Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

ATF Intimidates Gun Owners with Home Visits

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Sasquatchvnv, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Sasquatchvnv

Sasquatchvnv Port Orchard Active Member

2. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Open fire.

3. Teacher Todd

Teacher Todd Central Oregon Member

They must have really crappy ATF agents down there. The one I deal with here in Oregon is great. Very laid back and low key.

4. SonicBlue03

SonicBlue03 Snohomish Well-Known Member

Crappy states I wouldn't want to live in anyway due to the crime and populace idiocy. Washington ATF is understaffed and wouldn't have time to do that, nor would they be remotely interested. Generally okay folks.

5. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Clack Co. OR Well-Known Member

Some lawyer or news organization should sting em. Buy two weapons and secretly record the thugs when they visit. Maybe have the homeowner kinda shady looking to make ATF act more menacing and then cue the crying kids and wife. Pull some community organizing, rabble rousing, activist tricks on em.

6. Ben Beckerich

Ben Beckerich NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

i'll preface by saying i didn't actually read the article posted above, but am aware that this is happening in border states.

the only thing more upsetting than ATF agents going around knocking on peoples' doors is that the vast majority of people are apparently fully cooperative, allowing the agents in and effectively letting them search the property- inspecting safes and guns, ammunition supplies, reloading setups, etc. bubbleguming disgusting self-betrayal of rights.

Grunwald and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

May I see your warrant? Oh, no warrant? You're trespassing. Get off my property.

8. Ben Beckerich

Ben Beckerich NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

i think a lot of guys just cant stand being "rude" to other human beings... but though some ATF agents may be good at pretending, we must remember that they are, in fact, NOT human, and treat them accordingly. "oh but he seemed so nice..." yea.. thats HOW they get into your bubblegum.

9. SonicBlue03

The ATF busted a house in a cul-de-sac about half a block from my house last year where the boyfriend/husband/whatever had made some threats to his wife/gf/whore and seized a bunch of pipe bombs he had built (she had reported him.) I didn't even know they were there, which is kinda funny because I'm pretty sure my gun and suppressor purchases over the past couple of years have put me on some sort of map.

10. Don't Sue People Panda

Don't Sue People Panda Portland Member

Yessir

11. JCL

JCL Eastside Member

lol

one of the few things you can do to ensure your death

12. moose

moose northwet coast Well-Known Member

Followed by an immediate call to 911. 'Some poser with a badge and a gun is trying to force their way into my house. My wife and children are in danger. I may have to defend myself. Please get a sheriff here ASAP'

13. SonicBlue03

You must really hate your wife and kids to put their lives in danger like that.

14. moose

moose northwet coast Well-Known Member

You wouldn't resist an invasion of your home? Some d*ckhead shows up at my house claiming to be some kind of 'special agent' that isn't accompanied by a uniformed deputy sheriff is going to get exactly that reaction.

15. SonicBlue03

Whomever stated about coming back with a warrant and asking them politely to leave was the appropriate response if one wants to resist. Announcing to 9-1-1 that you intend to "defend yourself" after that fact is giving more evidence to be used against you or your surviving relatives in court. Might help to remember Randy Weaver and that you're not him. If overreacting to an inquiry and not understanding what a true invasion is (read: Waco) then that's really your problem - possibly legally - down the road.

ATF wants to look around and I've got all my stuff in order, I'm probably not going to make a big deal of it. Because pissing them off by sending them away going to drive them to get their warrant and bring a lot more scrutiny than I really want to waste my time with. Plus I have nothing to hide, all my stuff is legal and registered and secured better than most FFL's are required to do.

Not every hill is worth dying on. And some hills are just plain stupid.

16. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how I'd take this. Yes, legally they need a search warrant but I don't want the extra scrutiny. I guess I'd let them in and see the locked gun safe inside a locked room, that should take care of it. Would I open the safe? No.

SonicBlue03 and (deleted member) like this.
  17. Gunner3456

Gunner3456 Salem Well-Known Member

I can't believe what I'm reading. I wouldn't let them in without a warrant, and they need probable cause to get a warrant. If they think I've done something illegal and they have evidence, show it to a judge. If they get their warrant, they can look but they aren't going to find anything illegal. They are going to leave with their hats in their hands, having found nothing they can act on.

18. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

You aren't prepared to die for what you believe in? Feel free to GTFO then.

19. SonicBlue03

So to recap, you're saying that because he doesn't think the first response should be killing fellow Americans without going through due process that he should leave the country.

20. Greenbug

Greenbug Bend Well-Known Member

I used to work for a company that has a gun store down in Austin, one of the ATF investigators in particular was extremely left wing. We dreaded each ATF visit to that FFL location and hoped we wouldn't have to deal with her. Maybe the ATF field office down there is infested with some liberal investigators and or field agents? I agree with Teacher Todd, the ATF investigators I deal with here in Oregon are pretty level headed, I might even have a beer with them.