JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For the original re-issue, I was one of the complaining soldiers. I didn't file paperwork, but as soon as they asked, I spoke up and asked them to get rid of it. I also eventually got my company leadership to remove the cross from our unit badge.

I'm a supporter of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation and I'm an atheist in a foxhole, but that's not the main reason I wanted them to get every single religious symbol off of my gear. If the Taliban sees a crucifix on your shoulder, A bible verse on your helmet or gun, or anything else that's religiously oriented, they're going to react badly, and it will only encourage their mistaken idea that they are waging a holy war.

For the original re-issue, I was one of the complaining soldiers. I didn't file paperwork, but as soon as they asked, I spoke up and asked them to get rid of it. I also eventually got my company leadership to remove the cross from our unit badge.

I'm a supporter of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation and I'm an atheist in a foxhole, but that's not the main reason I wanted them to get every single religious symbol off of my gear. If the Taliban sees a crucifix on your shoulder, A bible verse on your helmet or gun, or anything else that's religiously oriented, they're going to react badly, and it will only encourage their mistaken idea that they are waging a holy war.

I understand your opinion and your right to have it. I also understand it may go harder for you if captured with such a scope. I conclude by saying we never should have gone over there in the first place, which would make all this moot

Moe to the point, if we're there to support a population that's universally Muslim, having Christian symbols on your issue gear doesn't exactly engender us to our supposed "friendly allies."

Anybody remember the German recon unit that got in dutch because they painted an Afrika Korps style palm tree on their armored car in Iraq/Afghanistan? I thought it was priceless. Probably their unit's history dated back to the North African campaign or beyond. My brother, when he was a Major in the AF used to go shoot with a West German Fallschirmjager regiment. Their regimental history went all the way back to the Napoleonic period. Fusiliers or some such originally. When his tour was over they gave him a plaque with their unit crest and WWII bayonet mounted on it. I think this is over reacting about the scopes but in case someone was living in a cave the last 3 decades....the WAR is already going on whether we want to admit it or not. Radical Islamists hate us and some are willing to die for that hate. Remember the Marine Barracks in Lebanon? Remember the USS Cole, Lockerbie flight, etc.

Brutus Out

With the ever increasing battery life/tech I have avoided Tritium for long guns and stockpiled batteries for holo sights, instead

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top