JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Crappy states I wouldn't want to live in anyway due to the crime and populace idiocy. Washington ATF is understaffed and wouldn't have time to do that, nor would they be remotely interested. Generally okay folks.

According to several gun dealers in Austin as well as one of our own staff members, the ATF is visiting people’s homes, demanding to be allowed inside without a warrant, and implying that gun owners could be terrorists for purchasing two or more firearms at a time.

Illustrating how lawless this is, a central Texas gun dealer who provided Alex Jones with the ATF letter, contacted Daniel Jones, the head of the ATF in Austin two weeks before receiving the letter to ask about news reports that President Obama was going to order the investigation of citizens that bought two or more rifles. Agent Jones told him “no that law is not going to pass, and we can’t enforce something that isn’t law so don’t worry about it.” Of course, the law didn’t pass but the ATF later enforced it anyway.

This is all based on a directive from the federal government that is completely outside of the law and unconstitutional. The law that would have required gun dealers in border states to report sales of two or more semi-automatic rifles to the ATF was “stripped entirely from the text of the regulation” when it came up for a vote in Congress on April 15, but as part of the Obama administration’s dictatorial zeal to accomplish its agenda outside of the law, the program is going ahead anyway.

The federal government is enforcing a law that was never passed.

Some lawyer or news organization should sting em. Buy two weapons and secretly record the thugs when they visit. Maybe have the homeowner kinda shady looking to make ATF act more menacing and then cue the crying kids and wife. Pull some community organizing, rabble rousing, activist tricks on em.

i'll preface by saying i didn't actually read the article posted above, but am aware that this is happening in border states.

the only thing more upsetting than ATF agents going around knocking on peoples' doors is that the vast majority of people are apparently fully cooperative, allowing the agents in and effectively letting them search the property- inspecting safes and guns, ammunition supplies, reloading setups, etc. bubbleguming disgusting self-betrayal of rights.

i think a lot of guys just cant stand being "rude" to other human beings... but though some ATF agents may be good at pretending, we must remember that they are, in fact, NOT human, and treat them accordingly. "oh but he seemed so nice..." yea.. thats HOW they get into your bubblegum.

The ATF busted a house in a cul-de-sac about half a block from my house last year where the boyfriend/husband/whatever had made some threats to his wife/gf/whore and seized a bunch of pipe bombs he had built (she had reported him.) I didn't even know they were there, which is kinda funny because I'm pretty sure my gun and suppressor purchases over the past couple of years have put me on some sort of map.

May I see your warrant? Oh, no warrant? You're trespassing. Get off my property.

Followed by an immediate call to 911. 'Some poser with a badge and a gun is trying to force their way into my house. My wife and children are in danger. I may have to defend myself. Please get a sheriff here ASAP'

You wouldn't resist an invasion of your home? Some d*ckhead shows up at my house claiming to be some kind of 'special agent' that isn't accompanied by a uniformed deputy sheriff is going to get exactly that reaction.

Whomever stated about coming back with a warrant and asking them politely to leave was the appropriate response if one wants to resist. Announcing to 9-1-1 that you intend to "defend yourself" after that fact is giving more evidence to be used against you or your surviving relatives in court. Might help to remember Randy Weaver and that you're not him. If overreacting to an inquiry and not understanding what a true invasion is (read: Waco) then that's really your problem - possibly legally - down the road.

ATF wants to look around and I've got all my stuff in order, I'm probably not going to make a big deal of it. Because pissing them off by sending them away going to drive them to get their warrant and bring a lot more scrutiny than I really want to waste my time with. Plus I have nothing to hide, all my stuff is legal and registered and secured better than most FFL's are required to do.

Not every hill is worth dying on. And some hills are just plain stupid.

I'm not sure how I'd take this. Yes, legally they need a search warrant but I don't want the extra scrutiny. I guess I'd let them in and see the locked gun safe inside a locked room, that should take care of it. Would I open the safe? No.

I can't believe what I'm reading. I wouldn't let them in without a warrant, and they need probable cause to get a warrant. If they think I've done something illegal and they have evidence, show it to a judge. If they get their warrant, they can look but they aren't going to find anything illegal. They are going to leave with their hats in their hands, having found nothing they can act on.

You aren't prepared to die for what you believe in? Feel free to GTFO then.

So to recap, you're saying that because he doesn't think the first response should be killing fellow Americans without going through due process that he should leave the country.

I used to work for a company that has a gun store down in Austin, one of the ATF investigators in particular was extremely left wing. We dreaded each ATF visit to that FFL location and hoped we wouldn't have to deal with her. Maybe the ATF field office down there is infested with some liberal investigators and or field agents? I agree with Teacher Todd, the ATF investigators I deal with here in Oregon are pretty level headed, I might even have a beer with them.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top