JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My guess? Before November 2024, there will be a list of items purchased legally that will require an army of IRS agents to make sure the proper Tax stamps have been purchased!
The IRS doesnt handle the enforcement of excise tax collection on stamped items like Alcohol, tobacco and of course firearms. That is administered by the ATF. I dont know where this feat that the IRS is coming after you for NFA offenses is coming from.

The IRS doesnt handle the enforcement of excise tax collection on stamped items like Alcohol, tobacco and of course firearms. That is administered by the ATF. I dont know where this feat that the IRS is coming after you for NFA offenses is coming from.
Which government agency do you believe has not lied to us yet?

Which government agency do you believe has not lied to us yet?
About what? The IRS does not have the statutory responsibility over handling NFA tax stamp collection. I dont see any major tax bills floating though this Congress before the election and theres still a pretty good chance the Democrats will get ran over in the mid terms. Then its just two more years of lame duck Biden and this isnt something he can change by EO.

The IRS will be looking at everyone for every nickel, there are not enough rich people without legal TEAMS to fight the IRS. You and I on the other hand...
I stated it as opinion not fact, our current leaders throw standard practice out for expediency every time they want! IMHO

The IRS will be looking at everyone for every nickel, there are not enough rich people without legal TEAMS to fight the IRS. You and I on the other hand...
I stated it as opinion not fact, our current leaders throw standard practice out for expediency every time they want! IMHO
Yeah well, that doesnt hold up in court so

Yeah well, that doesnt hold up in court so
The SCOTUS determined Obama Care to be an illegally done law, what does legal, and our government ever had to do with it? They do what they want, and they never go to jail! I am not sure if you have been on the forum lately but there is a fair amount of skepticism regarding our government's motives from more than a couple!

One on the commenters posted this quote, it rings true. Many people think they got too much to loose if they fight back, it's by communist design.

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the men that wanted to be left alone
They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love.
They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come of
it
They know, that the moment they fight back, the lives, as they have lived them, are over. The moment, the
men who wanted to be left alone, are forced to fight back, it is a small form of suicide. They are literally
killing off who they used to be.
Which is why, when forced to take up violence, these men who wanted to be left alone, fight with unholy
vengeance against those that murdered their former lives.
They fight with raw hate, and a drive that cannot be fathomed by those that are merely play-acting at
politics and terror.
TRUE TERROR, will arrive at the left's door, and they will cry, scream, and beg for mercy...
upon deaf ears." Author unknown

The SCOTUS determined Obama Care to be an illegally done law, what does legal, and our government ever had to do with it? They do what they want, and they never go to jail! I am not sure if you have been on the forum lately but there is a fair amount of skepticism regarding our government's motives from more than a couple!
There is already a government agency with the mandate the collection of excise taxes on NFA items. The ATF has got that one handled. There hasnt been any call to deputize the IRS to prosecute gun laws. If the discussion is whether the Congress is going to start declaring everything they can to be covered by NFA rules then that is a question Congress would have to take up. The FRT question is really one that is covered by the ATF in its statutory capacity. No one has been convicted of owning or using one yet but when and if that does happen then it will either set precedence or get thrown out . No one knows. Braced pistols. The Court said the ATFand other agencies cant make up rules without a law. Well, they made up the whole brace thing to begin with. Since they are obviously buttstocks the whole thing is really in limbo until the new rules come out and someone gets convicted ... or not convicted. In any case its not going to be the IRS handling that because that isnt the job of the IRS.

There is already a government agency with the mandate the collection of excise taxes on NFA items. The ATF has got that one handled. There hasnt been any call to deputize the IRS to prosecute gun laws. If the discussion is whether the Congress is going to start declaring everything they can to be covered by NFA rules then that is a question Congress would have to take up. The FRT question is really one that is covered by the ATF in its statutory capacity. No one has been convicted of owning or using one yet but when and if that does happen then it will either set precedence or get thrown out . No one knows. Braced pistols. The Court said the ATFand other agencies cant make up rules without a law. Well, they made up the whole brace thing to begin with. Since they are obviously buttstocks the whole thing is really in limbo until the new rules come out and someone gets convicted ... or not convicted. In any case its not going to be the IRS handling that because that isnt the job of the IRS.
I never disagreed with you on what the agencies roles are and should be, but since you know laws like "a brace is really a buttstock" and quote without bias...carry on!

