JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
ccr.jpg

I am curious why members feel this national reciprocity nonsense is the greatest gift since popsicles?

Who is going to decide standards for this "privilege" surely not the congressional leaders...darn they can't agree on anything.

Follow those states w/o any kind of training, including no live fire, like AZ or ID?

Follow those states w/minimal safe handling w/o live fire like UT and WA state?

Follow TX whose citizens must get their CC permit so they may OC?

Follow NM which mandates a 15 hour training class, every two years retest, live fire exercises, oh and if you qualify with a 9mm that is the only firearm you may carry. If you wish to change calibers you need to do further life fire exercises. Please do not forget NM also mandates Crisis Prevention training in their CC course?

Further, what about CA, IL, MD, NY, CT which have imposed gauntlets upon their citizens to obtain their CC?

Oh wait, I know, shall we allow the NRA mandate the national training standard for the new concept of national reciprocity, this should work our swell, huh?

GET OVER THE EMOTIONAL BS RHETORIC and let this stupid knee jerk legislation die a quiet and peaceful demise and allow the states their current responsibility to manage their firearm laws for their citizens. This promises to be the beginning of the end.

I am curious why members feel this national reciprocity nonsense is the greatest gift since popsicles?

Who is going to decide standards for this "privilege" surely not the congressional leaders...darn they can't agree on anything.

Follow those states w/o any kind of training, including no live fire, like AZ or ID?

Follow NM which mandates a 15 hour training class, every two years retest, live fire exercises, oh and if you qualify with a 9mm that is the only firearm you may carry. If you wish to change calibers you need to do further life fire exercises. Please do not forget NM also mandates Crisis Prevention training in their CC course?

Further, what about CA, IL, MD, NY, CT which have imposed gauntlets upon their citizens to obtain their CC?

Oh wait, I know, shall we allow the NRA mandate the national training standard for the new concept of national reciprocity, this should work our swell, huh?

GET OVER THE EMOTIONAL BS RHETORIC and let this stupid knee jerk legislation die a quiet and peaceful demise and allow the states their current responsibility to manage their firearm laws for their citizens. This promises to be the beginning of the end.

We aren't citizens of the state, we are residents. We are US citizens.

We aren't citizens of the state, we are residents. We are US citizens.

Let's clarify definitions shall we:
What is CITIZEN?
In general, A member of a free city or jural society, (civitas.) possessing all the rights and privileges which can be enjoyed by any person under its constitution and government, and subject to the corresponding duties.

What is CIVITAS?
Lat. In the Roman law. Any body of people living under the same laws; a state. Jus civitatis, the law of a state; civil law. Inst. 1, 2, 1, 2. Oivitates fcederatce, towns in alliance with Rome, and considered to be free. Butl. Hor. Jur. 29. Citizenship; one of the three status, conditions, or qualifications of persons. Mackeld. Rom. Law, S 131. Civitas et urbs in hoc differnnt, quod incolse dibubblegumur civitas, urbs vero com. plectitur jertifioia. Co. Litt. 409. A city and a town differ, in this: that the Inhabitants are called the "city," but town includes the buildings.

What is RESIDENT?
One who has his residence in a place. "Resident" and "inhabitant" are distinguishable in meaning. The word "inhabitant" implies a more fixed and permanent abode than does "resident;" and a resident may not be entitled to all the privileges or subject to all the duties of an inhabitant. Frost v. Brisbin, 19 Wend. (N. Y.) 11, 32 Am. Dec. 423. Also a tenant, who was obliged to reside on his lord's land, and not to depart from the same; called, also, "homme levant et couch- ant," and in Normandy, "resscant du fief."

Therefore, if not citizens of the state but 'residents' then why do you adhere to their mandates on Initiatives 594 or 1639?

sorry NO_ you said it best in your signature: "AMERICA: Designed by geniuses, protected by patriots, run by idiots." and now you wish to allow those idiots to possibly impose firearm sanctions on CC'g across this nation.

