JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They keep the records,had a local LEO at my door the other day,he said the ATF told him I bought a pistol in 2006 from a local shop,and did I still own it?...it was scary that they had 17 year old transaction records at the ATF..
FFLs are required to keep records for a minimum of 20 years, or turn them over to the ATF when they go out of business if less than 20 years. Even without a registry, it wouldn't be that hard to trace the gun to you. All it would take is a couple of phone calls. First to the manufacturer/importer to find out who they sold it to (by serial no. and import marks in the case of a CZ82) and then to the LGS you bought it from to find out who they sold it to. The next step would be to find out what you did with it. That's exactly how guns are traced in criminal investigations.

Of course, any intermediate private party transaction in which the seller could not be found would create a dead end.

Not that scary, really.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top