Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Army orders biblical reference on Trijicon's removed

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Pandaz3, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Pandaz3

Pandaz3 Cornelius, Oregon NRA Lifetime Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

Well those rotten Trijicon people, the nerve of them putting a subtle Christian reference on their products

2. speeddemon94

speeddemon94 The Rogue Well-Known Member

WOW! That took a long time to make the news.

They actually did this 4 years ago or so. We started getting the new scopes back in 2010 without the markings.

oknow and (deleted member) like this.
  3. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

Must be a conspiracy by the atheist islamic jewish nazi communist illuminati masons to subvert the US... Gotta get more tin foil.

On a related note, it seems silly to me. We are so afraid of offending someone, we offend everyone.

4. michaels

michaels oregon Active Member

Ahh, I know better than to comment, but I can't help myself.

I think 1st off, Jesus was the prince of peace.

2nd off, hey, I understand some people want a holy war, "Christians" against "Muslims".

Have at, go for it.

Have fun doing it!

Just don't take and apply the money I pay in taxes for it.

5. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Read Rev 19 and Ezekiel 9 if you think He can be pigeonholed as the Prince of Peace

civilian75 and (deleted member) like this.
  6. michaels

michaels oregon Active Member

Hey my friend, I have my understanding of the bible.

You have yours.

7. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

It is good to have a good understanding of the Bible. But it is better to have a good understanding of the God of the Bible. It takes more than just reading the Good Book to get it.

8. Kevinkris

Kevinkris Aloha Well-Known Member

what if it was simply a coincidence that the lot code just happened to turn out that way? besides, how the hell did anyone even notice that? its vague, at best.

9. speeddemon94

speeddemon94 The Rogue Well-Known Member

Not a coincidence, I saw the memo.

10. GunnyG

GunnyG The Highlands Active Member

Nahhh... not really. It is apparent (... not that I mind :))

A7AA8CB4-345D-4C38-9EF9-82AC5DCDF8CB-3955-0000020E835D0D83.jpg

11. Kevinkris

Kevinkris Aloha Well-Known Member

okay, that is a bit more than i thought. all i saw was that it was after the serial number in the article. its still pretty vague though, i dont think i would have known without reading about it hear.

12. RoneKiln

RoneKiln Western Washington Active Member

This received quite a bit of media attention several years ago. The order to take it off was largely due to pressure from troops in the field that were concerned it could support the claims insurgents were making of "holy war," and contribute to escalating the violence.

Personally I like that Trijicon used to do this. but I fully support the troops that demanded this be fixed, and I understand why. Were I in the field, I'd insist it be removed as well.

13. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

I'd say keep it but make it HUGE!!!!!!! :flag:

Pilots used to paint scripture, quotes, drawings and even naked ladies on the military airplanes.

I guess Our military commanders are afraid of offending other nations while we are fighting and killing them?

14. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

I'm just not seeing why this is a big deal.

15. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

Sure now these "pre-ban" sights will go for even more after the new PC sights come out. Of course the German landsers belt buckle inscribed Gott Mit Uns- "God with Us" worked out well, not.

It is getting quite freakin ridiculous. Pretty soon I'll have to HIDE my old Naval Intell patch. IN GOD WE TRUST ALL OTHERS WE MONITOR.

:thumbup:

BRUTUS OUT

16. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

They originally wanted to use this quote, but the darn thing wouldn't fit or you'd have to use a magnifying glass to read the font -

Our Santa is better than their Santa. We get to enjoy the spoils and rape the women and steal their stuff. Can't beat that. Conan the Barbarian stuff right there.

As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

(Deuteronomy 20:10-14)

Mezzovex, xd45acp, Bushman and 5 others like this.
  17. Father of four

:gun17: New Old Stock "KJV" Trijicon Scopes!!!!!! Get them before the Second Coming!!!!!!! :gun02:

18. ARKLITE881South

ARKLITE881South USA Well-Known Member

They don't want our guys to ''offend'' the enemy. The Marines were passed down orders NOT to fart around afghanistan solders because it ''offended '' them, but its ok if if the afghanies rape little boys in their country. Screw that, i'd eat nothing but beans just because.

Sabertooth and (deleted member) like this.
  19. Father of four

"In God We Trust" on our money but not on our scopes darn it!!!!!!

20. Mezzovex

Mezzovex Sherwood Active Member

I can't like this enough! Epic