So NO_, since you didn't not contribute...which training standard do you wish the IDIOTS running this country to implement after passage of this national reciprocity nonsense on the CITIZENS?

I'll wait....

What is CITIZEN?
In general, A member of a free city or jural society, (civitas.) possessing all the rights and privileges which can be enjoyed by any person under its constitution and government, and subject to the corresponding duties.

What is CIVITAS?
Lat. In the Roman law. Any body of people living under the same laws; a state. Jus civitatis, the law of a state; civil law. Inst. 1, 2, 1, 2. Oivitates fcederatce, towns in alliance with Rome, and considered to be free. Butl. Hor. Jur. 29. Citizenship; one of the three status, conditions, or qualifications of persons. Mackeld. Rom. Law, S 131. Civitas et urbs in hoc differnnt, quod incolse dibubblegumur civitas, urbs vero com. plectitur jertifioia. Co. Litt. 409. A city and a town differ, in this: that the Inhabitants are called the "city," but town includes the buildings.

What is RESIDENT?
One who has his residence in a place. "Resident" and "inhabitant" are distinguishable in meaning. The word "inhabitant" implies a more fixed and permanent abode than does "resident;" and a resident may not be entitled to all the privileges or subject to all the duties of an inhabitant. Frost v. Brisbin, 19 Wend. (N. Y.) 11, 32 Am. Dec. 423. Also a tenant, who was obliged to reside on his lord's land, and not to depart from the same; called, also, "homme levant et couch- ant," and in Normandy, "resscant du fief."

Therefore, if not citizens of the state but 'residents' then why do you adhere to their mandates on Initiatives 594 or 1639?

sorry NO_ you said it best in your signature: "AMERICA: Designed by geniuses, protected by patriots, run by idiots." and now you wish to allow those idiots to possibly impose firearm sanctions on CC'g across this nation.

So NO_, since you didn't not contribute...which training standard do you wish the IDIOTS running this country to implement after passage of this national reciprocity nonsense on the CITIZENS?

I'll wait....

Keep waiting, I'm on the toilet and wouldn't want to waste such a peaceful moment.

You obviously didn't bother to read HR.38 before wasting time typing out a tedious rant that has nothing to do with reality. National reciprocity would not create any "national training standard". It would simply allow non-residents of a state who already have a valid concealed carry license to legally carry in any state that allows its own residents to legally carry. Simple concept.

Try knowing what you are talking about before typing out a long diatribe, otherwise you'll look silly and uninformed.

Last Edited:
You obviously didn't bother to read HR.38 before wasting time typing out a tedious rant that has nothing to do reality. National reciprocity would not create any "national training standard". It would simply allow non-residents of a state who already have a valid concealed carry license to legally carry in any state that allows its own residents to legally carry. Simple concept.

Try knowing what you are talking about before typing out a long diatribe, otherwise you'll look silly and uninformed.

"He's" too busy pulling bunched panties from "his" a$$-crack, and always trying to be the smartest one in the room.

:rolleyes:

Forgive me for this observation...

Eh never mind those pushing this w/o any critical thinking oversight on what our august congressional members have done for our nation's citizen firearm rights to date, humm GCA immediately comes to mind, deserve what you are wishing for...

Enjoy your initiatives and other pro firearm activities...

What is CITIZEN?

What is CIVITAS?

What is RESIDENT?

I'll wait....

Forgive me for this observation...

Eh never mind those pushing this w/o any critical thinking oversight on what our august congressional members have done for our nation's citizen firearm rights to date, humm GCA immediately comes to mind, deserve what you are wishing for...

Enjoy your initiatives and other pro firearm activities...

Here's our vocabulary word of the day:

wind·bag
/ˈwin(d)baɡ/
noun
noun: windbag; plural noun: windbags
  1. a person who talks at length but says little of value.

Alas BSR, stomper, et al., i see quick witted derogatory commentary directed towards me,

yet not one IOTA of substance provided with viable rebuttal regarding my comments nor nobody has poffered one rationale why National reciprocity is the greatest thing since popsicles were invented?

