JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And the bill has not been voted on yet so it's still can be changed. I guess the proper term is amended.

Actually, it was voted on in the House and PASSED last year.

Passed House amended (12/06/2017)

It is awaiting a vote in the Senate. The whole point of this thread is to get people to contact Senators so it can be passed by the Senate and signed into law before the term of the current Congress expires.

ccr-jpg.jpg

If it isn't passed by the Senate before the current Congress leaves the House bill is dead and they would have to start all over again next year with the new Congress. But the Democrats will control the House in the next Congress and they will never pass a National Reciprocity bill. This is our last chance.

No wonder our rights are slipping away when some gun owners *cough* justcuz *cough* don't understand a pro-gun rights bill when they see one and then make uninformed, long-winded arguments against it.

Last Edited:
I see national reciprocity as a two handed sword. The good is the ability to carry across state lines and have a common standard for obtaining a ccw. The negative is now we put our trust in the federal government and the next time we get an anti gunner in control the right gets restricted so tightly few will ever be able to carry even in thier own state. I dont trust my government enough to do this simple thing right and am reluctant to lose the ability to carry concealed.

....and yet in other threads of dicussion you extol the "virtuous nature" of all of our intelligence agencies, that are run by political appointees from whatever current administration is in power.... derp.

:rolleyes:

Alas BSR, stomper, et al., i see quick witted derogatory commentary directed towards me,

yet not one IOTA of substance provided with viable rebuttal regarding my comments nor nobody has poffered one rationale why National reciprocity is the greatest thing since popsicles were invented?

Nor has anyone addressed any manner of implementation on how is the government is going to FORCE state adherance to their national policy?

So please BSR, stomper, and others who wish to join in, please enlighten the membership on the real or perceived benefits of this proposal in lieu of lambasting others just because someone disagrees, with examples, over a self-promoting newspeek media pushing this agenda?

Again i'll wait...

Pssst.... you obviously have your opinion.... nobody cares. ;)

....and yet in other threads of dicussion you extol the "virtuous nature" of all of our intelligence agencies, that are run by political appointees from whatever current administration is in power.... derp.

:rolleyes:
Yes I do especially when they are saying the same thing and we have a potus for political purposes cozying up to our enemies. I also realize that when one head is in charge of everything your going where that head leads you. Good or bad.

One step at a time. Or would you prefer North Korea resume nuclear testing and shooting off missiles as they did during the Obama regime?
You don't know what they are currently doing for all you know maybe they are stock piling thier weapons but let's have faith a rogue regime will cooperate when historically they never have. We have the word of the POTUS what else would any reasonable thinking man need.

You don't know what they are currently doing

Two things I know they AREN'T doing: exploding nuclear weapons and firing missiles over Japan. Again, would you prefer North Korea was exploding nuclear weapons and firing missiles over Japan so they aren't "stockpiling" them? Simple question, yes or no?

Two things I know they AREN'T doing: exploding nuclear weapons and firing missiles over Japan. Again, would you prefer North Korea was exploding nuclear weapons and firing missiles over Japan so they aren't "stockpiling" them? Simple question, yes or no?
I would like to see them denuclearzing like Trump told the country they were doing. Because missiles are not flying now does not mean they wont. Blindly following someone is one of the most dangerous things an individual can do.

So BSG now that you wish for appropriation spending [quote, The bill authorizes appropriations for FY2018-FY2022 to carry out activities under this title. Unquote] to increase to faciliate the DoJ's coordination to "FIX NICS" by,

quote:
in coordination with each state or tribal government, to establish an implementation plan, including benchmarks, to maximize the automation and submission of mental health and criminal history records to the NICS; unquote

Quote: establishes a domestic abuse and violence prevention initiative as a priority area for NARIP grant funding, and creates a funding preference for states that establish an implementation plan and use grant funds to upload felony conviction and domestic violence records. Unquote.

Quote:
This bill amends the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act to require each federal agency and department, including a federal court, to: certify whether it has provided to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) disqualifying records of persons prohibited from receiving or possessing a firearm, and establish and substantially comply with an implementation plan to maximize record submissions and verify their accuracy.

Yeah the Rs in the Senate are not interested in passing pro-gun legislation.

Just a few more years and gun control will be a bipartisan effort.

I suppose that's when we're expected to water a tree or something something.

So BSG now that you wish for appropriation spending to increase to faciliate the DoJ's coordination to "FIX NICS"

Thank goodness you are finally reading up on the subject matter BEFORE making uninformed posts.

I'm no fan of background checks (a huge waste of time and money >98% of the time) but if we are going to have them then it makes sense to improve the NICS database so it has accurate and current information. Someone who should fail a background check instead being approved because of poor data reporting and then committing a mass shooting - as in the case of Texas church shooter Devin Patrick Kelley (The Air Force says it failed to follow procedures, allowing Texas church shooter to obtain firearms) - causes not only tragic loss of life but increases pressure for more gun control. The passages you attempted to quote strengthen reporting requirements and provide funds to improve the system, and "fix NICS" is supported by the NRA.

mkhda1.png

That isn't the central purpose of HR.38 which is National Reciprocity for concealed carry permits.

By the way, are you going to admit now that you have apparently skimmed through the text of HR. 38 that you didn't know what the National Reciprocity bill would actually do and your previous uninformed pompous rants against it had no basis in reality? I didn't think so. Again, in the future, actually knowing what you are talking about before posting would be greatly appreciated by everyone.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top