birdshot pistol rounds. Anyways Good Job Lady.

10. PuddleMonkey

PuddleMonkey Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Did you guys see the first sentence of this story before MSN changed it?

"An Atlanta mom took matters into her own trigger-happy hands on Friday when confronting an intruder"

They got blasted in the comments section, prompting the edit.

11. Slowpoke

Slowpoke Beaverton Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I'm trying to imagine the scenario.

How quickly were those shots fired?

Did the perp stick around and wait for all those shots before he fled?

Were some of those neck shots from behind?

My imagination is running wild.

chemist and (deleted member) like this.
  12. soberups

soberups Newberg Well-Known Member

The perp is in the hospital, getting surgery on the taxpayers dime. Too bad she didnt have a .357 instead....

Kevatc, Grunwald, noyolk and 3 others like this.
  13. rdt

rdt SW Portland Active Member

Her aim? She put five in his face. Her aim is fine. She protected herself, her kids, and her property. She did everything right.

The guy is just freaky lucky or something. Theres all kinds of stories of people surviving many many many gunshots, even in the head. Theres even one out there about a 22 somehow surfing its way over the inside surface of the skull completely missing the brain. Of course i doubt a 45 or 12 gauge would do any skull surfing.

But what is it we always tell new gun owners? oh yeah. "Get a gun that feels good in your hands, you enjoy shooting, and is in the biggest caliber you feel comfortable with." So maybe thats exactly what she had in her hand. Or maybe she listened to hollywood and figured woman + gun = 38 snubby! and thats what she had in her hand. Who knows. And why does it matter? She did good and I hope she gets all the support she needs to stave off any PTSD and be a strong mom and raise her kids to value and respect guns.

14. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

No, she did NOT put five in his face. The perp had punctured lungs, and a perforated liver. She fired until she was empty, so either it was a five-shot revolver, or one round went wild if it was a six-gun. In either case capping five rounds into a perp coming at you while scared bubblegumeless isn't anything to be embarrassed about.

Too bad she didn't have a 15-17 round semi-auto... The perp's liver may have been upgraded from "perforated" to "pate".... Just sayin' ;)

noyolk, Grunwald, revmedia and 5 others like this.
  15. 360shooter

360shooter Portland Member

I bet she gets sued by the intruder for infliction of emotional distress, disfigurement etc.

16. speeddemon94

speeddemon94 The Rogue Well-Known Member

Unfortunate but true. I knew a police officer who was chasing a criminal in a stolen car. Said criminal took a freeway exit and in the process lost control of he car becoming a paraplegic. He sued the police, and won. The guy I know was "let go" due to this incident.

17. slingshot1943

slingshot1943 salem or Well-Known Member

I was supprised to find this on yahoo. Can't stand yahoo, need to change email.

18. ThemGunsThough

ThemGunsThough RIP City! Well-Known Member

Good job, Mama! I'm surprised the guy is still alive.