Nor has anyone addressed any manner of implementation on how is the government is going to FORCE state adherance to their national policy?

So please BSR, stomper, and others who wish to join in, please enlighten the membership on the real or perceived benefits of this proposal in lieu of lambasting others just because someone disagrees, with examples, over a self-promoting newspeek media pushing this agenda?

Again i'll wait...

I see national reciprocity as a two handed sword. The good is the ability to carry across state lines and have a common standard for obtaining a ccw. The negative is now we put our trust in the federal government and the next time we get an anti gunner in control the right gets restricted so tightly few will ever be able to carry even in thier own state. I dont trust my government enough to do this simple thing right and am reluctant to lose the ability to carry concealed.

I see national reciprocity as a two handed sword. The good is the ability to carry across state lines and have a common standard for obtaining a ccw. The negative is now we put our trust in the federal government and the next time we get an anti gunner in control the right gets restricted so tightly few will ever be able to carry even in thier own state.

Again, National Reciprocity DOES NOT create a common or national standard for concealed carry! It simply says if you already have a concealed carry permit, or if your state has constitutional carry and you have ID issued by your home state, you can use that to legally carry in every state that does not completely ban concealed carry for its own residents.

For those like justcuz who are confused and can't seem to grasp a simple concept, you know how if you have an Oregon or Washington driver's license you can use that license to legally drive in other states? Or if you are legally married in one state that is recognized by all other states? National Reciprocity would be like that. If you have an Oregon driver's license you don't have to get an Idaho driver's license to drive in Idaho, a Montana driver's license to drive in Montana, etc. Under National Reciprocity, if you have an Oregon CHL you can carry in Idaho, Montana, etc. without getting permits from each of those states. It's National RECIPROCITY, not one national concealed carry standard or permit.

Here's another vocabulary word of the day:

reciprocity
noun

rec·i·proc·i·ty | \ˌre-sə-ˈprä-s(ə-)tē

\
plural reciprocities
Definition of reciprocity

: a mutual exchange of privileges specifically : a recognition by one of two countries or institutions of the validity of licenses or privileges granted by the other

Last Edited:
Again, National Reciprocity DOES NOT create a common or national standard for concealed carry! It simply says if you already have a concealed carry permit, or if your state has constitutional carry and you have ID issued by your home state, you can use that to legally carry in every state that does not completely ban concealed carry for its own residents.

For those like justcuz who are confused and can't seem to grasp a simple concept, you know how if you have an Oregon or Washington driver's license you can use that license to legally drive in other states? It's like that. If you have an Oregon driver's license you don't have to get an Idaho driver's license to drive in Idaho, a Montana driver's license to drive in Montana, etc. Under National Reciprocity, if you have an Oregon CHL you can carry in Idaho, Montana, etc. without getting permits from each of those states. It's National RECIPROCITY, not one national concealed carry standard or permit.
That is your opinion until it is laid out you dont know what you will end up with. Your hoping like the rest of us your right.

That is your opinion until it is laid out you dont know what you will end up with. Your hoping like the rest of us your right.

It's not just my opinion, it's what the bill actually says.

Shown Here:
Passed House amended (12/06/2017)

Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017

TITLE I--CONCEALED CARRY RECIPROCITY ACT OF 2017

(Sec. 101) This bill amends the federal criminal code to allow a qualified individual to carry a concealed handgun into or possess a concealed handgun in another state that allows individuals to carry concealed firearms.

A qualified individual must: (1) be eligible to possess, transport, or receive a firearm under federal law; (2) carry a valid photo identification document; and (3) carry a valid concealed carry permit issued by any state or be eligible to carry a concealed firearm in his or her state of residence.

Additionally, the bill specifies that a qualified individual who lawfully carries or possesses a concealed handgun in another state: (1) is not subject to the federal prohibition on possessing a firearm in a school zone, and (2) may carry or possess the concealed handgun in federally owned lands that are open to the public.

H.R.38 - 115th Congress (2017-2018): Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads