JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Didn't see this posted yet.

"Biden Pulls a Trump Card – Rare Breed FRT-15 Trigger Now Classified as a Machine Gun"

"The agency famous for once declaring a shoe string a machine gun has now targeted Florida-based company Rare Breed Triggers."

I want to preface this by saying that I do not like the NFA, I don't think it should exist, and I believe that the second amendment should allow citizens of this nation to own whatever kind of firearm / weapon they want.

That said, the owners of the company making these triggers were just straight-up dreaming if they thought the ATF wouldn't be all over this trigger like white on rice in a snowstorm.

Didn't see this posted yet.

"Biden Pulls a Trump Card – Rare Breed FRT-15 Trigger Now Classified as a Machine Gun"

"The agency famous for once declaring a shoe string a machine gun has now targeted Florida-based company Rare Breed Triggers."

If you bought one I hope you paid cash and didn't leave a trail.

Does this mean we won't be getting these either?

[h3][/h3]

Biden mocked gun-rights advocates who say they need assault weapons to fight the government: 'You need F-15s and maybe some nuclear weapons'

I wonder how the ATF will tackle the 15¢ 3d printed coat hooks?

Funny, but by their OWN definitions, this is most certainly NOT a machinegun! Mechanically, it forces a reset of the trigger after each shot is fired, so by that alone, it passes the standards already on the books!

Funny, but by their OWN definitions, this is most certainly NOT a machinegun! Mechanically, it forces a reset of the trigger after each shot is fired, so by that alone, it passes the standards already on the books!
The Feds have LONG just made up rules on the fly. What the "books" say means what they say it means. Just like laws. They mean what a black robe tells you they mean. Feds have done this for a long time. If they do not like something they just say it's now against the law. People can go along or try to take them to court. :(

All my triggers reset on their own. I pull the trigger bang. if I let pressure off the trigger it resets.

All my triggers reset on their own. I pull the trigger bang. if I let pressure off the trigger it resets.
If you watch one of the video's of people using these things its easy to see why the feds went after them. Does not matter that they are OK per the letter of the law. They work well enough that they had to stop them. Again with the fed boys laws and rules mean what they say they mean. :(

If you watch one of the video's of people using these things its easy to see why the feds went after them. Does not matter that they are OK per the letter of the law. They work well enough that they had to stop them. Again with the fed boys laws and rules mean what they say they mean. :(
I just watched the video of how this trigger operates and it looks good to go to me. You have to pull the trigger each time to fire it. If the Gov wanted to prohibit a certain rate of fire they should have written the law that way. Of course bump stocks looked kosher to me as well so a judge is probably going to side with the Gov on this trigger determination as well. I hope they fight it to high levels of court anyways. Asking for an injunction would be a good start.

The main difference I see between this and a standard trigger is that a shooter probably can't overcome the reset by holding the trigger back in firing position unless they have really strong fingers. That function was never mentioned as a requirement in the machine gun law, that I am aware of. The intent of the machine gun law as I understand it was to prohibit firearms where the trigger was able to be held back in the firing position and the firearm could continue firearm.

A simple test to determine if a trigger function is legal or not could work like this. You create a mechanical device to squeeze the trigger on a loaded firearm and hold it in the firing position with enough strength to allow for no movement of the trigger after firing. If the firearm continues to fire with trigger held back than they could reasonably consider it a machine gun. In this style of test the FRT would not continue to fire.

I just watched the video of how this trigger operates and it looks good to go to me. You have to pull the trigger each time to fire it. If the Gov wanted to prohibit a certain rate of fire they should have written the law that way.
Well once again. Laws and rules mean what the fed tells you they mean. People love to dance all around this and I hate it but, you can do as they say or you can take your chance. Does not make it "right" but, if you want to tell that to some black robe? They will shrug and lock you up. Now if you have the money and time to fight them for a good while? You may well win. Just make sure its worth it to you before you poke the bear. :s0092:

Once again the ATF goes after things not used in crime much. You know, because it makes it harder to be precise with shots. The ATF is just concerned about our accuracy at the range. So they want people minding their own business and not commiting crimes to be criminals.

🙄

Such a waste of taxpayer money for that agency. If they are going to continue to sadisticly torture the law abiding members of society can we at least get a plaque or a certificate of accomplishment? John Smith has lived through badgering by the ATF on X date and has earned citizen level "patient docile and compliant".

It's a slippery slope with a unwelcome boot.

Letter from ATF:
C-D2.png
Link

Here's a link to their response

Letter from ATF:
View attachment 1011492
Link

Here's a link to their response
It will be fun to see how this shakes out. The feds "may" just drop it. They may decide to fight it as they have basically unlimited funds to go to court. They can also find a black robe or two to just rubber stamp what they say. Then it will come down to how much money and time the manufacturer feels like sinking into this. Sad state of affairs this has become. :mad:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top