I never disagreed with you on what the agencies roles are and should be, but since you know laws like "a brace is really a buttstock" and quote without bias...carry on!
Yes, braces are a workaround of compliance with SBR regs. They were from day one. Some idiot at tech branch approved one years ago and theyve been trying to stuff that cat back in the bag ever since. Never ever would have happened with Ed Owens at tech and it shows a total lack of leadership at the ATF . . Until this goes to court and it gets ruled on by point of law the ATF can bluster all they want but without that court ruling it will never have teeth. They may end up owning that one. Theres a reason all my short barrel stuff has stamps.

Last Edited:
Some guys on the FRT Facebook page posted that got the letter as well.
interesting. i havent seen an update from lawrence demonico in a while about any of this(except for family stuff he posts on instagram) and then suddenly ppl allegedly start getting letters and or visits from the ATF. idk i guess of its true people might be posting videos of them being visited soon.

interesting. i havent seen an update from lawrence demonico in a while about any of this(except for family stuff he posts on instagram) and then suddenly ppl allegedly start getting letters and or visits from the ATF. idk i guess of its true people might be posting videos of them being visited soon.
So far all I've heard about is visits and some confiscation. No arrests

A lot of it is Executive Orders. Current government not following the law. Making up new laws or powers taken by agencies that don't have them, and previous abuse from IRS. If the country had any leadership people could trust there would be less, fear, you mention.

While the IRS doesn't have the authority you talked about, who's stopping them? The ATF can't write laws, yet here we are. Shoulder a brace? Can't Shoulder a brace. What number is your pistol? Mine's a 5. Laws written and enforced on a whim.

A lot of it is Executive Orders. Current government not following the law. Making up new laws or powers taken by agencies that don't have them, and previous abuse from IRS. If the country had any leadership people could trust there would be less, fear, you mention.

While the IRS doesn't have the authority you talked about, who's stopping them? The ATF can't write laws, yet here we are. Shoulder a brace? Can't Shoulder a brace. What number is your pistol? Mine's a 5. Laws written and enforced on a whim.
Whats stopping them? Attorneys. You might feel like the ATF and the IRS just go around willy nilly doing what they want based on whatever vague Executive Order they get thrown in front of them but that feeling is just a feeling. They get stopped in their tracks by attorneys who cut through that crap all the time. As far as shouldering a brace goes they ONLY reason they screwed up and allowed those things in the first place is they got flim flammed . Theyre stocks. Go ahead and make the effort of arguing how they were designed so disabled veterans could fire their guns with one hand. Please. Thats total BS . You know it. I know it. They know it. They didnt have the authority to rewrite the NFA to allow buttstocks that also work as braces on pistols then and they dont have it now.

Whats stopping them? Attorneys. You might feel like the ATF and the IRS just go around willy nilly doing what they want based on whatever vague Executive Order they get thrown in front of them but that feeling is just a feeling. They get stopped in their tracks by attorneys who cut through that crap all the time. As far as shouldering a brace goes they ONLY reason they screwed up and allowed those things in the first place is they got flim flammed . Theyre stocks. Go ahead and make the effort of arguing how they were designed so disabled veterans could fire their guns with one hand. Please. Thats total BS . You know it. I know it. They know it. They didnt have the authority to rewrite the NFA to allow buttstocks that also work as braces on pistols then and they dont have it now.
So, do you have any physical handicaps? My twin brother has juvenile onset Rheumatoid arthritis, He can only shoot my AR pistol with a brace! I will point out the rubbish you spew affects others!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top