JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What was blatantly obvious as well was his implying those records are only on paper.... while extoling the hard work of legions of folks removing staples and flattening boxes and boxes of transaction records day in and day out.

For why would you need to remove stapled together documents from a 4473 and flatten them if not to bulk feed them into a scanner and OCR them into the database(?)

Stoopid enough to believe everyone else is as stoopid as you are seems to be a raging pandemic on the other side of the aisle.

They keep the records,had a local LEO at my door the other day,he said the ATF told him I bought a pistol in 2006 from a local shop,and did I still own it?I had sold it to a friend 11 years ago in a private party sale,turned out someone found it by the roadside,no crime attached to it,and they just wanted to make sure the rightful owner got his gun back...I called him,and turns out he had been looking for it,he got it back,no issues...We have 2A friendly LEOS around here,but it was scary that they had 17 year old transaction records at the ATF..
And now you know why they hate 80% so much.

How did it wind up along the side a road?

Did he maybe lay it on top of the vehicle, forget it and drive off?
I've done exactly that. Lucky for me, it was on private land in the middle of nowhere and I was able to go back and retrieve the weapon. Had some minor cosmetic damage from dropping off the roof at speed, but nothing that couldn't be fixed. Lesson learned: Slow is smooth, smooth is fast. Even when simply putting your weapon away after use. SMDH...

He thought he had just misplaced it at home,last time he remembered handling it was getting out of his truck...The officer had a photo and it looked like it got ran over,scratched all to hell...As a former RSO I chewed on him a bit about being more aware...For those wondering it was a CZ 82...

What was blatantly obvious as well was his implying those records are only on paper..
You mean you also don't believe the retailers that use computerized 4473s aren't on any kind of network, and that info doesn't find its way out of the store, to the cloud... or any government network?

The Internet was developed by DARPA. No doubt all online data is trawled through by Govt agencies all over the world
I just go with the notion that they know exactly what firearms we have, along with everything else we own.

Feels better that way, not hiding.

:rolleyes:

This one was 3 homes ago, and I've since expanded such storage ~X4...

C29A8E94-A553-4C5F-8C6F-D40673A43C4E_zpsqias874k.jpg

Last Edited:
Of course there is some sort of loophole for firearm registry.

With that said...
I have no way to prove this.
However...
If the government can have control over something...and make money off of doing the same....
A loophole for firearm registry should come as no surprise to anyone.
Andy

Of course there is some sort of loophole for firearm registry.

A loophole for firearm registry should come as no surprise to anyone.
Except... the "loophole" they are trying to sell is pure fiction. Nowhere in the prohibiting law does it specify that only a "digitally searchable registry" is prohibited. Simply.... "registry".... or, IOW:

"A registry is an organized system for the collection, storage, retrieval, analysis, and dissemination of information on individual persons."

What Diddlebum clearly and publicly admitted to fits every criteria of that definition while... nearly in the same breath... clearly stated his awareness that a registry is illegal.

Except... the "loophole" they are trying to sell is pure fiction. Nowhere in the prohibiting law does it specify that only a "digitally searchable registry" is prohibited. Simply.... "registry".... or, IOW:

"A registry is an organized system for the collection, storage, retrieval, analysis, and dissemination of information on individual persons."

What Diddlebum clearly and publicly admitted to fits every criteria of that definition.
As I said...
I can't prove that it exists...However...I still have no doubt that it does.
As in any sort of registry...loophole , hidden what F ever....
Andy

As I said...
I can't prove that it exists...However...I still have no doubt that it does.
As in any sort of registry...loophole , hidden what F ever....
Andy
I gotcha. I was just speaking to the "loophole" issue they are trying to sell. IOW, "it's not a registry (hence illegal) if it's not digitally searchable".

Nevermind "CTRL+F". 🤣

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR